Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    There would have only been 14,999 spares for today if someone didn’t think watching Cambridge in division three should cost nearly forty quid. 
    Nob-end. 
    I’ll do something else instead
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Person head of the new ticketing strategy is a guy called David Johnson. He was brought in from the outside in relation to the "Fill The Valley" scheme.

The club email address for him is David.Johnson@cafc.co.uk
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The free ticket is a good idea, but poorly communicated. Taking my boy to the game today, but not my wife as £30.50 for her is not happening as she isn't interested enough to justify the price. So we have planned to do separate things this afternoon. I've just found out by chance, via this this thread, that I could have got her a free ticket. I've logged in to cafc and I see it's not too late to redeem the free ticket. But our plans have already been made. What could have been the family spending in Crossbars for 2+ hours is instead going to be me nipping in and out with my boy for the match only.
  • Options
    Person head of the new ticketing strategy is a guy called David Johnson. He was brought in from the outside in relation to the "Fill The Valley" scheme.

That’s the fella from Manchester United 
  • Options
    Same, with the train strikes, the cost of a taxi/paying somebody to drive for a L1 game at just under £40 is too much for me. 

Knowing that the turnstiles are automated and the seat/row/block will be empty is even more baffling.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The free ticket is a good idea, but poorly communicated. Taking my boy to the game today, but not my wife as £30.50 for her is not happening as she isn't interested enough to justify the price. So we have planned to do separate things this afternoon. I've just found out by chance, via this this thread, that I could have got her a free ticket. I've logged in to cafc and I see it's not too late to redeem the free ticket. But our plans have already been made. What could have been the family spending in Crossbars for 2+ hours is instead going to be me nipping in and out with my boy for the match only.
    She’s had a lucky escape! Sounds like she is the nominated driver and doesn’t much like the football either. 🙂

but joking aside another example of a poorly communicated initiative that won’t generate what the club want 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    There 6 London teams in the prem this season. 
    Tickets for Fulham vs Brentford in the family stand is £30 that's cheaper then three of our stands at The Valley for a league one tie against Cambridge. 

My point is we can't influence nutruals or new fans to come to watch a game when Premier league London clubs are offering cheaper tickets then us. 

There's so many reasons why this new structure will just not work and that's without the rip off for our own supporters. 

Don't get me wrong I love the football we have started to play this season but I can't justify spending over £30pp for one ticket during the inflation. 

Fulham are not the cheapest Premiership club to offer tickets either. 

• Options
    She’s had a lucky escape! Sounds like she is the nominated driver and doesn’t much like the football either. 🙂

but joking aside another example of a poorly communicated initiative that won’t generate what the club want 

She's still the nominated driver! Dropping me and the boy at the game while she goes and does other stuff.
  • Options
    Tickets for Fulham vs Brentford in the family stand is £30 that's cheaper then three of our stands at The Valley for a league one tie against Cambridge. 

My point is we can't influence nutruals or new fans to come to watch a game when Premier league London clubs are offering cheaper tickets then us. 

There's so many reasons why this new structure will just not work and that's without the rip off for our own supporters. 

Don't get me wrong I love the football we have started to play this season but I can't justify spending over £30pp for one ticket during the inflation. 

What’s the price in our family stand for a proper comparison?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What’s the price in our family stand for a proper comparison?
    23 pounds to 26 the day before kick off 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Fulham matchday prices, They do not like a bargain to me.
    FULHAM V BRENTFORD PRICES
    STANDBLOCK           ADULTCONCESSION/YOUNG ADULTJUNIOR
    HammersmithAll Blocks£50    £45£30
    PutneyP1, P2, P3, P4£55£50£40
    Johnny HaynesE, EL, F, FL£70£65£50
    Johnny HaynesFamily Area* £30£25£20
    Johnny HaynesRemaining Blocks£55£50£40
    Riverside Lower Tier£80£80£50
    £2 discount on above prices for Restricted view seats. Adult members receive a £5 discount on the above ticket prices for an Adult Ticket, £2 discount for a 65+/ 18-21 Ticket, applies to 1 ticket per member per game.
    https://www.fulhamfc.com/tickets-and-hospitality/match-tickets/brentford-ticket-info
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    In the family stand it's £26 for us on the day, £30 for Fulham so in comparison of the same stand type there's a £4 difference. However if you are member at Fulham you get £5 off one ticket. As explained above by Clive. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    It's still a fair comparison of pretty unfair pricing.

How did we go from 'Fill the Valley' to 'Price out the Valley'?
  • Options
    In the family stand it's £26 for us on the day, £30 for Fulham so in comparison of the same stand type there's a £4 difference. However if you are member at Fulham you get £5 off one ticket. As explained above by Clive. 
    But do you have to be accompanied by a child in that section & how much do they/us charge for that person?
  • Options
    clive said:
    But do you have to be accompanied by a child in that section & how much do they/us charge for that person?
    I believe most clubs stipulate that you need to be accompanied by a child (or adult and vice versa) to sit in the family stand.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

I wonder whether Johnson has a free reign on ticketing strategy or has to follow orders from above?
    My knowledge of the ticketing is limited to what I have read on CL, but the strategy does seem to be reactive to events and made up as we go along.
    I would assume that Johnson was appointed on the basis of what he had achieved elsewhere and would be able to devise a Plan A for ticketing that would survive the season without significant tweaks, possibly with Plan B and C contingencies to cope with further downward turns in the economy and punters tightening their belts.
    The mis-match between season ticket and walk up prices, changing T&Cs that downgrade the season ticket offer and lack of price competitiveness with nearby Premiership clubs, to list three issues, does not suggest to me as being the work of someone who is competent in their field of expertise. 
    So is Johnson another dud appointment or someone being prevented from doing their job as they see fit?

• Options
    edited August 2022
    My argument wasn't that Fulham offer cheaper tickets over their entire ground. After season tickets in comparison I imagen they have way less then 15k spare seats to sell. 

My point was you can watch a Premier League London Derby for around a simular price to our own family stand which is also cheaper value then three of our other stands (NU starts at £31 today)

We are competing with 6 London premiership clubs in terms of ticket sales this season . That's without the other London clubs in the Championship as well. 

Chalton has never been known as an expensive club to follow. It has always been affordable which is part of the reason we've kept decentish attendences over the years. Now we are being outpriced which is why the attendance looks so poor. 

It will be interesting to see how The Valley looks today with the extra free tickets on offer. 

• Options
    I expect that, following Tuesday’s very low turnout, the club are hoping that offering freebies to some season ticket holders will offset (at least to some extent) the significant impact of the train strike.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Home ends will be back up around the derby game I expect 
  • Options
    Let's say we sustain our performances and form, but the gates (visually too, not just the stats) are down from the Adkins,JJ era. That really is not a good look and worse still, gross mismanagement of your fan base.
  • Options

Think he was previously at Ruxley Garden Centre ....

...where he was in charge of the " How many daffodil bulbs can you cram into a paper bag for £2 " initiative.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Didn't he play for Ipswich?
  • Options
    We'll have around 7k for Forest Green, advertised gate 10,500
  • Options
    Home wise what we got for the Derby/ Plymouth/Cambridge games is going to be no different for the Forest Green match. 
  • Options
    Looked and felt quiet again today. Definitely less in the Covered End than there was for Derby 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Home wise what we got for the Derby/ Plymouth/Cambridge games is going to be no different for the Forest Green match. 
    We had about 11,000 home fans for Derby (actual). It was much lower for Plymouth - I reckon about 7,500, and a little bit better today, which you’d expect on a Saturday. FGR will likely be similar to Plymouth at best. 
  • Options
    Bit irked about the Gills price - all adds up, minimum price in the Pizza thing a tenner, no doubt enhanced security. Wonder who.....
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    We had about 11,000 home fans for Derby (actual). It was much lower for Plymouth - I reckon about 7,500, and a little bit better today, which you’d expect on a Saturday. FGR will likely be similar to Plymouth at best. 
    With that in mind these figures are as good as it gets when floundering outside the top six?
    Methinks Sandgaard needs to have a massive restructure after six home games if he needs bums on seats.