Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    Regarding the £3 surcharge, even the wording is poor. Why not advertise it as a £3 discount for buying early instead of a £3 punishment for buying late. Yes the base price goes up by £3 - from too high to even more too high - but at least there's a minor positive in there. I could be wrong, perhaps people respond better to stick than carrot.
    If you had a marketing degree you'd know the answer to that, maybe. 

(No, I don't have one either - and it's all bullshit!)
  • Options
    Football needs to get real. Wages at the top level keep going up, which then drags up the next level of players and so on, but its customers are feeling the pinch. 

Rocketing inflation across most of the world, and a real time drop in living standards are going to make football something people are priced out of, and that includes Sky subscriptions too.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    TS means well but I genuinely think he's just a bit of a div. I don't dislike the bloke but there is an air of total cluelessness to everything he does at Charlton.
    Exactly this. He just seems to be a bit out of his depth and needs to step back and and get some good people around him rather than family members. 
  • Options
    If he was talking of away fans then it was more than sold out.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    msomerton said:
    If he was talking of away fans then it was more than sold out.
    He was talking about home areas. The meeting went down very badly with staff.
  • Options
    I understand that staff were told at a big meeting after the fixtures came out that anyone who didn’t believe the Derby game would be a sell-out should leave the club now. 

TS doesn’t like being told uncomfortable truths, but the numbers tell their own story. In the end, he’ll have to listen to them.
    Did anyone ask Thomas if he still believes in father Christmas?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I understand that staff were told at a big meeting after the fixtures came out that anyone who didn’t believe the Derby game would be a sell-out should leave the club now. 

TS doesn’t like being told uncomfortable truths, but the numbers tell their own story. In the end, he’ll have to listen to them.
    Did anyone ask Thomas if he still believes in father Christmas?
    He was probably expecting him to buy tickets for Mrs Christmas, all the elves and half of SE7, but didn't realise that Xmas is in December. 
  • Options
    I see the club is offering a hospitality package for the nonsense against Gillingham next week.
    They don't have a clue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well worth the money
  • Options

I'm sure I used to work for TS's brother in the past  :D

This is exactly the type of thing he used to say. In the end it took a few of us directors to go to him and lay out some truths and get him to let us run the various areas he'd employed us to do so (no one at a remotely senior level could be employed without his sign off so he effectively employed us all) or we were out. To be fair things like the equivalent of the 'Derby will sell out' he saw was him pushing the sales guys..... all be it wrongly.

In the end I got on very well with him and we trusted each other, I'd win most battles I needed to, but you also had to accept you weren't going to win them all so picked the most important and also know when to admit defeat and move on. The key is gaining trust and time, then it's down to the individual to prove their point. 

Sadly, as the staff have been decimated and we have the likes of a Yes Man in senior positions, he's not got much to listen to and understandably some will be too afraid of their pay checks to raise their heads.

You'd hope he'll see sense before too long, but in my experience he may well not unless people take a stand or he runs out of people to blame (I'm sure he believes Derby SHOULD have been a sell out and it's down to sales/marketing etc as to why it didn't). The problem with running out of people is he'll just employ more ....... to blame.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Well worth the money
    Hilarious.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I see the club is offering a hospitality package for the nonsense against Gillingham next week.
    They don't have a clue.

"Flat screen tv"

See the source image
    To be fair, the other lounges are rocking these bad boys

• Options
    IF the package involves presenting our two new signings, including top striker to the crowd of 1200 at H/T I think i'll still pass.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    They don't have a clue.

I wonder who the former player, desperate enough to turn up for a Pizza Cup game will be?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    TS means well but I genuinely think he's just a bit of a div. I don't dislike the bloke but there is an air of total cluelessness to everything he does at Charlton.
    A bit of a div
    A bit of a div
    Thomas Sandgaard's a bit of a div

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Proves what I said on the last thread. He's completely clueless. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    They don't have a clue.

I wonder who the former player, desperate enough to turn up for a Pizza Cup game will be?
    Almost certainly Bob Bolder!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    They don't have a clue.

"Flat screen tv"

See the source image
    Surely the clincher is that there is a way into the building via a door. None of that jumping over a fence for hospitality guests…
  • Options

I mean , he slots in nicely with many Charlton fans who over exaggerate our support and numbers …beyond ridiculous 
  • Options
    It’s worse though. Even if he went with a version of @Airman Brown suggestion of a simplified price structure (which I completely agree with) the cost of living problems  more generally mean this will still be unsuccessful unless we go on a long streak if winning / not losing and looking like real promotion (not play off) contenders. 

People have lost the habit and even reduced pricing still sees football  as a very expensive hobby. 

That’s not all the fault of TS and he is now a victim like us all of a global cost of living crisis.

Let’s hope he can divorce the issues and realise the pricing must change even if the impact on attendance and revenue isn’t immediately positive.  
  • Options
    It’s worse though. Even if he went with a version of @Airman Brown suggestion of a simplified price structure (which I completely agree with) the cost of living problems  more generally mean this will still be unsuccessful unless we go on a long streak if winning / not losing and looking like real promotion (not play off) contenders. 

People have lost the habit and even reduced pricing still sees football  as a very expensive hobby. 

That’s not all the fault of TS and he is now a victim like us all of a global cost of living crisis.

Let’s hope he can divorce the issues and realise the pricing must change even if the impact on attendance and revenue isn’t immediately positive.  
    That depends on how you define “successful”. I don’t accept that you couldn’t get more revenue by reducing the prices; obviously you are not going to sell out the ground or suddenly treble match sales. But over and above people unable to afford the current prices, he is adding to the perception of poor value for money and that is also a factor in people staying away. 
  • Options

Wow, fortunately I do not work for the club, as I would have been fired on the spot for pissing myself laughing - nailed on! 

No reason at all not to believe this intel, thank you for sharing it. Pretty worrying as it illustrates a complete lack of grip on reality, despite a lot of positive intent. As you say, eventually the statistics will provide the information TS needs to re-think pricing, promotions etc, but suspect there will be more than one scapegoat within who suffers until the penny finally drops. 
  • Options

That depends on how you define “successful”. I don’t accept that you couldn’t get more revenue by reducing the prices; obviously you are not going to sell out the ground or suddenly treble match sales. But over and above people unable to afford the current prices, he is adding to the perception of poor value for money and that is also a factor in people staying away. 
    For now I’d define it as more bums on seats. 

Get more people back paying something and rebuild the habit.