Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Pre-Season Friendlies | Preview & Match Threads (Welling p59, Swansea p67 )

1777879808183»

Comments

• Options
    What I don't understand about scapegoats is that they are sent into the wilderness, when most goats seem to like the wilderness. So being a scapegoat isn't too bad. It's far better than being a donkey.
    Yeah, but on Charlton Life, the scapegoats are the donkeys. :smile:

• Options
    So lets look at how many goals we probably need to score. Now, of course the goals we concede is important but you can say that to get in the play offs you generally have to score above 70. How are we going to get to that figure? Look at our squad and guess a reasonable amount of goals from them, for me we are well short and as billynoots says, Stockley can get 20 plus if we play to his strengths but it will likely be a lot less if we don't give him the service his game needs. 70 looks like a high mountain to climb to me.

If three midfielders get 10 each, which would be fantastic, we would need 40 plus from elsewhere! 
    That isn't going to happen is it. Stockley isn't going to get the service that he needs, we have wingers that rarely score & our midfielders (new & old)aren't exactly full of goals. We've lost Washington & Davison, Aneke is a crock that some idiot handed a 3 & a half year contract to & somehow somebody thinks we are set up for a promotion bid. We need an out & out striker that fits into this system plus 2 Washington type forwards who can play across the front line like this McKirdy guy at Swindon. It seems he can play wide he can play central he can support the main striker & he can score goals. If he isn't considered good enough for3rd Division then surely our legendary black box can find a couple of similar players who are good enough. I know we still have a month until the window slams shut but aren't we having the same conversations that we had a year ago? Look how that turned out.
    That is my doubt and I think we would have been better off looking at evolution rather than revolution given our budget but as I have said before, a lot rests on Garner.  It is incredibly difficult to get from players what they haven't previously produced but maybe he is special and the team can be successful. It is a massive maybe though.
  • Options
    There’s so many opinions based on this season’s friendlies. I’ll assume that BG main concern is on how he wants the team to play and using these friendlies to try out different tactics and general match fitness. Some might work and some might not but this Saturday will provide a better ideal of where we are heading. I’m optimistic.

Stockley played out of his skin last season until his injury forced him off. And he was missed not only for he’s leadership and goals but he was also very effective in his defensive duties especially from corners. 
  • Options
    Bet you Aneke won’t be available for 4 - 6 weeks. 
    *cough cough*

It’s sad how easy it was to predict. 
  • Options
    Were going to get Premier League opposition for a home friendly this summer.......

Millwall!
  • Options
    sounds positive
  • Options
    proper preparation by the sounds of it
  • Options
    Impressed 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Were going to get Premier League opposition for a home friendly this summer.......

Millwall!
    Fulham is my guess, or Wolves.

Won't be anyone exciting. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we start a new thread on this please ta 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!