Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Gomez looked a finished, washed up has been for that half
  • Options
    Meanwhile, Spurs win another game (despite being absolutely dire for 70 mins!) 
  • Options
    Atletico Madrid salvage a win after Oporto equalised in the 96th minute.
    Spanish commentators were very dismissive of Gomez - blamed for most of the first half mistakes Liverpool made.
  • Options
    Atletico game was 0-0 at 90 minutes and finished 2-1
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    A total Conte performance. It won’t be pretty but he will grind out results. From a selfish perspective, I don’t know how Kane will prosper under that.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Yet was lauded as their best player against Man Utd 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yet was lauded as their best player against Man Utd 
    Ah yes and remind me how well they played overall in that match? 
  • Options
    Liverpool really needed a midfielder but bought Nunez to play CF when they have Firmino and Jota who can play there. 80m towards someone like Bellingham would've surely been better for them and thus avoiding having to play Milner.

That said they have had injuries and i think once Keita and Thiago are fully fit their form will pick up. Salah has to be a concern for them though, he's been poor for a long time now.
  • Options
    Marcus Edwards came through the youth ranks at Tottenham, played for all the England youth age groups and was tipped as a future star............but didn't make it. He decided at the age of 20 to start afresh in Portugal with Vitoria Guimaraes, and after doing well he was signed by Sporting Lisbon in January. He's now a regular starter there and last night scored in the Champions league.

Great story and good motivation for any kid who's let go by a PL club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marcus Edwards came through the youth ranks at Tottenham, played for all the England youth age groups and was tipped as a future star............but didn't make it. He decided at the age of 20 to start afresh in Portugal with Vitoria Guimaraes, and after doing well he was signed by Sporting Lisbon in January. He's now a regular starter there and last night scored in the Champions league.

Great story and good motivation for any kid who's let go by a PL club.
    Bloody good player too.  We really didnt want to let him go but understand why he wanted to go.  He was the starlet in the academy and just couldnt break into the first team.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    A total Conte performance. It won’t be pretty but he will grind out results. From a selfish perspective, I don’t know how Kane will prosper under that.
    Yeah, you're right.  That really was.  1st half was woeful.  Just couldn't keep the ball.  2 v 3 in midfield again.  Marseille just didnt go for it otherwise we would have been in trouble.

The red card early in the 2nd half totally changed the game.  I thought it was harsh, yellow at best, but the other CB hadnt got back and Sonny would have been in.

There's something missing.  A spark.  We're a shadow of the team that finished Jan-May last season.  Still picking up wins and looking reasonablt solid but the cutting edge just isnt there right now.  May be partly to do with Sonny seemingly playing like he has got the weight of the world on his shoulders.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Yeah, you're right.  That really was.  1st half was woeful.  Just couldn't keep the ball.  2 v 3 in midfield again.  Marseille just didnt go for it otherwise we would have been in trouble.

The red card early in the 2nd half totally changed the game.  I thought it was harsh, yellow at best, but the other CB hadnt got back and Sonny would have been in.

There's something missing.  A spark.  We're a shadow of the team that finished Jan-May last season.  Still picking up wins and looking reasonablt solid but the cutting edge just isnt there right now.  May be partly to do with Sonny seemingly playing like he has got the weight of the world on his shoulders.
    Agree with all of this, bar i do think the Red was a red. Although a bit harsh, a bit like the goal disallowed for Arsenal at the weekend but the right decision. 

Strange one, at times Spurs look like they can blow teams away but feels like they can't sustain it. Not a bad thing to win ugly so still could be a good season, although expect better performances to go with.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Wonder how the United and Arsenal fans are feeling watching the games live after the events today. Must be a sombre atmosphere.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Very true. The bad start by Liverpool and poor form from Salah seems to be getting a lot of media attention but the fact that Son's form has fallen off a cliff seems to have gone unnoticed by many.
  • Options
    There were obviously reasons behind the decision but Spurs might live to regret letting Marcus Edwards go 
  • Options
    Spurs being at their utmost Spursy worst tonight!

Sonny has to be dropped for the weekend.  Its like playing with 10 men at the moment.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Sonny has to be dropped for the weekend.  Its like playing with 10 men at the moment.
    After the first few weeks of the season it was clear Richarlison needed to be in the XI but I’m surprised it was Kulusevski dropped rather than Son, who just hasn’t been at the races. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

After the first few weeks of the season it was clear Richarlison needed to be in the XI but I’m surprised it was Kulusevski dropped rather than Son, who just hasn’t been at the races. 
    absolutely spot on.  Kulusevski has been our best player since January.  I, like many Spurs fans, cannot understand why he has been sacrificed.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well that doesn’t seem fair.

Napoli get a penalty, saved by the Rangers keeper and the rebound is scored.
    VAR rule the keeper was off his line so penalty has to be retaken….it’s missed again. But this time the rebound is cleared.

So Napoli have a goal ruled out when it was the Rangers keeper that committed the infringement.
  • Options
    Rangers were like men against boys tonight. They have a tough group can’t see them getting a point 
  • Options
    Well that doesn’t seem fair.

Napoli get a penalty, saved by the Rangers keeper and the rebound is scored.
    VAR rule the keeper was off his line so penalty has to be retaken….it’s missed again. But this time the rebound is cleared.

So Napoli have a goal ruled out when it was the Rangers keeper that committed the infringement.
    on the radio they said disallowed as the scorer of the rebound had encroached
  • Options
    That makes sense. Would have been good for BT to mention that at some point. 
  • Options
    Mahrez, gundogan, grealish, Bernardo silva, alvarez, haaland all starting

• Options
    Jude Bellingham is the youngest captain to score in the Champions League
  • Options
    Grealish followed up his great performance against Man Utd at the weekend with another tonight.
    Hopefully it’s all starting to click for him now after a settling in period.