Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    F@ck me it's hard work supporting Charlton.
    So on Saturday we will be getting some fans getting free tickets and some paying £30+.
    Good job I'm mainly doing the away games this season.
  • Options
    I will ring the club tomorrow, but does anyone know if the club are/will be doing 5 game tickets?  I know it's something they used to do but not sure if they still do?

Last night was my first live game for a couple of years & after that performance, I've got the bug for it again!!

I can't commit to a season ticket due to work commitments, but if the club offered a 5 game ticket (or something similar), I would definitely do that
    Yep, £300 if you buy one today, rising to £500 if you wait until Friday 
  • Options
    Here's your ticket strategy Thomas. I don't even charge any consulting fees for this:

First, scrap all booking fees and price increases...
    They're nonsense until a time that the Valley is regularly sold out (not happening in League One, unlikely even in the Championship).

Second, more realistic and simple pricing...
    East Stand & West Stand Lower: £25 adults, £10 U18s / £449 season ticket (£149 U18s)
    Rest of the stadium: £20 adults, £10 U18 / £349 season ticket (£149 U18s)

Thirdly, if you want to give perks/gimmicks...
    Every adult match ticket purchased entitles you to a £5 discount on an adult ticket for the next home match. So prices become £20 and £15 if you keep coming back. Come to every game and you effectively end up paying the cost of a season ticket. Miss a game and you pay regular prices for the next match you attend. Keep the U18 tickets at £10 regardless. If you want to push the boat out, every kid gets a free small snack or fizzy drink with their ticket.

My god, he’s cracked it. 
  • Options
    Our ticket pricing is mad particularly mid week games pay £37 each to sit in a sparse crowd or watch for a tenner at home with the family.

Thats without any additional transport costs.

Come on the sandman see some bloody sense, we are in a recession for christ sake’s.
    Plenty of people on here not even paying a tenner a game including myself if you have an IPTV app. Outside of this forum I would think the number is in the hundreds amongst Charlton fans so something needs to be done.
  • Options
    Those ticket prices remind me of that scheme that was dreamed up a few years back where a pass for crossbars could be bought and it gave us exclusive access, including half time, a free drink and a biscuit or something. The club held out to almost the end of the season until they realised letting just a few of us who bought the pass use crossbars exclusively nearly all season wasn’t necessarily the greatest idea. Different people no doubt behind the high ticket price idea so my guess is there won’t be any lessons learned to draw upon and they will tough it out to next spring before the prices come down to realistic levels. 
  • Options
    I will ring the club tomorrow, but does anyone know if the club are/will be doing 5 game tickets?  I know it's something they used to do but not sure if they still do?

Last night was my first live game for a couple of years & after that performance, I've got the bug for it again!!

I can't commit to a season ticket due to work commitments, but if the club offered a 5 game ticket (or something similar), I would definitely do that
    Jackson 5 deal happened once or twice about 5 years ago in a jan if I remember right.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    So on Saturday we will be getting some fans getting free tickets and some paying £30+.
    4 Free tickets was sold as a ST perk, bit weird to start moaning about it now. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    It is not at all clear whether this ticket offer is part of that. Seems quite random who has received it. I am still trying to give away my freebie:

- a friend who used to go in PL and went on Tues is going to cricket on Sat
    - two different friends who have been once or twice before are on holiday
    - another is put off by the train strikes
    - another already going to a different match

So I’ve tried hard but so far no uptake. Three days before the match is very short notice. 

Inbox me if you’re interested. 
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the game Tuesday, my first game in a couple of years, but as others have said the matchday prices for a league 1 team are disproportionate & off putting. 

I'd love to get to more games, especially after Tuesdays performance, but it needs to be more affordable, especially in the current financial climate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    It is not at all clear whether this ticket offer is part of that. Seems quite random who has received it. I am still trying to give away my freebie:

- a friend who used to go in PL and went on Tues is going to cricket on Sat
    - two different friends who have been once or twice before are on holiday
    - another is put off by the train strikes
    - another already going to a different match

So I’ve tried hard but so far no uptake. Three days before the match is very short notice. 

Inbox me if you’re interested. 
    Do you have a ST ? Id presume it is ST holders. It's another example of things being more complicated than need be, just put 4 poxy vouchers on everyone's account and let people pick. Put a cap of 1000 freebies for any one game and jobs a gooden.

• Options
    Here's your ticket strategy Thomas. I don't even charge any consulting fees for this:

They're nonsense until a time that the Valley is regularly sold out (not happening in League One, unlikely even in the Championship).

East Stand & West Stand Lower: £25 adults, £10 U18s / £449 season ticket (£149 U18s)

Every adult match ticket purchased entitles you to a £5 discount on an adult ticket for the next home match. So prices become £20 and £15 if you keep coming back. Come to every game and you effectively end up paying the cost of a season ticket. Miss a game and you pay regular prices for the next match you attend. Keep the U18 tickets at £10 regardless. If you want to push the boat out, every kid gets a free small snack or fizzy drink with their ticket.

Would see a 92% increase in my families season ticket holding price. No thanks.
  • Options
    If anyone has any freebies for Saturday, would be happy to buy a beer or give a donation to upbeats.  Work situation means I could not afford to commit to a season ticket to me and my son this year, but hope to get 1/2 season ticket. 
  • Options

Ever thought of becoming a consultant Cal ? Your better than the one we have it seems
  • Options
    There was one benefit to the ticket pricing strategy in that it was much easier to get a pint at half time last night though the queues were about 6 deep instead of the usual 26 deep when I strolled over to join one so Tommy needs to try a bit harder on that front if the aim is to make the catering service more efficient 
    Just imagine if the crossbar gets hit - you’d have to stay til midnight to get a free drink - TS ain’t stupid 😂
  • Options

Just threw it together in a couple of minutes so didn't expect it would please/help everyone. I'm aware it's a price increase for the NL/NE corner.

I assume you've got U11s that are going for £60/£30/free? In the hypothetical, there's wiggle room to keep something like that for the Family Stand instead of free snacks/drinks for kids.
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Ever thought of becoming a consultant Cal ? Your better than the one we have it seems
    Ha, well it's appreciated. Next question is, does the club have a system in place to check/track who's buying what tickets and how it applies the discount? The idea might be dead in the water. :-)
  • Options
    What do we think the official attendance will be given on Saturday then ? 
  • Options

Just threw it together in a couple of minutes so didn't expect it would please/help everyone. I'm aware it's a price increase for the NL/NE corner.

I assume you've got U11s that are going for £60/£30/free? In the hypothetical, there's wiggle room to keep something like that for the Family Stand instead of free snacks/drinks for kids.

Yeah, 4 free kids.  My point was more it is easy for fans to come up with something that looks good but you will never please everyone no matter how well thought out.  Not saying our existing price couldn't be improved on.

Should just make buy on door tickets c£25 and include a free pint or juice with it.  Would be relatively affordable; half people wouldn't bother with claiming the free drink anyway and those that had a beer may well then buy another. 

Of course by outsourcing the catering they can't really do that.  Could even bump the price to £30 in the last half our or so as it would encourage people to get there a touch earlier and therefore even more likely to spend money..
  • Options
    Do the club really need to e-mail me ever day to buy a ticket for the Cambridge game?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Do the club really need to e-mail me ever day to buy a ticket for the Cambridge game?

I get text messages 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

I get text messages 
    I get both. And having kids I get multiple of each sent to me.  It is proper spam.
  • Options
    I had one email with the freebie offer then another asking me to book a ticket. To the same email address within half an hour of each other.

Deduplication is the process you’re looking for, Charlton. 
  • Options
    Giving tickets away when a national rail strike is on seems a bit of a joke. Thought they might have noticed that.
  • Options
    It was only when I went in to redeem the freebie (delighted to help out a fellow Lifer) that it was clear that this is part of my season ticket benefits. It’s a really good offer but could be managed in a more beneficial way all round as suggested elsewhere on here - let ST holders redeem them as and when it suits them, capping the total number available per match. 
  • Options
    It was only when I went in to redeem the freebie (delighted to help out a fellow Lifer) that it was clear that this is part of my season ticket benefits. It’s a really good offer but could be managed in a more beneficial way all round as suggested elsewhere on here - let ST holders redeem them as and when it suits them, capping the total number available per match. 
    You could cap the total number available per match at 10,000 at the moment without a problem! 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I had one email with the freebie offer then another asking me to book a ticket. To the same email address within half an hour of each other.

Deduplication is the process you’re looking for, Charlton. 
    I’ve had 6 emails since 3pm yesterday to the same email address. Three inviting me to buy tickets for Saturday, two inviting to bring a friend for free, one trying to flog the TV lounge. 

• Options
    I assumed this was outside of the 4 in the benefits but just realised I’m probably wrong on that. 
  • Options
    I assumed this was outside of the 4 in the benefits but just realised I’m probably wrong on that. 
    I'm still wondering that too .