Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    Uboat said:
    Aaaaargh! Just got done over by the price increase thing. So annoying, but I suppose you only fall for it once. 
    For balance, in case AndyG is reading, the ticket office were very helpful in sorting out my kids’ student tickets. 
    Helped me realise we have a game tomorrow. Do love a floodlit game especially with no work on the Wednesday morning.
    But not inclined to commit as paying £3 extra for it over 24 hours prior.

• Options
    Effectively £30.50 for Tuesday night with the booking fee. Genuinely ridiculous prices for a Tuesday night game when crowd won’t top 10k
    Plymouth will bring plenty, I imagine.
    They'll have 2000 comfortably.

• Options
    Effectively £30.50 for Tuesday night with the booking fee. Genuinely ridiculous prices for a Tuesday night game when crowd won’t top 10k

sold under 1k end of last week. What are the prices for the JS?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

£23
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Aaaaargh! Just got done over by the price increase thing. So annoying, but I suppose you only fall for it once. 
    For balance, in case AndyG is reading, the ticket office were very helpful in sorting out my kids’ student tickets. 
    Hahaha good to see you buying into the positivity mate
  • Options
    Croydon said:

£23
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just checking the prices  out of interest £37 for my central seat in the Curbs plus £1.50 booking fee. What a bargain  :#
  • Options
    Just checking the prices  out of interest £37 for my central seat in the Curbs plus £1.50 booking fee. What a bargain  :#
    Were there any still available?
    🤔
  • Options
    Bagged 2 x freebies for Cambridge game.
    Received E-ticket freebies for the Cambridge game today.
    Tickets labelled as ‘community 500’ so presume there’s up to 500 freebies floating about for just the 3rd home league game.
  • Options
    Tickets labelled as ‘community 500’ so presume there’s up to 500 freebies floating about for just the 3rd home league game.
    Would not that be the community trust tickets that they give out every home league game and have done so long before Sandgaard bought the club 
  • Options
    The freebies are starting to emerge again. I have two for Cambridge and the message is back up on the Greenwich Council Intranet advising staff that they can apply for tickets for the next 10 home games a week before each match.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Would not that be the community trust tickets that they give out every home league game and have done so long before Sandgaard bought the club 
    It may well be.
  • Options
    🤔
    A number of seats in that area are taken by ST holders like myself who like the view and sitting with football friends, though are still resentful at being exploited by the constant price rises...
  • Options
    🤔
    A number of seats in that area are taken by ST holders like myself who like the view and sitting with football friends, though are still resentful at being exploited by the constant price rises...
    Tommy has got to reduce the losses on his little vanity project somehow. Who better to target than the existing fans. Far easier than pricing tickets more reasonably and encouraging more people to attend.
  • Options
    Whatever the strategy is, it isn't working. (Pic pinched from twitter)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if ticket prices had an impact, but I was pretty shocked by the attendance in home areas last night.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    se9addick said:
    Not sure if ticket prices had an impact, but I was pretty shocked by the attendance in home areas last night.
    I reckon there were about 7,500 home fans present - the announced attendance would suggest there were circa 2,000 match sales.

We’ve struggled to get 10,000 paying home fans to midweek games in recent years, so it’s very low but not a massive outlier. However, it should be better in the school holidays (yes, I know more STs are away in August).

The key is the match sales didn’t compensate for the missing STs, which were probably a good third of their total number. 
  • Options
    The first thing to effect attendance is the poor quality of football last season. you then add insult to injury by charging a lot more for a poor product.
    Follow that with a huge jump in inflation particularly the cost of travel to a game and expect to see crowds grow.
    secondary factors are it is still the school hols so a percentage of people away on hols.
    Also yesterday the were problems all day with some of the train services which will have discouraged travel.

• Options
    se9addick said:
    The weather forecast a couple of days earlier probably didn't help, Olly's redundancy might have put off a few but the pricing is all wrong right now. A midweek game against less attractive opposition should be priced at around £20 for all stands with no surcharge for late booking or admission at the ground. 

Those that did go had a great evening (Charlton fans anyway) so some will be disappointed they didn't go but will that impact the crowd for our next midweek game at home to Forest Green Rovers?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    The weather forecast a couple of days earlier probably didn't help, Olly's redundancy might have put off a few but the pricing is all wrong right now. A midweek game against less attractive opposition should be priced at around £20 for all stands with no surcharge for late booking or admission at the ground. 

Those that did go had a great evening (Charlton fans anyway) so some will be disappointed they didn't go but will that impact the crowd for our next midweek game at home to Forest Green Rovers?
    Unless we're in the top 2 and smashing teams 3 or 4-0 every game between now and then i genuinely can't see too many people paying 30+ quid for Forest Green at home.

If TS has any sense, then he has to do some kind of deal for that one. 
  • Options
    That thing with the player  crossbar beer at half time really was a gimmick to up the crowd according to TS in his video promotion shown at half time. Yet these prices are a prima facie deterrent to attendance .. someone in the camp is not doing their job, or maybe in such fear of losing it right now they are going along with whatever comes down from above.
  • Options
    That thing with the player  crossbar beer at half time really was a gimmick to up the crowd according to TS in his video promotion shown at half time. Yet these prices are a prima facie deterrent to attendance .. someone in the camp is not doing their job, or maybe in such fear of losing it right now they are going along with whatever comes down from above.
    Surely not ! :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Our pricing is so illogical.
    Behind the goal at Shrewsbury Vs Ipswich this Saturday is £22 with no extras for late purchase.
    Sheff W next home game = £24 (Armed Forces £14 a great idea)

Even moving up to the Championship, our prices are mad in comparison

Hull City have responded to fan pressure and revised their prices;
    £20 behind the goals
    £24 Corners
    £28. Halfway
    https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/news/2022/july/202223-match-ticket-prices-confirmed/

West Brom = £25 flat rate, adults anywhere in the ground.
    https://www.wba.co.uk/news/match-ticket-prices-revealed-202223-season

Who at CAFC looks at our prices and thinks, "yup, seems fair and reasonable. But let's add a bit more on for last minute/day sales"

Moronic.

Should sell these in the club shop;

• Options
    Bit confused on prices. So with zone 1 as an example:

on-line over one day before £34 plus £1.50 booking fee
    on-line less than one day £37 plus £1.50
    in person as above without booking fee?