Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mandela Egbo - gone to Colchester (p17)

Comments

• Options
    Think him and Sessignon are proper players.  Massive losses at the start of the season.   Keep them fit and we are a different team.  Would love to see us get Sess in perm.
  • Options
    best right back weve had since luke young
    Wow Bert, that’s some claim, I’m trying to think of other decent right backs since then?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Wow Bert, that’s some claim, I’m trying to think of other decent right backs since then?
    Solly - Richardson - Dijksteel 
  • Options
    Solly, mainly.
  • Options
    Marco Motta was decent in his short spell.

• Options
    I like the guy and i think we look much better with him and Sess as the full backs. Mad to think we had Clare and Clayden a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Anyone know why he has M Egbo on the back of his shirt? Do we have another Egbo we don’t know about?
    We were told: "Don't put all your Eggbos in one basket". :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still looking good. We are nicely covered at RB now with Egbo / Clare / Chin.

So glad we've moved on our Welsh International legends on.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Still looking good. We are nicely covered at RB now with Egbo / Clare / Chin.

So glad we've moved on our Welsh International legends on.

Wonder if sending Chin on loan to non league for 28 days with recall would now be considered.  I think a food move for a very promising young lad rather than churning out for U23's for the season.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Well, in need of surgery next week following a ruptured quadricep.

Depending on the rupture, if it is complete, that is his season over as he won't be back until the end of May/start of June, maybe at the earliest.

If it is not complete, we might see him again this season.

Really, really disappointing injury and hope he recovers well. A good player. 
    Our injury curse strikes again!
  • Options
    Typical, poor Manny.
  • Options
    gutted, for him as well, thought Eoghans' looked worse
  • Options
    Didn't Garner send Egbo back on the pitch for a passage of play as the sub was readied? He didn't really move but wouldn't have helped 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Leuth said:
    Didn't Garner send Egbo back on the pitch for a passage of play as the sub was readied? He didn't really move but wouldn't have helped 
    Not sure what else he could have done? The only thing is Egbo could have come back on and literally just sit down again on the pitch, making the referee stop the game, until things were ready off it. Going back on would have not changed this outcome, a rupture is a rupture whatever way you want to dress it.

The only thing we can hope for is that it is not completely come away from the bone and the surgery is successful.

Speedy recovery, Manny. 
    Fair enough. I don't think he really moved enough to aggravate anything 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sage said:
    Leuth said:
    Not sure what else he could have done? The only thing is Egbo could have come back on and literally just sit down again on the pitch, making the referee stop the game, until things were ready off it. Going back on would have not changed this outcome, a rupture is a rupture whatever way you want to dress it.

The only thing we can hope for is that it is not completely come away from the bone and the surgery is successful.

Speedy recovery, Manny. 
    Fair enough. I don't think he really moved enough to aggravate anything 
    No, you're right, he hardly moved, and I don't think he kicked the ball either. But the injury is the injury regardless.

I am surprised though that he didn't just sit down when he was instructed back on. Although, maybe with the way the referee performed, he would have given a free kick to Ipswich or let the game carry on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Such a shame. terrible bad luck.
  • Options
    Real shame for him and us, looks a good player.

Means we're very light at the back now, again.
  • Options
    Bless his heart.

We'll be lucky to keep our remaining back 4 injury free .... 

Definitely say goodbye now to an incoming striker in January. 
  • Options
    Notice from transfermarkt that he's torn muscle fibre in the past (back in 2015/16)

Is this a possible repeat injury?
  • Options
    Makes the need for another full back, paramount. Hope Manny makes a full recovery.
  • Options
    Gutted for the guy, must do his head in keep picking up injuries.
  • Options
    Wish him a speedy recovery, really disappointed for him. 
  • Options
    Gutted. Big miss. 
  • Options
    Bad news. He and Sess gave us balance. Looked a really good player