Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    You would think the lesson would have been learnt from last season , where the club paid for a consultancy with the freebie fiasco. The ticket pricing is all wrong if you want to increase attendances.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Consultant?
    Jeez.
    I'd be asking for my money back from them. With an extra charge for last minute payment.
    Deluded.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Interesting. Sounds like a non-CAFC person. But the key question is what was his brief? To maximise ticket sale revenue irrespective of anything else? Also be interested to know what he based his decisions on and who he/she consulted. 
  • Options
    Sounds like the fan adviser is doing herself down - it doesn't stand to reason that a consultant would know better if we don't know what his track record was in or what he suggested.
  • Options
    Sounds like the fan adviser is doing herself down - it doesn't stand to reason that a consultant would know better if we don't know what his track record was in or what he suggested.
    I think she was being slightly sarcastic...
  • Options
    You would think the lesson would have been learnt from last season , where the club paid for a consultancy with the freebie fiasco. The ticket pricing is all wrong if you want to increase attendances.
    I mean, I mentioned to the ticket office that they would probably make more money by either freezing or lowering prices... rather than putting them up. The response of 'that's your opinion' pretty much sums it up. 
  • Options
    What has happened to fella who previously worked at Manchester United? He was there last season. Is he still advising currently in SE7? 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    What has happened to fella who previously worked at Manchester United? He was there last season. Is he still advising currently in SE7? 
    This bloke?

Michael Knighton infamously juggled a ball on the Old Trafford turf before his first Man Utd takeover attempt fell flat on its face
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shine166 said:
    I mean, I mentioned to the ticket office that they would probably make more money by either freezing or lowering prices... rather than putting them up. The response of 'that's your opinion' pretty much sums it up. 
    If I worked in the ticket office that’s exactly what my response would be as well. Those individuals have no say in the matter. After recent events with staff now leaving the club it’s probably best to keep your head down and not say a word to the ones above 
    Yeah thats fair enough, I guess its the overall tone. All over you when they were spam calling to sell STs, but kinda talk to you like a twot when you ring up and ask anything. 

• Options
    What would the club rather have , 2,000 ticket sales at £30 or 5,000 paying £20. That's about what I would think the difference would be in crowd figure. Only my opinion of course.  ;)

• Options
    Our ticket pricing is mad particularly mid week games pay £37 each to sit in a sparse crowd or watch for a tenner at home with the family.

Thats without any additional transport costs.

Come on the sandman see some bloody sense, we are in a recession for christ sake’s.
  • Options
    What would the club rather have , 2,000 ticket sales at £30 or 5,000 paying £20. That's about what I would think the difference would be in crowd figure. Only my opinion of course.  ;)

It would be interesting to see if we took 7 points out of the next 3 games how many would turn up for the Exeter game at £30
  • Options
    Our ticket pricing is mad particularly mid week games pay £37 each to sit in a sparse crowd or watch for a tenner at home with the family.

Thats without any additional transport costs.

Come on the sandman see some bloody sense, we are in a recession for christ sake’s.
    " And some fell on barren ground".....

For " barren", substitute  " deaf ".
  • Options
    I've just had an email allowing me to take a friend to the Cambridge game for free. So we're going back to last year's strategy after all. 

The problem is that on Saturday I will have extreme difficulty getting to the game myself, as I'm sure others will. Perhaps that's part of the reason for choosing this game. 
  • Options
    Had the offer email as well. Stinks of desperation to me, surely at least give some notice! Wonder how long it will be until the number of free tickets starts to make people question the value of their season ticket,  I certainly was last year at points and it made me think twice about renewing.

Lower the prices (season tickets included - too late now), grow the fan base, grow the interest and then people might pay more to come back another year. Its not rocket science is it? Or am I missing something
  • Options
    This whole thread has been moaning about ticket prices, they’ve offered to bring a mate and people are still moaning. It was in the season ticket benefits that you could bring a friend 4 times. The thread should now be full of people asking can anyone get me a ticket please.
  • Options
    I've just had an email allowing me to take a friend to the Cambridge game for free. So we're going back to last year's strategy after all. 

The problem is that on Saturday I will have extreme difficulty getting to the game myself, as I'm sure others will. Perhaps that's part of the reason for choosing this game. 
    Is this to season ticket holders? I need to buy a ticket but haven't received an email as yet. I'll wait until later tonight before I buy one
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many more times but it must be obvious that a buy one get one half price for 2 consecutive matches is the right way to go. Or similar sort of discount. 

Bums on seats for 2 games to build atmosphere and income that might otherwise go elsewhere when the wavering fan thinks better of going at all and sacks off going to a second game in favour of something else. 
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    This whole thread has been moaning about ticket prices, they’ve offered to bring a mate and people are still moaning. It was in the season ticket benefits that you could bring a friend 4 times. The thread should now be full of people asking can anyone get me a ticket please.
    I don't want people getting freebies , I want people to put money in the club. Make the prices good value and the crowds will come.
    We’ll they are going to get freebies unfortunately for you. 4 times in the season as stated when you brought your season ticket.
  • Options
    The current ticket pricing is mental and seems to be very badly calculated. On the back of last season where the games were just dire to watch, add in the cost of living crisis the club are never going to increase sales with this pricing structure. When you compare other clubs pricing even in the championship we are Mike's away. Who on earth came up with them needs to give their head a shake
  • Options
    Problem is that giving tickets away won't remove the disincentive of the prices if the extra people are tempted to come back.
    Oh & although the club appears to have listened to feedback in some degree, the email states " ...the online process to redeem your additional ticket will include a DATE capture form for your guest".

So, all that's required is presumably 20th August 2022 .....

Does no-one proof read any more ? 
  • Options
    Problem is that giving tickets away won't remove the disincentive of the prices if the extra people are tempted to come back.
    Seems a very bizarre strategy to me. I can't think of any business that has either followed this strategy or would consider it. 
  • Options
    Alcafc1 said:
    I don't want people getting freebies , I want people to put money in the club. Make the prices good value and the crowds will come.
    This. To get gates up in football you really only need two things: a good offering on the pitch (which it looks like we currently have thanks to BG) and competitive pricing
  • Options
    No e mail for me.
    It's official guitar boy reads this thread 
  • Options
    I will ring the club tomorrow, but does anyone know if the club are/will be doing 5 game tickets?  I know it's something they used to do but not sure if they still do?

Last night was my first live game for a couple of years & after that performance, I've got the bug for it again!!

I can't commit to a season ticket due to work commitments, but if the club offered a 5 game ticket (or something similar), I would definitely do that
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    There was one benefit to the ticket pricing strategy in that it was much easier to get a pint at half time last night though the queues were about 6 deep instead of the usual 26 deep when I strolled over to join one so Tommy needs to try a bit harder on that front if the aim is to make the catering service more efficient