Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    Agree with most above, the deal with Lady SE7 is that I have either a ST or a Golf membership. I chose the golf membership. I’d always plan to go to a dozen or so home matches especially the night ones as they’re easy for me. But at those prices with everything else costing so much I can see me only going if someone has a spare now. 

Shame.
  • Options
    Don't worry about the ticket prices, after the Derby game it will be football-for-a-fiver for the rest of the season anyway.

• Options
    So at £29 a game for the Upper Covered End, anyone planning to go to 15 or more matches, on a game by game basis, might as well buy a season ticket (currently £425). That is, of course, not allowing for the possible/probable promotional games that may occur throughout the season.
  • Options
    So at £29 a game for the Upper Covered End, anyone planning to go to 15 or more matches, on a game by game basis, might as well buy a season ticket (currently £425). That is, of course, not allowing for the possible/probable promotional games that may occur throughout the season.
    This was basically my logic, if we start well it'll probably be impossible to get walkups where I like to sit too.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I don’t think those prices are that bad tbf.

But then I’m living in Ireland where everything is fecking expensive 😩🙄
    League of Ireland tickets are almost universally €15.
    I'll pay if you go to a Finn Harps game.  ;)
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    ChiAddick said:
    As much as any increase isn't well received, I'd take a guess that they are relative to other L1 sides and even a few L2 sides.
    The likes of your Derby’s, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday quite possibly do charge the same or even more. 

But they average over 20000 punters a game. We will be lucky to get over 11000 in the home areas per match. 

Being based in London, Charlton have a lot more competition for disposable income when it comes to entertainment than clubs in more provincial cities. That's ultimately the competition, you don't get that many floating supporters that want to watch league 1 football unless it's priced attractively.
  • Options
    Does anyone know whether you get a free carer ticket if you buy a wheelchair ticket?
    Yes wheelchair ticket normal includes free carer ticket
  • Options
    Any other tall people on here who can't sit in the lower Covered End due to lack of leg room? The prices are really restrictive on that front.
    (I will say that the last time I had a ticket there was 2009 but I was 16 so I've probably grown since then)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    My 8 season tickets at £1,005 seems a serious bargain now.

Maybe some of those on the fence with renewing will be tempted back, especially if they and an existing season ticket holder get 33% of next year's ticket by doing so.

Could argue also the club has listened to it's season ticket holders who got upset at the perceived lack of value of a season ticket last year with all the floating freebies.  Less of those and a bigger differential between game by game and season ticket can't come as a surprise
  • Options
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    West2003 said:
    Any other tall people on here who can't sit in the lower Covered End due to lack of leg room? The prices are really restrictive on that front.
    (I will say that the last time I had a ticket there was 2009 but I was 16 so I've probably grown since then)
    Buy one there.  Walk up to the upper north.  Most games you can spread over 6 seats anyway!
  • Options
    Wouldnt pay more than £20 in league one
  • Options
    As a comparison it's £25 for me and £5 for the kids at Watford (my local team these days) in the Championship next season
  • Options
    Didn't see these increases coming . Wow . Who the hell is advising our Tommy ?

• Options
    £32-£37 on the day is very expensive, a massive OG here.
    Covered Lower aside.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm guessing there's still the stupid £1.50 'booking fee' for ordering online as well?
  • Options
    My 8 season tickets at £1,005 seems a serious bargain now.

Maybe some of those on the fence with renewing will be tempted back, especially if they and an existing season ticket holder get 33% of next year's ticket by doing so.
    Does the opposite for me.
    Looks like now itll be on a freebie or the football for a fiver games.
    On the plus side I hope to do around 20 away games
  • Options
    SE9toDA2 said:
    Does anyone know whether you get a free carer ticket if you buy a wheelchair ticket?
    Yes wheelchair ticket normal includes free carer ticket
    Cheers. Hopeful that I’ll be able to make a game later in the season. 
  • Options
    Didn't see these increases coming . Wow . Who the hell is advising our Tommy ?

His wife.
  • Options
    Even buying in advance, £44.00 for me and my 12 year old grandson to watch from the NW Quadrant, nice try Tommy.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    Shocked to see Airman criticising something the club has done.
    He's not wrong though is he? A walk up price of over 30 quid in most areas of the ground pretty much goes against Sandgaard's fill the Valley mantra.
    Fill the Valley will be fulfilled by a load of comps & frees given out to local schools & colleges whilst the loyal fan pays top top whack. 

You've got to admire American ingenuity. 
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited July 2022
    What’s an acceptable % difference in price between a “match by match” cost and a season ticket, to prevent bed wetting from either “side”?