Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fantasy Premier League

Comments

• Currently got 5 at the back:

Trent, James, zinchenko, tripper, van dijk 
  • I’ve managed to fit in Haaland, Kane, Salah and Havertz. 

All 4 of my subs are shite tho.
    Havertz has been a shoe in for me, although the Arsenal performance has made me doubt him, same with Sterling who could be a gem in between the premium and the medium players too so have to watch out for him, gone Son for now 
    Interested to know why you think Havertz is a shoe in? Pretty underwhelming in his first 2 seasons, and i don't think has scored in pre-season.

Apart from Reece James i'd say the next best bet would be Mount as everything they do seems to go through him and Tuchel loves him. I originally had Chilwell but taken him out for now as he doesn't seem to be over his injury yet and hasn't played much in pre-season.
    I just mean he stood out for the value, he will be the main striker for Chelsea, who i expected to do well this season. I have my doubts now though and tempting to move him out, but also don't want to do it and he starts well lol

So indecisive this season , i look at my team and think its decent and other times i am like what is this shit?!! 
    lol i actually took Havertz out this afternoon.... hurry up Friday already, i am sure i still have another 100 changes to go :D
  • edited August 2022
    ChiAddick said:
    I've gone big at the back, I think premium defenders still represent good value. I have Trent, Robertson, Cancelo and James (Dalot the other). 

Main question i'm asking myself is whether Saka is worth 8m as opposed to Martenelli who is 6m? 
    Saka is the 1st or 2nd name on the team sheet whereas Martenelli will be rotated IMO. Over the season I think Saka will score more points.
    Agreed Saka will get more points, but per million Martenelli maybe better value? Gonna stick with Saka anyway 
  • Over 73% of teams have Gabriel Jesus in their lineup. 
    That’s gotta be one of the highest ever player selections.
  • ChiAddick said:
    I've gone big at the back, I think premium defenders still represent good value. I have Trent, Robertson, Cancelo and James (Dalot the other). 

Main question i'm asking myself is whether Saka is worth 8m as opposed to Martenelli who is 6m? 
    Saka is the 1st or 2nd name on the team sheet whereas Martenelli will be rotated IMO. Over the season I think Saka will score more points.
    Agreed Saka will get more points, but per million Martenelli maybe better value? Gonna stick with Saka anyway 
    Based on the Jan-May, Kulusevski outscored and outassisted both of them.

Anyway, Sonny and Perisic for me.  Perisic 12 goals and 11 assists last season.  Conte loves him, will be starting ahead of Sess on the left.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    ChiAddick said:

Anyway, Sonny and Perisic for me.  Perisic 12 goals and 11 assists last season.  Conte loves him, will be starting ahead of Sess on the left.
    What would it take for you to have one, two or three Arsenal players in your side in the same way you might have Kane, Perisic and Son for example? I only ask this because I know of numerous FF players who will refuse to have any of their rival team's players in their side and someone like Jesus could, at 8.0m, be better ultimate value than Kane at 11.5m
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    ChiAddick said:

What would it take for you to have one, two or three Arsenal players in your side in the same way you might have Kane, Perisic and Son for example? I only ask this because I know of numerous FF players who will refuse to have any of their rival team's players in their side and someone like Jesus could, at 8.0m, be better ultimate value than Kane at 11.5m
    I've currently got two in my side...and an ex-Gooner on the bench.
    First time I've not started a season with Kane tbh.  
    Anyhow, wouldn't pay much attention to what I do as I'm generally proper shit at FPL.  Its all a bit of fun.

• Apologies for posting a giant picture.
    I'm 2 weeks into using a Macbook Pro after using Windows for the last 20 odd years.  I still need to get my head around the transition a little bit <facepalm>

• Draft #357
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    ChiAddick said:

I wanted Kulusevski but wasn't sure if he'll end up having to share minutes with Richarlison?

Can't see Conte subbing off Son or Kane that much, so figured Kulu would be the one to come off. What do you think?
  • Sponsored links:

• Lyle Taylor currently picked by 11.8% of Fantasy Managers. The ultimate benchwarmer
  • Lyle Taylor currently picked by 11.8% of Fantasy Managers. The ultimate benchwarmer
    Will he even get that far?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    ChiAddick said:

I wanted Kulusevski but wasn't sure if he'll end up having to share minutes with Richarlison?

Can't see Conte subbing off Son or Kane that much, so figured Kulu would be the one to come off. What do you think?
    Tbh, thats exactly my thought process and why I left him out but there's every chance he may switch to RWB if Richarlison comes on.
  • edited August 2022
    I had the same idea as this, anyone missing to replace AA and the 3 outfield subs?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    ChiAddick said:

Well I've never included any Palace players in my team, I couldn't cope with the whole concept of wanting Palace players to do well!

"Yes, Zaha has collapsed in the box and won a penalty, which he'll take. " 😯
  • shine166 said:

Draft #357
    Decent team that tbf. Was going to go for Zinchenko but weren't sure if he would be a starter every week.
  • shine166 said:

Draft #357
    Decent team that tbf. Was going to go for Zinchenko but weren't sure if he would be a starter every week.
    If he isn't playing LB, he'll be likely playing CM when someone is deemed unavailable for a long period (and I'm not talking injuries or AFCON.)
  • shine166 said:

Draft #357
    My theory is that if he hadn't been promised he'd be a regular by Arteta then he wouldn't have gone there because if you're only going to be a rotation player at Arsenal then you might as well have been a rotation player at City and won trophies.

Tierney is made of glass so he'll probably get a fair amount of games at LB, but if not i think we'll see him in midfield where he plays for Ukraine.
  • My opening squad, hoping for a few points this week.

Ramsdale (Ars)

Sanchez (Spurs)
    Regulion (Spurs)
    Konsa (AV)

Salah (Liv)
    Son - Cpt (Spurs)
    Foden (M City)
    Smith-Rowe (Ars)

Mitrovic (Ful)
    Jesus - V-Cpt (Ars)
    Darwin (Liv)

Subs-:
    Guaita (CP)
    Fornals (WH)
    Dunk (BHA)
    Toffolo (NF)
  • Sponsored links:

• My opening squad, hoping for a few points this week.

Ramsdale (Ars)

Sanchez (Spurs)
    Regulion (Spurs)
    Konsa (AV)

Salah (Liv)
    Son - Cpt (Spurs)
    Foden (M City)
    Smith-Rowe (Ars)

Mitrovic (Ful)
    Jesus - V-Cpt (Ars)
    Darwin (Liv)

Subs-:
    Guaita (CP)
    Fornals (WH)
    Dunk (BHA)
    Toffolo (NF)
    If it helps you, Sanchez will likely be on the bench at best as he's seen as the RCB back up to Romero and I doubt Reguillon will play another game for Spurs as Perisic, Sess and Docherty will cover the LWB slot for Spurs and there's talk of us brining in a 19yo from Italy too.  Reggie will likely go back to Spain.
  • And smith-Rowe is injured 
  • edited August 2022
    Help me out here guys. I've had my arse handed to me in the family FF league for two years running now so looking to be more competitive this year. Not helped by not unstanding the rules as I usually do the Telegraph one (my fault I know. )

Thinking I'm a little lacking in midfield goals? 
  • shine166 said:

Draft #357
    My theory is that if he hadn't been promised he'd be a regular by Arteta then he wouldn't have gone there because if you're only going to be a rotation player at Arsenal then you might as well have been a rotation player at City and won trophies.

Tierney is made of glass so he'll probably get a fair amount of games at LB, but if not i think we'll see him in midfield where he plays for Ukraine.
    Spot on, he will start LB until Tierney is fit then be moved into the middle so will be a bargain price and he plays that role for the country and his preferred role. 

RE: Rivals/ own players,  i have one mate spurs who will never put an Arsenal player in their team and another who doesn't put his team West Ham's players, i think it's always an error if you have that mindset. Last season i was stubborn and didn't put Ronaldo in early like everyone else and that backfired tremendously

Current team, although likely change again today before kick off..

Sa
    Zinchenko, Cancelo, TAA
    Bailey, Diaz, Son, Rashford
    Ings, Kane, Jesus

Will put Haaland in after the West Ham game then probably move on Ings shortly after dependent, another danger not going for Salah but will have to see how it plays out worst case early wildcard, alot of teams seem to have the same bulk of players (Cancelo/TAA/James, Jesus/Salah) so again its going to be tough to get a differential, at each price there is tough decisions so literally anything can happen. 
  • And smith-Rowe is injured 
    Also Foden hasn't really had the minutes, no doubt he will become more regular but a risk from the outset, i think Grealish starts the first 2/3 and then will force his way in somewhere. 
  • Help me out here guys. I've had my arse handed to me in the family FF league for two years running now so looking to be more competitive this year. Not helped by not unstanding the rules as I usually do the Telegraph one (my fault I know. )

Salah and Trent are both must haves, imo. 
  • Firmino starting over Darwin are the reports today
  • Changed my team about 4 times today. Can't decide between going 'big at the back' or 'all out attack'.

Have found a way to get Jesus, Haaland and Kane but obviously it means the balance of the team isn't great.
  • I can’t have shit subs, they’re cheap but are regular starters.  

Captaincy tough this week, Salah or Haaland. Or even transfer Haaland for Kane captain.

Must haves: TAA, Reece James, Salah, Jesus.
  • Help me out here guys. I've had my arse handed to me in the family FF league for two years running now so looking to be more competitive this year. Not helped by not unstanding the rules as I usually do the Telegraph one (my fault I know. )

I'd personally change Odegaard and Eriksen to Martinelli and Rashford (if you must have a United player). This then gives you an extra 0.5m so you can upgrade van Dijk to Robertson.

Robertson will score more than van Dijk in FPL because he's so attacking so will be more of a goal threat as well as getting a few assists.

In FPL it's better to pick full backs/wing backs who get forward much more than centre backs. 

The same thing applies to Dias. I'd swap him for someone like Reece James. You can also only have 3 players per club, so because you have Ederson, Cancelo and Dias, this means you'd have to waste transfers if you later want to get Haaland or a City midfielder if/when they hit form.

Hope that helps.