Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Not really sure I agree with this seeing how Asiimwe isn't 100%, especially right before a match 
  • Options
    Nice words from Dean Holden. He’s a good egg (bo)
  • Options
    No surprise where he went 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    Not really sure I agree with this seeing how Asiimwe isn't 100%, especially right before a match 
    We can't have everything, new players, don't sell players... get a buyer, keep him for 1 more game and risk injury. 
  • Options
    Hopefully Sessegnon incoming 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I don't think we have much choice really, if we need to sell before buying we're not in the position to be saying no. Plus Holden just doesn't seem to rate him one way or another.

It's a shame but can't really be helped.
  • Options
    any idea how much the fee is?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    IR94 said:
    If not 0, close to it I’d imagine. Same as Wollacott and Lavelle earlier in the window
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not surprised to see him go there, not just the Garner link, but with their rumoured Right-Back departing 
  • Options
    The most easy of the unwanted players to move on, as he from the other thread he was in the lowest wages 
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Assume he's replacing their outgoing right back that used to play for us. Saw rumours it was low 6 figures. 
  • Options
    That’s ballsed up the follow follow song

Good luck Manny 
  • Options

Good luck Manny 
    Good - it’s bollocks
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see whether Holden's comments about Asiimwe and first team football mean we're not getting another right-back/wingback in, or if he means Egbo would have been 3rd choice and so wanted to move.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see whether Holden's comments about Asiimwe and first team football mean we're not getting another right-back/wingback in, or if he means Egbo would have been 3rd choice and so wanted to move.
    The latter I presume.

If it's the former it makes no sense as now there's no one to replace him if injured 
  • Options

Good luck Manny 
    Corey and Tayo, Alfie and Dobbo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haven’t read all the previous posts, but personally very disappointed with this news.  Thought he offered some quality.  
  • Options
    Hopefully Sessegnon incoming 
    Would love that. Seems a bit early to assume Asiimwe is good enough two games into the season. 
  • Options
    Payne and McGrandles next from last summer’s “spending”
  • Options
    Weird one, thought he looked good last season, definitely good enough to be a squad player
  • Options
    He didn't really do much so no big loss really. 
  • Options
    I’m sure he has good quality, and I wish him all the best for the future, but for me, he was too injury prone.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Shame it didn't work out as seemed a decent guy and when he first got into the side, a more than decent player.

But Holden didn't fancy him, didn't play him last season or this and would have bought Dabo in, if he'd passed his fitness test.

@blackpool72 what did I tell you?
  • Options
    Shame. Actually a bit annoyed by this when we have no other fit RWB 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shame. Actually a bit annoyed by this when we have no other fit RWB 
    Agree and the timing just before kickoff annoyed me too!