Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Twitter thread - problem?

13»

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    @KBslittlesis no it's OK, that was fine. It's just that DMing us means we get email notifications, so we'll see it more quickly if we don't happen to be on the site at the time. My point was more about people mentioning in passing that the mods should do something on a certain thread or saying "Admin, can you XYZ?" when we may not stumble across it until several days later.
    Bit weird that you couldn't DM though. Were you trying to use the message option from our profiles, or creating a new message from your inbox? If the latter, you did remember not to include the @ sign when typing the usernames in the Recipients box, as I've been caught out by that when I've been in a hurry before. Or were you getting an error message when you hit Post Message?
    It was a new message & it wasn’t recognising any of your names.
    In fact it wasn’t recognising any 🤷‍♀️
    No error message just kept saying ‘no entries’.
    Yep, that's what happens when you type @aliwibble in the box rather than just aliwibble.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    @KBslittlesis no it's OK, that was fine. It's just that DMing us means we get email notifications, so we'll see it more quickly if we don't happen to be on the site at the time. My point was more about people mentioning in passing that the mods should do something on a certain thread or saying "Admin, can you XYZ?" when we may not stumble across it until several days later.
    Bit weird that you couldn't DM though. Were you trying to use the message option from our profiles, or creating a new message from your inbox? If the latter, you did remember not to include the @ sign when typing the usernames in the Recipients box, as I've been caught out by that when I've been in a hurry before. Or were you getting an error message when you hit Post Message?
    It was a new message & it wasn’t recognising any of your names.
    In fact it wasn’t recognising any 🤷‍♀️
    No error message just kept saying ‘no entries’.
    Yep, that's what happens when you type @aliwibble in the box rather than just aliwibble.
    I did it both ways just in case, it still didn’t work 😞
  • Options
    OK, that is weird. Still doing it now?
  • Options
    I’ll check.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Having a similar problem but with the “football strategy” thread. Page will try to load a few times and then time out. Not sure if one of the tweets or images is crashing the page?

I managed to get one post on there but it was only a full stop. Trying to add anything that takes longer is not possible.
  • Options
    I'm not certain, but I think that post embedding a huge number of tweets then being quoted by a few other people may have had something to do with it. I've stuck them behind a spoiler space and it's loading fine for my test user now.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    aliwibble said:
    I'm not certain, but I think that post embedding a huge number of tweets then being quoted by a few other people may have had something to do with it. I've stuck them behind a spoiler space and it's loading fine for my test user now.
    Thank you @aliwibble - makes sense that it’s the number of tweets linked in that post that would do it, rather than any single tweet or image on it’s own. My fault. In future I’ll just post the first tweet, not the whole thread.
  • Options
    So it's working OK for you now?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    It’s a bit better but still crashing, just taking longer to do so. Before it was immediate. Could do with the fact I’m accessing the site from my phone? I haven’t tried it on a PC.