Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure if Holden sees him as first choice? 
  • Options
    I’m not sure Manny is good enough going forward or dynamic enough for a wing back role. Perfectly fine back up but I suspect we are looking to sign someone in that position. I would even have Assiimwe as first choice currently and I think DH thinks the same.
  • Options
    After last nights performance Asiimwe may well have pushed himself ahead of Egbo. Be interesting to see the line-up on Saturday. Would assume most of the players Holden wants to start against Orient will get at least 60-70 minutes in that game.
  • Options
    Interesting he got zero minutes in the final pre-season? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Maybe like most of the signings from the last two summers, he’s not very good 
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    mendonca said:
    Maybe like most of the signings from the last two summers, he’s not very good 
    Seems it. But he showed a good engine in his first run of games. 
  • Options
    The funny thing is, Sean Clare would have been really good in this new formation.
    He played the odd game at RWB for us and was ok. Could play out from the back, drive forward with the ball but he’s not a good crosser of the ball or a natural defender.
  • Options
    At least the thread title is accurate of our plans for Egbo.
  • Options
    Presume he'll be off to Colchester soon?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    The funny thing is, Sean Clare would have been really good in this new formation.
    He played the odd game at RWB for us and was ok. Could play out from the back, drive forward with the ball but he’s not a good crosser of the ball or a natural defender.
    Probably meant as a cb on the right 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Apparently Manny pulled his Quad in warmup anyway
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Felt some tightness in his c̶a̶l̶f̶ quad during the warmup according to comms
  • Options
    Darenth said:
    Felt some tightness in his calf during the warmup according to comms
    Quad 
  • Options
    Hope thats not the case, but i thought he looked decent last year, and can imagine he may be pretty pissef off not to be deemed good enough to face newport in a micky mouse competition
  • Options
    Wonder if that's a 'I'm not wanted, I'm not playing on the bench' job, or he wasn't quite fit enough to start and this proves it.

Would do him out of "shop window" chance so would bet it's genuine. 
  • Options
    Wonder if that's a 'I'm not wanted, I'm not playing on the bench' job, or he wasn't quite fit enough to start and this proves it.

Would do him out of "shop window" chance so would bet it's genuine. 
    Unless talks are ongoing already with other clubs hence why he’s on the bench in the first place. Anyway seems his days are numbered.
  • Options
    If he's feeling his quad, that's not good either. 
  • Options
    Back to the treatment room then without barely playing any minutes for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Call me a cynic but it sounds like a strained hissie-fit to me. Dean clearly doesn’t rate/line him which I find surprising but he’s soon to be a member of the Chuks club (never to be seen again in a Charlton strip). 
  • Options
    Call me a cynic but it sounds like a strained hissie-fit to me. Dean clearly doesn’t rate/line him which I find surprising but he’s soon to be a member of the Chuks club (never to be seen again in a Charlton strip). 
    You're a cynic. 

I agree. I found it no surprise he dropped out of the squad with a niggle. Boy we could have done with him playing ahead of Chin though. 
  • Options
    Was Chin's injury a knock or was it a pull up?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think Terry said he was holding his groin, carried on, and then went down a few minutes later. Charlie Methven’s overhaul of the “performance” dept. can’t come quick enough.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think Terry said he was holding his groin, carried on, and then went down a few minutes later. Charlie Methven’s overhaul of the “performance” dept. can’t come quick enough.
    That's shit if so it's bloody painful to twist and turn as a full back needs to with a pulled groin, let alone whip in crosses. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Hope thats not the case, but i thought he looked decent last year, and can imagine he may be pretty pissed off not to be deemed good enough to face newport in a micky mouse competition
    that would be no excuse for downing tools tho
    even without a "no dickheads" policy if ME's grumpy about where Holden ranks him, the only way to get back in the 18 and then the first XI is to turn up and show up and work your cobblers off in mickey mouse games - he would only have needed to look alright to have shone amongst last night's cavalcade of crap
  • Options
    Or he could be genuinely injured. 
  • Options
    Seeing as Asiimwe was out with a knock, there's no way he's faking the injury as now Chin is out he'd be looking at starting on Saturday if they were both still out