Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Pre-Season Friendlies | Preview & Match Threads (Welling p59, Swansea p67 )

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    1-2... Chin left for dead and a simple pass into the box

Edit - Sorry it was Kanu so understandable
  • Options
    Kanu sold an absolute pup in the build up there 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    ohhh cheeky little goal from swansea there, Kanu and Chin ghosted through.
  • Options
    Poor Kanu having to cover LB, completely out of position for him.
  • Options
    1-2, against the run of play must be said, we could have been in front 2 minutes earlier, COYR good game so far keep it up lads
  • Options
    It’ll be a massive shame if we lost here. Played very well for the most part.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Leaburn showing promise but not ready for League One. Stockley does not fit the system and Aneke a crock.
    Looking good up front.
    Why do you say that about leaburn out of interest? Usually with young players it’s a physicality thing, I don’t think that’s an issue, looks like he can be an option, not first choice admittedly. 
  • Options
    Fraser has been deeply unimpressive
  • Options
    That's how you score goals with this system. To the byline & cut back for someone rushing on the score. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Still five minutes to play but it's been a good run out. Garner clearly has them playing to the system. This is a good squad, particularly in midfield. I'm looking forward to this season. We still need a left footed defender, another striker, and ideally a wide attacker. But this is a squad with quality and depth, and if they play to their potential and buy into the system, we should be there or thereabouts. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great defending from Clare... To lose by 3 goals would be harsh
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Stockley is not a scapegoat at all. He just can't play football on the floor. His first touch is awful. Great in the air from balls in the box and can hold it up sometimes but doesn't suit tika taka football.

Na he is though isn't he? 

Is it the best of his game? No

Can he do it? Course he can and has showed he can. 

It's just easier to give him grief.
  • Options
    If this high press game is to succeed then the goal scoring needs to improve. The Bolton home game last season was played with that high press and missed chances eventually saw us beaten 4-1, the Bolton manager's after match comments gave the impression that they knew Charlton would run out of steam and ideas, Adkins didn't last too long after that game. 
  • Options
    Stockinho/Donkley with a brave diving header, towards our own half.
  • Options
    Keep hearing the commentary team saying "Stockley on a run"..slight contradiction of terms... ;)
  • Options
    Eeesh these officials are warming us up for the shite we'll have to deal with in the League now
  • Options
    Also, we've seen that we have some youngsters with some quality. I don't know that any are ready to be regulars yet, with Leaburn and Henry looking the closest. But there's a lot to be optimistic about going into the season. 
  • Options
    FT 1-2, good game against Champ oppo, with some kids as backup, well done one and all good game and run out..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was still a good game
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Plenty of positives. Had a lot of kids out second half. 
    Front three needs strengthening and we’ll have a go at the play offs I reckon. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Plenty of optimism for me after that.

Can’t understand fans who are quiet throughout the first half but as soon as we concede a goal, turns out the sky is falling.
  • Options
    Only watched second half. Thought some of the attacking football was very good. Giving the ball away in dangerous areas was the main concern.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Feel as though there are two or three positions up for grabs at max for next Saturday...

(1) - Who joins Morgan and Fraser in Midfield
    (2) - Who plays on the opposite wing to Blackett-Taylor
    (3) - I suspect it'll be Stockley, but might yet be Aneke
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Its been a good month of friendlies... Certainly got my £7 worth

Plenty of positives for Garner to take into the Accrington game next week

Lots to work on and improve though, not the finished article by a long way yet, which makes me think we'll ultimately fall short in our quest for the top six this season - Think we'll see a lot better than what we got last season though.

Agree in principle FA, but the window is still open and feel we must have plans to add some quality up front...hopefully..
  • Options
    Meanwhile... Our opponents next week come from 1-0 down to lead 2-1 against Sunderland it should be a cracker of a game next week up in Accrington.
  • Options
    jakecafc said:
    Stockley is not a scapegoat at all. He just can't play football on the floor. His first touch is awful. Great in the air from balls in the box and can hold it up sometimes but doesn't suit tika taka football.

Na he is though isn't he? 

Is it the best of his game? No

Can he do it? Course he can and has showed he can. 

It's just easier to give him grief.
    I don't think you understand the word scapegoat 
  • Options
    Feel as though there are two or three positions up for grabs at max for next Saturday...

(1) - Who joins Morgan and Fraser in Midfield
    (2) - Who plays on the opposite wing to Blackett-Taylor
    (3) - I suspect it'll be Stockley, but might yet be Aneke
    Has Fraser done enough pre season / ever?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!