Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twitter thread - problem?

Don’t know if it’s just me - anyone else finding opening the Twitter thread is crashing the site for them? Tried it a few times now and can’t get past it starting to open, then it just doesn’t get anywhere. Can’t even back out of it - have to close the window completely.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Don’t know if it’s just me - anyone else finding opening the Twitter thread is crashing the site for them? Tried it a few times now and can’t get past it starting to open, then it just doesn’t get anywhere. Can’t even back out of it - have to close the window completely.
    Any ideas?
    Same 
  • Options
    Same for me too
  • Options
    I had a problem yesterday from my iPad but on my laptop today works fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Kind of a relief to find it’s not just me I suppose! 😂
    I don’t want to open it again to see who it was, but it looked like the last few posts were from the same person - maybe they’ve posted something that’s a bit too big?

By the way, I’m only accessing the site on an iPad, so maybe @Justin20474 may have highlighted the problem?
  • Options
    Same here on both iPad and iPhone. 
  • Options
    Same here on both iPad and iPhone. 
    I've checked and can access it on the laptop but not the iphone.
  • Options
    No problem on my laptop.
  • Options
    @lordromford can you remember what page it was?
  • Options
    Yup, ipad and iPhone both cause crashes but it’s fine on the laptop.
    Tried a couple of browsers, same issue.
    not only does it not load anything but causes any other CL tabs to freeze too.

was fine yesterday 
  • Options
    Fine on laptop, not working on iPhone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same on iPhone this morning. 

Not tried since. 
  • Options
    If it helps, the first time it happened was late yesterday. I think there were 2 unread posts, the second one was from Scoham. It was fine until then. No IOS updates, so nothing changed here. Other threads with loads of pictures and embedded tweets are all OK. 
  • Options
    Any ideas?
    Don’t worry, there’s nothing happening on Twitter today 👍
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Kind of a relief to find it’s not just me I suppose! 😂
    I don’t want to open it again to see who it was, but it looked like the last few posts were from the same person - maybe they’ve posted something that’s a bit too big?

By the way, I’m only accessing the site on an iPad, so maybe @Justin20474 may have highlighted the problem?
    Excellent, I’m gonna tell my wife I done something good today, not sure she will be remotely interested though 🙄
  • Options
    OK, guys, I've deleted a couple of posts from yesterday temporarily to see if they're the root of the problem. Can you retry on ipad/iphone to see if that helps? If not, I'll repeat with the ones from this morning until it stops happening, and then add them back a couple at a time.
  • Options
    Still won’t load for me. And it also froze this tab which I had left open. Had to close the app and restart.
  • Options
    OK, have done some more deletions, any better?
  • Options
    Nope, I went on and saw the closure of the thread then froze 
  • Options
    OK, how about now?
  • Options
    The odd thing is that is displays the bottom of the thread, so aliwibbles message, plus the bottom half of the post above, including most of the pizza picture, and then just blank above that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Mate works for Apple and he said Twitter not paid the rent, so people on very low wages getting sacked off, but Apple are investing in a new orchard and got a new CEO on board. 

We're all gojng down there, no ifs no buts, to occupy until they comply. Will upload videos on Twitter Only thread, oh.......
  • Options
    The odd thing is that is displays the bottom of the thread, so aliwibbles message, plus the bottom half of the post above, including most of the pizza picture, and then just blank above that. 
    Can you try doing a forced refresh of the page?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @lordromford can you remember what page it was?
    Sorry @aliwibble - I wasn’t on here last night. 
    I don’t remember the page, but there were three posts in a row by the same poster. Really sorry, can’t remember who it was, but it was yesterday and the day before when I tried to open the page, so I expect there weren’t many posts afterwards. Apologies, not much help. 😳
  • Options
    i think i killed it with my one and only post...
  • Options
    And is it OK now, or still broken?
  • Options
    Just tried again. It doesn’t load properly, just a few usernames (no tweets) and half the pizza picture before the page crashed. It didn’t freeze my other CL tabs this time though.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    And is it OK now, or still broken?
    Still not right.
    😞
  • Options
    Whole site is fecking up my phone now, had to download another browser just to read all this shite
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Can you try doing a forced refresh of the page?
    I’ve tried shutting down Safari, emptying the cache, and restarting my phone. Nothing different. 

I did try loading it in Chrome and got a slightly different result. I can now see the whole Scoham post with the pizza picture. The post above from glovepup looks empty. The post above that I can see a couple of line, but from there up, it’s just white space.