Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Champions League

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2023
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Leuth said:
    huge let down yet again for the Italian teams. 3 finals, no winners. 
    Thought Inter were poor. tactics were abysmal. Lukakeys missing sitters didn't help. Man city hobbled over the line. disappointed. 
    Their tactics were abysmal?! How else do you play it against City? They could have easily taken it to extra time. They got it tactically right 
    all they had to do was put a player on the wing who could cross the ball. overload that wing with two other players then you create chances against a feeble man city team. they didn't do that. and when they bothered to attack it was after they conceded a goal. their tactics were abysmal. 

but yeah they got it right.... who won the game in the end?... 
    Pep has just asked admin to make this members only, as he is worried they will get relegated next season now that the template to beat them is online 
    just Croatia it. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Thought Inter were poor. tactics were abysmal. Lukakeys missing sitters didn't help. Man city hobbled over the line. disappointed. 
    Their tactics were abysmal?! How else do you play it against City? They could have easily taken it to extra time. They got it tactically right 
    all they had to do was put a player on the wing who could cross the ball. overload that wing with two other players then you create chances against a feeble man city team. they didn't do that. and when they bothered to attack it was after they conceded a goal. their tactics were abysmal. 

“feeble”? That’s a bit much.
  • Options
    Maybe you could stop for half a second to consider why City looked so largely toothless? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Maybe you could stop for half a second to consider why City looked so largely toothless? 
    Because they, the all-conquering, scoring for fun Man City who just completed a monumental treble, are feeble, remember?
  • Options
    Leuth said:

feeble? I’n what way were they feeble?
  • Options
    Screw you guys
  • Options
    Man City may have some small weaknesses, but I wouldn't want to argue against them being the best team on the planet. Inter can be proud of themselves.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I honestly can't see passed City thrashing them.  Going to have a shot every time a commentator or pundit calls Inter by the wrong name, so I'll probably be passed out by kickoff. 
    Lautaro seems to be in form but I agree, City should win, although my wife's characterisation as a 'travesty' should Inter win is a bit strong.

Out of curiosity, what would you call them? Inter Milan is fine I think (Wikipedia: Internationale Milano).
    It's not fine it's like calling Sporting Sporting Lisbon or Athletic Club Athelico Bilbao it's not their name.

Calling them Internationale, or Inter, from Millan is fine.  

Call them Arsenal from London not Arsenal London.
    I thought I’d learnt something last night about the English speakers bastardising of their name as pointed out with the examples of Arsenal London and Everton Liverpool. I am left wondering what the M behind the I on their badge stands for if you can’t call them Inter Milan?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I honestly can't see passed City thrashing them.  Going to have a shot every time a commentator or pundit calls Inter by the wrong name, so I'll probably be passed out by kickoff. 
    Lautaro seems to be in form but I agree, City should win, although my wife's characterisation as a 'travesty' should Inter win is a bit strong.

Out of curiosity, what would you call them? Inter Milan is fine I think (Wikipedia: Internationale Milano).
    It's not fine it's like calling Sporting Sporting Lisbon or Athletic Club Athelico Bilbao it's not their name.

I thought I’d learnt something last night about the English speakers bastardising of their name as pointed out with the examples of Arsenal London and Everton Liverpool. I am left wondering what the M behind the I on their badge stands for if you can’t call them Inter Milan?
    The M stands for Milano but the only place they are ever called Inter Milan is in the English media.

If you watched the BT feed last night the commentator never once referred to them as Inter Milan, always Inter or Internazionale, yet every pundit bar Super Mario called them Inter Milan at one point or another.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

The M stands for Milano but the only place they are ever called Inter Milan is in the English media.

If you watched the BT feed last night the commentator never once referred to them as Inter Milan, always Inter or Internazionale, yet every pundit bar Super Mario called them Inter Milan at one point or another.

I don’t think there’s any rhyme or reason to it. We call Sporting Club de Portugal “Sporting Lisbon”. We call Bayern Munchen “Bayern Munich”, but we don’t call Roma “Rome”. 

I’m not sure it really matters that much.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This is from Marca's Spanish website so it can't just be us.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

This is from Marca's Spanish website so it can't just be us.

I didn’t realise the competition was called “Champions League” in other languages 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Crystal from Croydon.
    Sounds like a right slapper!
  • Options
    I thought it was the brand name ? 
  • Options
    Stefco said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Crystal from Croydon.
    Sounds like a right slapper!
    Fanny like an empty headlock.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    AC Milan are called Milan in Italy so I suppose it is similar to some calling Nottingham Forest, Notts Forest. Incorrect but no offense is intended. They can't both be called Milan and Inter Milan does acknowledge where they are from which might be more useful outside of Italy. I don't think it is disrespectful.
  • Options
    Everton had a Champions League clause inserted when they sold Stones to City, so that's finally delivered some money!