Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Dave Rudd said:
    I had one email with the freebie offer then another asking me to book a ticket. To the same email address within half an hour of each other.

Deduplication is the process you’re looking for, Charlton. 
    I’ve had 6 emails since 3pm yesterday to the same email address. Three inviting me to buy tickets for Saturday, two inviting to bring a friend for free, one trying to flog the TV lounge. 

Come on, you lot.  Get with the flow.

This is the Zynex strategy.  Persistent pressure from the salesforce. 

You'll buckle eventually. 
    No I think it’s more shit systems and processes and my email address being duplicated on lists 
  • Dave Rudd said:
    I had one email with the freebie offer then another asking me to book a ticket. To the same email address within half an hour of each other.

Deduplication is the process you’re looking for, Charlton. 
    I’ve had 6 emails since 3pm yesterday to the same email address. Three inviting me to buy tickets for Saturday, two inviting to bring a friend for free, one trying to flog the TV lounge. 

Come on, you lot.  Get with the flow.

This is the Zynex strategy.  Persistent pressure from the salesforce. 

You'll buckle eventually. 
    No I think it’s more shit systems and processes and my email address being duplicated on lists 
    That's what they want you to think.

The constant drip.  The desire to 'make it go away'.

They've got you.
  • Bad idea on the day of a train strike. How many “ guests”” are going to be bothered with that inconvenience?
  • Very poor if this is included in the ST benefits seeing as though it seems a lot of ST holders haven't been notified.

I haven't received anything. 
  • Belv said:
    Very poor if this is included in the ST benefits seeing as though it seems a lot of ST holders haven't been notified.

Presumably some get the offer & others will get offered a different game to spread out the freebies. I got the offer my adult son didn't. 
  • Stupid stupid idea to only give me a few days notice, don’t they realise most people have a life and need a few weeks notice.
  • I don’t understand the free guest ticket(s) for ST holders scheme. Do you only get to bring a guest for free when the club email you a couple of days before the match? 
  • Stupid stupid idea to only give me a few days notice, don’t they realise most people have a life and need a few weeks notice.
    Totally agree Hartleypete. The short notice for this is ridiculous and on a train strike day too! I have plenty of friends who would like to come to games with me, but as you say, they have lives and most people need more than a few days notice.

As others have said, season ticket holders should be able to choose the games for their four free tickets, not be dictated to. It's not like we don't have the spare capacity.
  • Just received yet another text and email about match day hospitality. If the club are going to continually bombard fans with this sort of marketing they are going to piss off lots of people. They have annoyed me already and we are not yet at the end of August. Just get the ticketing prices right! 
  • clb74 said:
    What would the club rather have , 2,000 ticket sales at £30 or 5,000 paying £20. That's about what I would think the difference would be in crowd figure. Only my opinion of course.  ;)

It would be interesting to see if we took 7 points out of the next 3 games how many would turn up for the Exeter game at £30
    The answer is still less than if it tickets were at a more reasonable price.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've sorted it another way but I wanted to get the "free" ticket for my second kid to join me and my first kid in the family stand for tomorrow.

From trying a couple of things, there is no way of being able to get an additional kid's ticket without an adult's one. And if you try to get an adult's one, you need to get a kid's one. 

Just seems a little bug, unless I'm being stupid which is very possible.
  • Belv said:
    Very poor if this is included in the ST benefits seeing as though it seems a lot of ST holders haven't been notified.

Presumably some get the offer & others will get offered a different game to spread out the freebies. I got the offer my adult son didn't. 
    I think everyone has got the offer haven't they? I never got the email or anything but if I just went into my account and "bought" a ticket it went to £0 automatically. Same with the rest of my group.
  • It was only when I went in to redeem the freebie (delighted to help out a fellow Lifer) that it was clear that this is part of my season ticket benefits. It’s a really good offer but could be managed in a more beneficial way all round as suggested elsewhere on here - let ST holders redeem them as and when it suits them, capping the total number available per match. 
    I assumed this was outside of the 4 in the benefits but just realised I’m probably wrong on that. 
    Why would they be giving random fans free tickets, before theyv given out the 4 freebies to ST holders ?
  • shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    F@ck me it's hard work supporting Charlton.
    So on Saturday we will be getting some fans getting free tickets and some paying £30+.
    Good job I'm mainly doing the away games this season.
    4 Free tickets was sold as a ST perk, bit weird to start moaning about it now. 
    It is not at all clear whether this ticket offer is part of that. Seems quite random who has received it. I am still trying to give away my freebie:

- a friend who used to go in PL and went on Tues is going to cricket on Sat
    - two different friends who have been once or twice before are on holiday
    - another is put off by the train strikes
    - another already going to a different match

So I’ve tried hard but so far no uptake. Three days before the match is very short notice. 

Inbox me if you’re interested. 
    Do you have a ST ? Id presume it is ST holders. It's another example of things being more complicated than need be, just put 4 poxy vouchers on everyone's account and let people pick. Put a cap of 1000 freebies for any one game and jobs a gooden.

I've got a ST and not heard the offer.
  • edited August 2022
  • se9addick said:
    The risk to any marketing is that its so relentless that the opt out becomes a good idea and the audience shrinks...
  • se9addick said:
    The risk to any marketing is that its so relentless that the opt out becomes a good idea and the audience shrinks...
    I have seriously considered opting out (at least of text messages), but the problem is that some of the messages are useful.
  • Belv said:
    WSS said:
    Belv said:

I think everyone has got the offer haven't they? I never got the email or anything but if I just went into my account and "bought" a ticket it went to £0 automatically. Same with the rest of my group.
    I'm sure that's true for all ST holders but how are they supposed to know about it if the club haven't let them know?

If you're a ST holder who hasn't received the e-mail and you don't use Twitter or look on CL, you'd have no idea. I only know because of looking on here this morning, it's now far too late so essentially my ST benefit is 3 free tickets over the season, not what was advertised and if this is how they plan to "communicate" the offer in future, people may potentially miss it on all 4 occasions.
    No joined up thinking AGAIN.
  • I got an email and do I am bringing ging a mate. This is one of the four bring a friend games. The club of course nominate the games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    F@ck me it's hard work supporting Charlton.
    So on Saturday we will be getting some fans getting free tickets and some paying £30+.
    Good job I'm mainly doing the away games this season.
    4 Free tickets was sold as a ST perk, bit weird to start moaning about it now. 
    It is not at all clear whether this ticket offer is part of that. Seems quite random who has received it. I am still trying to give away my freebie:

- a friend who used to go in PL and went on Tues is going to cricket on Sat
    - two different friends who have been once or twice before are on holiday
    - another is put off by the train strikes
    - another already going to a different match

So I’ve tried hard but so far no uptake. Three days before the match is very short notice. 

Inbox me if you’re interested. 
    Do you have a ST ? Id presume it is ST holders. It's another example of things being more complicated than need be, just put 4 poxy vouchers on everyone's account and let people pick. Put a cap of 1000 freebies for any one game and jobs a gooden.

I've got a ST and not heard the offer.
    Yeah im not saying every ST holder has been mailed, saying that its the ST offers being rolled out. Il probably be offered a tuesday night in feb lol
  • Doesn't sound to me that its  a malicious ploy by the club to mitigate the amount of free tickets just not fully thought through.

Not enough notice and coinciding with a rail strike. The club want it to be a success and recognise that if they persuade someone to return again and pay its a win-win.

Just needs someone internally to be alive to those practical issues. I don't know who is in charge of ticketing at the club and should be able to influence these decisions.

My  guess is that someone has thought Tuesday was so good we can rush it out for Saturday and benefit from a feel good factor - naïve / over optimistic / flawed /  stupid / disingenuous marketing of ST's  - you decide ! 

To me just not thought through sufficiently.
  • Maybe it is because they ate American and think every one drives to the sports ground with a barbecue in the trunk.
  • Have given serious thought to going to the Cambridge match tomorrow when I wasn't planning on it before. I like the West Lower at the moment, basically no-one else is there in the bit I generally choose and I get to claim about six seats for myself if I want. Just had a quick look, £37 to book it now for a bit of League One football. Piss off.
    'course you did.
  • Any spares for today?
  • There would have only been 14,999 spares for today if someone didn’t think watching Cambridge in division three should cost nearly forty quid. 
    Nob-end. 
    I’ll do something else instead
  • edited August 2022
    Person head of the new ticketing strategy is a guy called David Johnson. He was brought in from the outside in relation to the "Fill The Valley" scheme.

The club email address for him is David.Johnson@cafc.co.uk