Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twitter thread - problem?

Comments

• Options
    They opened OK. I did click on the last page, and it opened at the top, but just a couple of posts displayed, and the rest was just white space again. The only difference was that they were posts at the top of the page 
  • Options
    They opened OK. I did click on the last page, and it opened at the top, but just a couple of posts displayed, and the rest was just white space again. The only difference was that they were posts at the top of the page 
    Same.
  • Options
    Now - better, worse or about the same?
  • Options
    Same - I can see you’ve deleted the last few posts, but that hasn’t changed what’s happening. The last couple are there, then nothing. The other two links you posted still work and navigating from them to the last page just means you see the first few posts then nothing. 

Don’t keep going over this on my behalf - I don’t mind checking, but whatever it is seems very specific to iOS and that thread. Everything else works fine. 
  • Options
    @Callumcafc I've deleted your post, cos this thread is for troubleshooting the problem with the original twitter thread, and I don't want to risk introducing whatever was causing the problem there on this one. I'm having a final cleardown so that page is completely gone, and then I'm going to re-open the thread and you can repost it there if the new page is working OK.
  • Options
    All seems good to me now.
  • Options
    Yay!!!!!

Of course, the real test is going to be what happens when people start posting links to twitter on it again, but it's a start at any rate.
  • Options
    Thanks @aliwibble
    Great job sorting it out. Was a bit weird how it happened though eh?

I guess this thread can be closed now? 👍🏼
  • Options
    It was a bit frustrating, because I was working my way through the obvious causes and nothing seemed to work
    1. Something dodgy about the most recent tweets, so deleting them will sort it? Nope
    2. The embedded video is autoplaying, and having multiple quoted versions is causing memory problems, so removing that will work? Nope
    3. The sponsored ad is causing the issue, so removing enough messages so it's not being triggered? Nope
    and as I don't have an Apple device, it meant I kept having to bug you guys to test it for me, which is why I resorted to just deleting enough messages so a new page would generate. I won't close the thread, just in case the problem rears its ugly head again.
  • Options
    Thank you @aliwibble
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might just be me @aliwibble but it’s broken again. 

3 posts from Glovepup this morning. When I open the thread I just see 3 blank sections. Plus the previous posts that were working yesterday are now gone too. 
    Page then freezes or crashes completely. 
  • Options
    They're working for me.
  • Options
    Are we somewhat thread bare this morning. I can't see the Sandgaard one any more!
  • Options
    Might just be me @aliwibble but it’s broken again. 

3 posts from Glovepup this morning. When I open the thread I just see 3 blank sections. Plus the previous posts that were working yesterday are now gone too. 
    Page then freezes or crashes completely. 
    Do you know what, I think it might’ve been three posts from @Glovepup that I noticed when it first went wrong. Can’t be 100% sure, but I think so. Apologies Glovepup if it wasn’t. And even if it was, I’m sure it wasn’t anything malicious!
  • Options
    Ross said:
    They're working for me.
    Update: working for me on Microsoft Edge but not on Safari on iOS 15.5 on my iPhone.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    maybe we are overloading it and it's reached a post limit of some sort? Maybe start fresh? or it's a mobile issue, loads fine on the laptop I am using. 
  • Options
    Not working on iPad for me
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Are we somewhat thread bare this morning. I can't see the Sandgaard one any more!
    It went missing in action yesterday afternoon 
  • Options
    Yeah it’s deffo back broken again, it’s the glovepup stuff I reckon….
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    Probably because it was hijacked by someone with tourettes 🙄
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    Surprised the transfer thread has not been closed in that case then 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    swordfish said:
    Surprised the transfer thread has not been closed in that case then 
    Probably quite a few that could be.
    Don’t ya just love the closed season 😩😩😩😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    If someone's posting behaviour is causing issues, please DM the mods so we can take a look, as the sheer volume of posts mean we don't always see things until after they've kicked off. (The Sandgaard thread is currently sitting in limbo while we sort out the issues from the weekend).
    Given that the problem's recurred, I've closed the existing thread and started a new one here: https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/94336/twitter-post-2-no-comments-just-post-your-favourite-tweets/p1
    @LoOkOuT as this appears to be a Safari specific issue, is there anything that Vanilla are aware of that might be causing this?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    If someone's posting behaviour is causing issues, please DM the mods so we can take a look, as the sheer volume of posts mean we don't always see things until after they've kicked off. (The Sandgaard thread is currently sitting in limbo while we sort out the issues from the weekend).
    Given that the problem's recurred, I've closed the existing thread and started a new one here: https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/94336/twitter-post-2-no-comments-just-post-your-favourite-tweets/p1
    @LoOkOuT as this appears to be a Safari specific issue, is there anything that Vanilla are aware of that might be causing this?
    I did try & dm you but it wouldn’t let me for some reason hence why I resorted to just @ you all in a comment.
    Sorry x
  • Options
    @KBslittlesis no it's OK, that was fine. It's just that DMing us means we get email notifications, so we'll see it more quickly if we don't happen to be on the site at the time. My point was more about people mentioning in passing that the mods should do something on a certain thread or saying "Admin, can you XYZ?" when we may not stumble across it until several days later.
    Bit weird that you couldn't DM though. Were you trying to use the message option from our profiles, or creating a new message from your inbox? If the latter, you did remember not to include the @ sign when typing the usernames in the Recipients box, as I've been caught out by that when I've been in a hurry before. Or were you getting an error message when you hit Post Message?
  • Options
    Why are people pointing fingers at me? After all they are just twitter links, like all previous posts..... jeez. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    @KBslittlesis no it's OK, that was fine. It's just that DMing us means we get email notifications, so we'll see it more quickly if we don't happen to be on the site at the time. My point was more about people mentioning in passing that the mods should do something on a certain thread or saying "Admin, can you XYZ?" when we may not stumble across it until several days later.
    Bit weird that you couldn't DM though. Were you trying to use the message option from our profiles, or creating a new message from your inbox? If the latter, you did remember not to include the @ sign when typing the usernames in the Recipients box, as I've been caught out by that when I've been in a hurry before. Or were you getting an error message when you hit Post Message?
    It was a new message & it wasn’t recognising any of your names.
    In fact it wasn’t recognising any 🤷‍♀️
    No error message just kept saying ‘no entries’.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Why are people pointing fingers at me? After all they are just twitter links, like all previous posts..... jeez. 
    I don’t think they’re blaming you Pups, fear not.
  • Options
    Glovepup said:
    Nothing personal, which I think I made clear in my post earlier.
    It was maybe a coincidence that both times the thread went down, you posted three links just beforehand. You can’t really blame people for raising the question.