Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    How about also including home cup games within the season ticket price? It's not much of a financial gamble for the club. Think of the goodwill be that would create.
    That normally equates to a reserve game with the pathetic excuse our players need to prioritise league  games. 

Fair suggestion though. 

Drop the penalty price for sane day purchases. Today is a good example…weather pleasant not originally inclined to go but now fancy it but if it were a league game I have to pay more.  Just why is that necessary?
    The reason (not saying it's necessary) is because years ago, you arrived at the turnstile handed over your money and entered in a matter of seconds.

Now you turn up at the ticket office, possibly have a discussion about where you want to sit, then get allocated ticket(s), pay electronically (probably), this I would say takes minutes, not seconds.

Then you have to go to the turnstiles and often queue as someone can't get in etc etc...

The process possibly takes 10 mins in total, rather than 30 seconds and requires more staff.
    I think most fans don't generally turn up much earlier than they used to.

So buying in advance helps to reduce queues and staffing costs (imo).
    Yes, but that explanation is also out of date now, since the majority of sales are online. It’s also doesn’t explain why the higher rate has now been extended to the day before.

You can’t have cheaper prices on the day because that is a disincentive to buy early and has no real logic, but you can scrap the increase. It’s aggravating, probably reduces rather than increases revenue, and nobody would be adversely affected by getting rid of it. 

It’s just another example of the “other clubs do it” mentality which also led to the latest attempt at a membership scheme. The missing bit is why and how successfully, which is rarely asked.  

I don’t think at this point the £34 price can be cut to £23, because of the absurd £625 season ticket, but £23 is about fair for most seats. I can see £29/£32 producing some very low match sales in L1.
    Even that absurd season ticket price of £625 allows the one off matchday price to be as low as £28 - £34 is self defeating to an idiotic degree.
  • Options
    Unless the decision makers are even more incompetent/moronic than they appear, I'm at least half expecting them to reduce match day prices after the first Saturday game v Derby, when they've only sold 1,000 or so and realise they'll be selling a few hundred for following games.
  • Options
    Unless the decision makers are even more incompetent/moronic than they appear, I'm at least half expecting them to reduce match day prices after the first Saturday game v Derby, when they've only sold 1,000 or so and realise they'll be selling a few hundred for following games.
    Make you right.
  • Options
    Isn’t the next league game at home on a Saturday after Derby the same day as a planned train strike ?
  • Options
    Isn’t the next league game at home on a Saturday after Derby the same day as a planned train strike ?
    No Plymouth on Tuesday 16th
  • Options
    BBC SE News stating tonight that the next one is due on Sat 13th August when we're away at Sheff Weds. 
  • Options
    BBC SE News stating tonight that the next one is due on Sat 13th August when we're away at Sheff Weds. 
    Need to read @clive's post on the Sheff Weds advance rail tkts thread. 
  • Options
    Make you right.
    Lurking around Nunhead station in flip flops, Les Dennis wouldn’t be doing that now would he….
  • Options
    Heads up for anyone purchasing a match day ticket for tomorrow that the prices have increased now 

With this in mind, for the 2022/23 season, supporters purchasing match tickets at least a day before matchday will receive the early-buy discount. For example, the early-buy discount for a Saturday game ends at 12am on the Friday before the matchday. 

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/events/charlton%20athletic%20v%20derby%20county/2022-8-6_15.00/the%20valley?hallmap
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Heads up for anyone purchasing a match day ticket for tomorrow that the prices have increased now 

With this in mind, for the 2022/23 season, supporters purchasing match tickets at least a day before matchday will receive the early-buy discount. For example, the early-buy discount for a Saturday game ends at 12am on the Friday before the matchday. 

https://booking.cafc.co.uk/en-GB/events/charlton%20athletic%20v%20derby%20county/2022-8-6_15.00/the%20valley?hallmap
    Absolute dick-move, makes meires premium look less shit than it was
  • Options
    I see what they're trying to do, but it's not a west end show where you can scalp the last few tickets. It's football, prices could or should increase as fewer seats become available (if at all)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Is there a price increase for the Carabao cup match on Tuesday for those that don’t buy in advance or is it just league games? 
  • Options
    Going to be a poor attendance tomorrow we reckon?
  • Options
    I hope I bump into the owner tomorrow he’ll be told a few truths about team Recruitment and ticket price’s 
  • Options
    Is there a price increase for the Carabao cup match on Tuesday for those that don’t buy in advance or is it just league games? 
    Good question.
  • Options
     Doesn’t usually apply for cup games. I think £15 is already pushing it for this competition.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
     Doesn’t usually apply for cup games. I think £15 is already pushing it for this competition.
    Looking at the ticket sales for the QPR game. It looks as though people agree with you. 
  • Options
    Looking at the ticket sales for the QPR game. It looks as though people agree with you. 
    Could be a record low crowd?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Nobody much buys the League Cup early. No point. So we’ll only see on Tuesday. It’s not going to be a record low.

As the Norwich example showed in January, closing stands reduces the crowd and opening them increases it. As such closing areas  probably does not save money and I wouldn’t do it, except for the trophy. 

• Options
    37 quid.  They're having a laugh.
  • Options
    Agreed, but £26 in the lower north, still expensive, but if I wanted to cut down on costs that's where I would go.
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    Agreed, but £26 in the lower north, still expensive, but if I wanted to cut down on costs that's where I would go.
    I assume that’s where the upper tier people will be buying… if not sitting.
  • Options
    The club clearly isn't worried about helping its fans in the cost of living crisis and isn't bothered that its pricing policy may affect the numbers that may wish/can afford to attend, as it is predicting a bumper crowd tomorrow.
    We'll see. 
    If that isn't a prime example of lack of understanding of football & its supporters, nothing is. 

Not even on the same planet.
  • Options
    The club clearly isn't worried about helping its fans in the cost of living crisis and isn't bothered that its pricing policy may affect the numbers that may wish/can afford to attend, as it is predicting a bumper crowd tomorrow.
    We'll see. 
    If that isn't a prime example of lack of understanding of football & its supporters, nothing is. 

Not even on the same planet.
    Everyone can see it except those that set the prices.