Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps they could both stay in the US, like a couple of howling babboons.
  • Options
    Carragher and Micah Richards forming a bit of reputation on the American coverage of the Champions League…
    The Henry/Carragher/Richards dynamic with Kate Abdo anchoring is quite good as they rip Richards over and over.
  • Options
    Didn't see the game last night but.have just seen Chelsea played Kante and Gallagher behind a false 9 when they needed 2 goals?!  What the hell is the logic there?

They've got about 42 wingers/attacking midfielders and Lampard played that?
  • Options
    Didn't see the game last night but.have just seen Chelsea played Kante and Gallagher behind a false 9 when they needed 2 goals?!  What the hell is the logic there?

They've got about 42 wingers/attacking midfielders and Lampard played that?
    I feel like morale is so low there now that Lampard went into it more concerned with not being on the end of a heavy beating.

They're a complete mess now. Where do they even start with their problems?

They need a manager.
    They need a director of football.
    Their first team squad is 35 players with 2 more already signed for the summer so they will need to shift at least 12 out of the door.
    They need a striker and a new goalkeeper.
    They're not in Europe next year so income will drop massively.
    They lost 121m in the financial year to 2022, and god only knows what that will increase to in the next year given how much they spent on transfers. It's got to be at least a 300m loss surely?
    The Premier league rules state you can only lose up to 105m over 3 years, so they need to somehow turn a huge profit soon or they'll be facing sanctions.
    They appear to have bought a lot of average players, most of whom are on long contracts. They will have to sell some at a huge loss or pay them off to leave. 
    There are too many players in some positions. They have 6 centre backs and 6 wingers plus god knows how many midfielders.

Despite all that they do of course have some very good players, so if they can get a top class manager and a striker they're quite capable of turning things around next season. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Man City allowing Cancelo to play for Bayern Munich tonight seems bizarre despite their 3-0 lead.
  • Options
    Man City allowing Cancelo to play for Bayern Munich tonight seems bizarre despite their 3-0 lead.
    You don't have a say in European games
  • Options
    Milan derby looking very likely in the other semi final... should be tasty
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    You don't have a say in European games

Sam, I just heard Darren Fletcher say that, which is different from Premier League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clear penalty under the current handball rules but Haaland fires it over the bar
  • Options
    Clear penalty under the current handball rules but Haaland fires it over the bar
    Christ he's shit  ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Upamecano has done an impression of Naby Sarr on a bad day or Bambi on ice over the two legs of the Bayern v City.
  • Options
    So the semi finals are set:

AC Milan v Inter (10 & 16 May)
    Real Madrid v Man City (9 & 17 May)
  • Options

Should be a pair of crackers.
    Real always seem to find a way of winning and I'd have preferred City to play one of the others.
    But maybe this is their year.
  • Options
    I just love watching Grealish play. What a player.
  • Options

Should be a pair of crackers.
    Real always seem to find a way of winning and I'd have preferred City to play one of the others.
    But maybe this is their year.
    City should've knocked Madrid out last year, 2 goals up and cruising before a miracle comeback. Madrid aren't better than last year but City have added a goal machine so with City at home in the second leg this time, i think they'll just edge it. 
  • Options
    Of course Real Madrid have some great players but I think if Man City can keep Vinicius Jr under their control they win 9 times out of 10.
  • Options
    City giving Madrid the run around here but of course Madrid somehow find a way to be leading in the tie. I swear this lot could be bottom 3 in the league and they'll still find a way to win the Champions league.

Ref has been very poor, at least 3 Madrid players should've been booked. Finally he books Kroos for an almost waist high assault.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carvajal is a cheating little prick.
  • Options
    Carvajal is a cheating little prick.
    How the hell has he not got a yellow card yet?!
  • Options
    Agreed, he's come on an absolute bundle this year for City.

And just to think, Daniel Levy didn't think he was worth £20m so pulled the plug on him... jeez
  • Options
    De Bruyne's radar is well off tonight.
  • Options
    Not sure how City are behind they’ve looked in control. Ref should have booked a few Madrid earlier, Carvajal is one little prick.
    Real players almost seem unbookable in the Champions League. The amount of times Casemiro got away with murder whilst he was there was astounding
  • Options
    PING....
  • Options
    Christ what a strike. Pure as fuck.
  • Options
    What the hell are they complaining about?!  You watch the ref melt now under the pressure.
  • Options
    Getting absolutely battered tonight, Real definitely seeing him as a threat.