Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Does that mean everyone offered contracts signed them from the academy?
  • Options
    Has Carl shrunk or is Miles v.tall?
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Has Carl shrunk or is Miles v.tall?
    Miles is a big unit. He was very noticeable on the pitch on Saturday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good investment from TS.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Great to see the academy youngsters seeing their immediate future with us and signing their pro contracts, now let's see some progress onto eventual first team involvement, and not moved onto yet another prem clubs sub bench...
  • Options
    More of this please. Well done all involved, especially the lads who have put the graft in.
  • Options
    Miles is a couple of inches taller than Carl. Miles seems to be more mobile and good on the ball, If he is as good in the air as his dad, he could be some player.

not sure why Afinfenwa was invited to the photo shoot though 😂
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Great news and very much like what the club are doing at the moment. TS clearly sees the value in the academy and glad Adigun has been signed up. 
    Good news yes, but it's a bit of a stretch to praise TS for us signing up some talented youngsters, as it's what we've always done. Especially with 4 players only getting 1 year deals, which is the standard "not sure" type of contract
  • Options
    Jeez - when I met Carlo last year, he towered over me, albeit I am short - Miles is taller than his Dad 👀, and is probably still growing !!
  • Options
    Absolutely smashing, what a lovely start to the week and hope that we can keep them a while, thriving in our first team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Valley11 said:
    What a great story. 
    Miles taller than his dad too. 
    I wouldn't say he's miles taller...
    😂, what's the opposite of a promote
  • Options
    Miles looks to be 6’5” 
  • Options
    let's hope they all make the giant step to become EFL/Premier players
  • Options
    Good caring family.
     Miles is a real unit, so impressive on the ball v Dartford.
    Great to see the next generation.

Early days & I’d want to see him in action v div 1 or 2 teams, but I’m not ruling him out being our 4th striker - instead of Davison.
    Also he doesn’t take up a squad place.
  • Options
    Please allow for an ebb and flow of form for Miles for a while.

Great news regarding the signings.
    I know a lot can happen, and it may not work out for all of our young guys, but to me in terms of the sheer number of decent prospects we’re in a bit of a golden era.
  • Options
    Great news and yes that’s all we offered deals to signed up. Williams and Harvey were already pro so they were confirmed in another article. Here’s the original announcement:

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/view/6286075ee9cf5/academy-update-retained-and-released-players

It feels like it’s been a while since anyone broke through and become a regular starter. I won’t be surprised if one or two make an real impact this season.

Having a pathway may look like a lack of investment from TS but there’s no point spending millions on the academy every season (and more with cat 1) if the opportunity isn’t there.

We have a manager who is a proper coach, plays a style academy players will fit into and we’re in the third tier - in fact I’ll be disappointed if we don’t see some become genuine first team players.

Won’t guess who as I haven’t seen enough but it makes a real change to have a few really promising strikers.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Great news and very much like what the club are doing at the moment. TS clearly sees the value in the academy and glad Adigun has been signed up. 
    Good news yes, but it's a bit of a stretch to praise TS for us signing up some talented youngsters, as it's what we've always done. Especially with 4 players only getting 1 year deals, which is the standard "not sure" type of contract
    Too right. Please save the TS linkage for on-field issues like Nige's desire to keep our attacking 3 40 yards apart from each other at all times, or loss of form for good-on-paper players like  Elliott Lee, Charlie Kirk, Alex Gilbey and Akin Famewo, resulting in our league position, rather than anything about the long-term strategy of the club like signing 8 promising youngsters on pro contracts.