Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    The club clearly isn't worried about helping its fans in the cost of living crisis and isn't bothered that its pricing policy may affect the numbers that may wish/can afford to attend, as it is predicting a bumper crowd tomorrow.
    We'll see. 
    No chance of a bumper crowd, when I looked at the seats sold this afternoon.
    I'm guessing 10-12K CAFC + 3K Derby.
  • Options
    The club clearly isn't worried about helping its fans in the cost of living crisis and isn't bothered that its pricing policy may affect the numbers that may wish/can afford to attend, as it is predicting a bumper crowd tomorrow.
    We'll see. 
    No chance of a bumper crowd, when I looked at the seats sold this afternoon.
    I'm guessing 10-12K CAFC + 3K Derby.
    I think that your estimate is about right. Far from bumper. Perhaps half-empty is the new bumper.
  • Options
    Tommy wants a bumper crowd in plus everybody to arrive early and be in their seats because........................he is being interviewed on the pitch at 14.30.

Its all about ‘look at me’ but in reality everyone will still be in the pub/bar/ toilets at14.30 and he will be talking to an empty stadium 
  • Options
    8k season tickets about 25% of whom could be on holiday plus 3.5k derby plus a walk up who may be pissed off at the ticket prices. I’d be amazed if there are more than 12k in the ground unless there have been blanket freebies issued again (and even then it won’t be more than 13-14k. Fill the valley my arse. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I was thinking about making a late decision to go to this one now, but £32/£37* for League One football is an absolute fucking pisstake. 

(* I don't do behind the goal, with the peasants!)
    Yep, exactly the same for me, it is a pisstake.

I usually don't decide (or know if I can go) til late. If prices were reasonable I'd be there tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Crazy to bump the prices by £3 at noon the day before the game. What on earth is the thinking or perceived justification for that ?

The last figure the club released for season tickets was 7,300 and, whilst there will have been some people who understandably want to hold onto their money until just before the first home game, I doubt that we’ve got more than 8,000 season ticket holders.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if we sell more than, say, 3,500 match tickets in the home areas, in which event, we’ll be lucky if there are 10,000 Charlton supporters in the ground, given that we’re bang in the middle of the holiday season.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Markg2004 said:
    Off_it said:
    I was thinking about making a late decision to go to this one now, but £32/£37* for League One football is an absolute fucking pisstake. 

(* I don't do behind the goal, with the peasants!)
    I was going to buy a ticket last night but as I work shifts I checked with work today if I was needed tomorrow and I'm not. Went to buy today and price risen. £3 isn't much but why penalise those buying a day before the game, still in advance. 

This is going to be a common feature for me this season, one reason why I haven't renewed my season ticket. With this price rise now in mind from 12am Fridays, I'm not even going to contemplate going to The Valley if I only find out I am off matchdays on that Friday. £3 each time does add up, and can't help the way work shifts are told to us for weekends.

Further to this, why penalise those buying online early or even on the day, what effect does that have on staff in the ticket office? Kind if understand match day walk ups, even if think its detrimental to wanting to 'Fill The Valley' but online ticketing price rise? And in advance?!
    Not sure how many other clubs are doing it, but Peterborough who I quite often turn up on the day are charging £23 until Wednesday before the game, and that is to stand up in the London Road end with piss poor facilities, and £25 on the day. Comparable to us. Where the difference is in there Main Stand where it is far cheaper than what we are offering.
  • Options
    If there are 8,000 season tickets it’s unlikely there will be more than 6,500 of them in attendance at any game, holiday period or not.

The question is whether the club will continue to announce actuals or revert to tickets issued.
  • Options
    If there are 8,000 season tickets it’s unlikely there will be more than 6,500 of them in attendance at any game, holiday period or not.

The question is whether the club will continue to announce actuals or revert to tickets issued.
    If there are no financial implications they will announce the figure that sounds the best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    End of last season they were announcing actual numbers in stadium , which was brilliant cos it was a lot less than the highly inflated numbers some fans think come and watch us and as you well know I’m very keen on facts when it comes to crowd numbers .
    Did those numbers include the thousands that appeared to be given away week in, week out
  • Options
    If they were actually in the ground yes if not no 
  • Options
    So accurate figures but still massively distorted by the freebies 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I’m not sure 1000’s probably nearer a few hundred of freebies turned up and as the season came to a conclusion and genuine bums on seats counted I don’t think the freebies were as crazily thrown about as earlier on in the season when it was beyond ridiculous basing hat on the fact the attendances were pretty pony like the football
  • Options
    I’m not sure 1000’s probably nearer a few hundred of freebies turned up and as the season came to a conclusion and genuine bums on seats counted I don’t think the freebies were as crazily thrown about as earlier on in the season when it was beyond ridiculous basing hat on the fact the attendances were pretty pony like the football
    It will be interesting to see the policy on freebies this year. I assume the better we are doing the less they will give away.
  • Options
    End of last season they were announcing actual numbers in stadium , which was brilliant cos it was a lot less than the highly inflated numbers some fans think come and watch us and as you well know I’m very keen on facts when it comes to crowd numbers .
    Did those numbers include the thousands that appeared to be given away week in, week out
    Tommy’s missus announced on social media last season that attendance figures released by the club would reflect the number of fans inside the stadium on the day.

So if you were a season ticket holder and did not attend the game you would not be counted. 

Be interesting to see if this continues this season 
  • Options
    Not knocking those who decided not to do a turn up on the day because of the £3 extra because I agree it is unnecessary, but it worked out £1 a point, very good VFM in my eyes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clarky said:
    Not knocking those who decided not to do a turn up on the day because of the £3 extra because I agree it is unnecessary, but it worked out £1 a point, very good VFM in my eyes!
    Not going to happen every week though Clarky and the club have got it wrong in my opinion. 

Forest Green on a Tuesday night? Don’t give them away but think outside the box on how to get people in 
  • Options
    What was the crowd today? I was one who made a late decision and paid extra
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Announced as 17,046 but probably closer to 13,000 in reality.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Clarky said:
    Not going to happen every week though Clarky and the club have got it wrong in my opinion. 

Forest Green on a Tuesday night? Don’t give them away but think outside the box on how to get people in 
    They have got it wrong, but Forest Green on a Tuesday night might be a game of the four where season ticket holders can use a complimentary ticket to bring a friend.
    If the team is doing well by Christmas the match day ticket policy may push a few into getting a half season ticket.
  • Options
    Announced as 17,046 but probably closer to 13,000 in reality.
    Ah so we have reverted back to the old ways of reporting attendances, so much for Tommy’s wife statement 
  • Options
    Clarky said:
    shirty5 said:
    Clarky said:

They have got it wrong, but Forest Green on a Tuesday night might be a game of the four where season ticket holders can use a complimentary ticket to bring a friend.
    If the team is doing well by Christmas the match day ticket policy may push a few into getting a half season ticket.
    Don’t think that would make much difference in midweek for a fixture like that. 
  • Options
    Itl be a massive piss take if all the freebies for ST holders are midweek games. Tbh it wouldn't surprise our logic, if it was me I'd want the non fans/perks to see as good a game as possible as as soon as possible
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Itl be a massive piss take if all the freebies for ST holders are midweek games. Tbh it wouldn't surprise our logic, if it was me I'd want the non fans/perks to see as good a game as possible as as soon as possible
    I don’t care about the freebies as a perk, but it won’t work in midweek if the aim is to bring in new fans.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    I don’t care about the freebies as a perk, but it won’t work in midweek if the aim is to bring in new fans.
    Indeed, but it would appear that those who "know" can state these facts time & time again, but it's TS's way, or no way it would appear. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Neither do I, just saying it makes more sense to give them out for the 'better' games and early on.. rather than padding out less desirable midweek games that actual ST holders might not be bothered with.

We'll see which route they take