Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours of Unpaid Rent

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    shirty5 said:
    Dave2l said:
    A question.

Does Thomas sandgaurd seek attention? Is he genuinely an attention seeker who cannot help himself? Or is that an unjustified insult.

Or, are there some right weird random pot stirring knobheads out there? Who have no life whatsoever?

Or, an unfortunate combination of two separate problems?

I don't know why sandgaurd would want to add fuel to an unnecessary drama or start some rumours.

He should get off Twitter. His fan communication has been appreciated, but it's probably now time to jump off it and minimise unnecessary conflict.
    It’s him on LinkedIn talking to individuals via a private message board. He fuels the fire by doing so 
    I think he has good intentions and the principle of more communication is a good one. Problem is that between trolls and idiots on social media and blunders like Understandgate (and the whole Garner saga really) it becomes very clear why owners are NOT normally so open - it doesn't always end well.

It is a shame in a way.

He may wanted to have been a rare breed type of football club owner. Someone who was outgoing, directly open to fans and  more sociable.

Whatever is said, he does at least have some life about him and he wants to bring some optimism.

Problem is....not many people are trusted that much these days! There are always complaints and question marks. For understandable reasons. 

It sounds like he is learning while on this job. He is learning as he is going along.

This could all end up going in a variety of different directions, and the long term resulting outcome of it is unpredictable.

I can only imagine a clear problem if he had a stubbornness alongside a natural argumentative nature. I can't see that being a clear characteristic of his. I think and hope he does listen to other people and he has the club's best interests at heart.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    PWADDICK said:

Currently listening to the most ridiculous conversation on twitter
    Give us your summary then Jono
  • Options
    I noticed Sean Clare dropped in for a bit 
  • Options
    They’ve got a nice little echo chamber going on them lot. Clueless. At least we all don’t just agree with each other on here 😂
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    Fumbluff said:
    PWADDICK said:

Give us your summary then Jono
    Basic summary was that there is a large disconnect between fans, which I find hilariously ironic coming from Dodger
    Listened for about 20 seconds and turned it off, embarrassing comments from a few people trying to think they’re relevant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    robroy said:
    I listened and there was actually some good points made. They do mean well. 

It’s getting trendy just to slate them now. 
    What were the good points?

I read a tweet that some were banging on about the divide in the fan base but wouldn’t allow anyone to challenge their views!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Oh yes we do
    This.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    robroy said:

I read a tweet that some were banging on about the divide in the fan base but wouldn’t allow anyone to challenge their views!
    Pointless having the discussion, everyone is hell bent on slating them regardless. 

• Options
    edited June 2022
    PWADDICK said:

Cat.
    Listener.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Scoham said:
    robroy said:

Pointless having the discussion, everyone is hell bent on slating them regardless. 

Everyone? I’m sure there will have been good points that most agree with, it’s not as if everyone is 100% pro TS on here.
  • Options
    I don't think he has such an agenda. The question is more around his competence to deliver what is required. When the evidence falls down firmly on the side that he has then everybody will get behind it i'm sure. Despite owning us for a while, we still need to see the evidence that proves it conclusively.

Personally and recently, I am not happy we have lost two Charlton greats. I don't think JJ had a chance to prove himself. Garner may well show that the right choice was made, but he is just as unproven and a gamble in my view. The difference is if we have a tough start, he will start to lose the fans more quickly than JJ or Euell would. I hope he hits the ground running. I really do.
  • Options
    I am not on Twitter or Facebook and the like. The shorthand and those websites make no sense to me.
    However I get the impression from the Sandgaard critics that there are several ‘better’ people and groups waiting to pour money into the club, but Sandgaard is stopping them.
    Would it help the credibility of the critics to identify all those with money who are waiting?
    As for Sandgaard getting some things wrong, of course he has, but is that supposed to mean that now all bets are off?
  • Options
    I doubt there is a queue of people looking to buy a club that is seperated from its assets. Especially when the owner of the assets is delusional as to their value.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All I’m seeing on repeat is a group on Twitter quite literally hate this forum and vice versa.

It’s utterly childish and pathetic.

I’m so grateful social media wasn’t around when we were at Sellout. We would never got back imho.

This forum is not all sweetness and light mind you. However it is the Charlton fans site that is the most multifarious and has an internal richness for that reason.
    The owner and moderators have their work cut out trying to be consistent and even handed.
    I would certainly know that, being banned on the House of Commoners seemingly for all time, and having been banned on the main platform for a while.
    The owner and moderators are not obliged to explain their decisions, nor are they obliged to be consistent.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    I am not on Twitter or Facebook and the like. The shorthand and those websites make no sense to me.
    However I get the impression from the Sandgaard critics that there are several ‘better’ people and groups waiting to pour money into the club, but Sandgaard is stopping them.
    Would it help the credibility of the critics to identify all those with money who are waiting?
    As for Sandgaard getting some things wrong, of course he has, but is that supposed to mean that now all bets are off?
    Yes, I saw that a credible consortium was looking at us but that doesn't fit with the narrative that TS is skint or he is trying to sell because I am sure he would snap their hands off if he could offload at reasonable price.
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Scoham said:
    robroy said:

Slating the owners or the moaners ? 
  • Options
    Zzzzz 
  • Options
    There’s a group that are a living, breathing contradiction when it comes to Charlton.
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:

Self-appointed important people. 

Fans trying to make themselves an authority for no reason is sad. 
    I wonder what the cross-section is between the people who used to abuse Airman for apparently wanting the spotlight when he was working - with stated and shared evidence - to expose Roland, and the people who now complain about every move Sandgaard makes and call him a charlatan after ESI left their lives.
    Noticed that myself, some were very anti protest and CARD. They warned others of what might go wrong if they push RD too far. For whatever reason they see TS as a far bigger threat to the club’s future than RD.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    All I’m seeing on repeat is a group on Twitter quite literally hate this forum and vice versa.

It’s utterly childish and pathetic.

I’m so grateful social media wasn’t around when we were at Sellout. We would never got back imho.

This forum is not all sweetness and light mind you. However it is the Charlton fans site that is the most multifarious and has an internal richness for that reason.
    The owner and moderators have their work cut out trying to be consistent and even handed.
    I would certainly know that, being banned on the House of Commoners seemingly for all time, and having been banned on the main platform for a while.
    The owner and moderators are not obliged to explain their decisions, nor are they obliged to be consistent.

and they can take your flags away without any explanation, Outrageous !!!!