Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Bailey said:
    but surely with redundancy it means that the job itself is going. It's not like you are sacking staff  & they are being replaced. If its redundancy then the role its is going. Caveat - I'm not a lawyer or employment guru. 
    Having gone through corporate restructures any role / deisrtments can be redefined as necessary to get around this. 
    Yes they normally reinvent the role and get one person to do the role that was previously the job of two. Feel sorry for people in this position but a football clubs staff at this level would always be looking over their shoulder. 
    Bailey said:
    but surely with redundancy it means that the job itself is going. It's not like you are sacking staff  & they are being replaced. If its redundancy then the role its is going. Caveat - I'm not a lawyer or employment guru. 
    Having gone through corporate restructures any role / deisrtments can be redefined as necessary to get around this. 
    Yes they normally reinvent the role and get one person to do the role that was previously the job of two. Feel sorry for people in this position but a football clubs staff at this level would always be looking over their shoulder. 
    Happened to me in 2019
    Also happened to me many years ago and never received two people's wages
    Maybe you're doing my job  :o They reinvented my job & I was out of work. In the same meeting with HR when they told me that redundancy was a possibility they also gave me a certificate marking 10 years service.  :s

Actually you piece of shit I'm not as it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened. What a disgusting imbecile you are. 
  • Options
    My favourite line from HR in these situations? 

Remember it’s not you that is being made redundant it’s the position / job !

well that’s ok then 😡
  • Options
    My favourite line from HR in these situations? 

Remember it’s not you that is being made redundant it’s the position / job !

well that’s ok then 😡
    Reminds me of the George Clooney film "Up in the Air" where he is a consultant that is brought in to sack people. Lots of similar  great one-liners in that film.