Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I paid £22 at the gate to watch Bromley vs Eastleigh on Saturday, so even National League is eye watering.
    Did you buy a burger and fries at £12.50 too?
    A pint would have been good but queues too long as attendance was quite good. I wish they had those walking vendors that you get in some USA stadiums 😄
  • Options
    Has anybody got it to work and got the tenner reduction, if so how?
  • Options
    Agree it’s not enough to make a significant difference. Likely to be taken up by people already planning to attend but not many extras.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

• Options
    It says from NOW until December 31st 2022.
  • Options
    It says from NOW until December 31st 2022.
    Haha, read it again and still thought it looked like Nov! 
  • Options
    You’d struggle to get takers to watch 3 games if you paid them a tenner once all 3 were completed .
    It’s shit but we’re hooked for life with no way out .
    All the lucky ones can just carry on without feeling the need to watch the worst footballing period since Charlton entered the football league , complete shit times no matter how we want to jostle over passing it around as if half these buffoons can play football of any note .

• Options
    I've just spotted this:
    Tickets can be redeemed up until 12noon the day before any matchday and will be available at the club’s early-buy pricing.

Then a couple of lines further down
    Redeem up to 11am on the day of the match.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I've just spotted this:
    Tickets can be redeemed up until 12noon the day before any matchday and will be available at the club’s early-buy pricing.

Presumably it's as it says. If you purchase before 12 noon the day before matchday, you don't pay the fee.
    If you purchase after that time and up to 11am on the day of the match you do pay the fee.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    I've just spotted this:

Presumably it's as it says. If you purchase before 12 noon the day before matchday, you don't pay the fee.
    If you purchase after that time and up to 11am on the day of the match you do pay the fee.
    Got it, could have been clearer.
  • Options
    Pudds said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    MattF said:
    Tweet not visible for me. Presume it was about the 3 pack deal. Saving of £10 over 3 games before 31st Dec, based on early prices. So for covered end lower, 3 x 23 - 10= £59 outlay against 3 x 26 = £78 if buying on matchday. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/score-hat-trick-tickets-new-addicks-3-pack
    It's not a terrible idea for a promotion but it still doesn't get round the fact that prices are too high. Just using the zone 2 ones it works out at £26 a game which I believe is still more than last season. If my maths is correct a season ticket in the same zone averages out to £18, while of course ST should be getting discounted rates the disparity is far too large imo.
    And not a massive reduction anyway, especially as the £10 discount is the same whether you are in the cheapest Lower CE seats or the overpriced halfway line seats
    Yeah, in terms of percentage discount for each zone its 17% zone 3, 11% zone 2 and 10% zone 1. Surely would have made more sense to just say 20% saving and apply it to all 3.
    The difference between prices for season tickets and match day tickets in the top tier is vanishingly small and so any offer they make there has a huge impact on the logic of a season ticket, thus the club (as always) are hamstrung by their own pricing model.

In the cheapest seats you get 10.6 games free, 8.3 in the middle, but only 4.6 in the top tier (this ignores match-day fees which most fans would look to avoid if coming regularly).

at 20% off over 3 games, you are giving away .6 of a game, football for a £5 is essentially another game free, leaving you with 3 games free without any other offers all season in the top tier. You move into the territory of making a season ticket pointless if you miss more than a game or two a season other than securing your regular seat, which with current attendances is an irrelevant fear if you're organised. My season ticket is the only reason I attended all home games last season as I found it an utter slog. Without that commitment in the summer, the club would have lost revenue from myself on both tickets and any in stadium spend, so they need season tickets to be attractive.

If the club really wanted to have a pricing model that worked, it could look something like the below, which would give all season ticket holders 6 games free, put all concessions at roughly a 20% discount (currently varies between tiers on match days), and you can even give an U11 ticket free and U18 half price with a paying adult ticket in the family stand to encourage families to book there.

Adult Concession U18 U11
    Zone A  £   17.00  £      13.50  £   10.00  £     5.00
    Zone B  £   22.50  £      18.00  £   10.00  £     5.00
    Zone C  £   30.00  £      24.00  £   10.00  £     5.00
    Adult Concession U18 U11
    Zone A  £ 289.00  £    231.00  £ 125.00  £   60.00
    Zone B  £ 382.50  £    306.00  £ 125.00  £   60.00
    Zone C  £ 510.00  £    408.00  £ 125.00  £   60.00

Away tickets could be sold at any tier, providing the away club was willing to reciprocate pricing, or even a flat £20. This is nothing revolutionary, and is information I have shared with the club, but without any response as you would expect.

I also floated the idea that installing a multi-year award or recognition would make fans feel valued. Next season will be my 30th consecutive season ticket, many fans will be having an anniversary of note, and recognition of that would go a long way. Its not the only reason you renew of course, but it does make you feel valued, which is bloody important.
    Away tickets have to be priced at the same level as the lower Covered End, which logically have to be in the lowest tier of pricing.

The range of prices is daft and makes the structure unenforceable. In practice, it’s unlikely the premium price is worthwhile in the AC Stand and it certainly isn’t in the upper west. They are just not selling any significant number of seats there. 

If you want a premium price restrict it to the whole of the lower west and charge the people who want the hospitality access or to sit near the directors box/dugouts. 

I would suggest one adult price in the Covered End and NW Quad, one price in the AC and upper west and one in the lower west.

No Meire tax and reduce U18s to £10. It is madness to price out teenagers.

If people feel the pricing is value for money they are much less likely to worry about the relationship to season tickets.

The season ticket pricing and the relationship to matchday is absolutely critical to ensure value for money and pricing flexibility.

IMO, you have to start with your match day pricing, work out your incentives to get new and occasional fans through more regularly, then work up to a season ticket offer.

That's how new fans will engage with the club, almost no one goes straight in on a season ticket, most come to the odd game, then become regulars etc.

You can adjust the concessions for youngsters anyway you want, commercially its a negligible cost.

The current costs are both too high and too complex. Bin it, start again 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Pudds said:
    Pudds said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    MattF said:
    Tweet not visible for me. Presume it was about the 3 pack deal. Saving of £10 over 3 games before 31st Dec, based on early prices. So for covered end lower, 3 x 23 - 10= £59 outlay against 3 x 26 = £78 if buying on matchday. 

It's not a terrible idea for a promotion but it still doesn't get round the fact that prices are too high. Just using the zone 2 ones it works out at £26 a game which I believe is still more than last season. If my maths is correct a season ticket in the same zone averages out to £18, while of course ST should be getting discounted rates the disparity is far too large imo.
    And not a massive reduction anyway, especially as the £10 discount is the same whether you are in the cheapest Lower CE seats or the overpriced halfway line seats
    Yeah, in terms of percentage discount for each zone its 17% zone 3, 11% zone 2 and 10% zone 1. Surely would have made more sense to just say 20% saving and apply it to all 3.
    The difference between prices for season tickets and match day tickets in the top tier is vanishingly small and so any offer they make there has a huge impact on the logic of a season ticket, thus the club (as always) are hamstrung by their own pricing model.

In the cheapest seats you get 10.6 games free, 8.3 in the middle, but only 4.6 in the top tier (this ignores match-day fees which most fans would look to avoid if coming regularly).

at 20% off over 3 games, you are giving away .6 of a game, football for a £5 is essentially another game free, leaving you with 3 games free without any other offers all season in the top tier. You move into the territory of making a season ticket pointless if you miss more than a game or two a season other than securing your regular seat, which with current attendances is an irrelevant fear if you're organised. My season ticket is the only reason I attended all home games last season as I found it an utter slog. Without that commitment in the summer, the club would have lost revenue from myself on both tickets and any in stadium spend, so they need season tickets to be attractive.

If the club really wanted to have a pricing model that worked, it could look something like the below, which would give all season ticket holders 6 games free, put all concessions at roughly a 20% discount (currently varies between tiers on match days), and you can even give an U11 ticket free and U18 half price with a paying adult ticket in the family stand to encourage families to book there.

Adult Concession U18 U11
    Adult Concession U18 U11

Away tickets could be sold at any tier, providing the away club was willing to reciprocate pricing, or even a flat £20. This is nothing revolutionary, and is information I have shared with the club, but without any response as you would expect.

I also floated the idea that installing a multi-year award or recognition would make fans feel valued. Next season will be my 30th consecutive season ticket, many fans will be having an anniversary of note, and recognition of that would go a long way. Its not the only reason you renew of course, but it does make you feel valued, which is bloody important.
    Away tickets have to be priced at the same level as the lower Covered End, which logically have to be in the lowest tier of pricing.

The range of prices is daft and makes the structure unenforceable. In practice, it’s unlikely the premium price is worthwhile in the AC Stand and it certainly isn’t in the upper west. They are just not selling any significant number of seats there. 

If you want a premium price restrict it to the whole of the lower west and charge the people who want the hospitality access or to sit near the directors box/dugouts. 

I would suggest one adult price in the Covered End and NW Quad, one price in the AC and upper west and one in the lower west.

If people feel the pricing is value for money they are much less likely to worry about the relationship to season tickets.

The season ticket pricing and the relationship to matchday is absolutely critical to ensure value for money and pricing flexibility.

IMO, you have to start with your match day pricing, work out your incentives to get new and occasional fans through more regularly, then work up to a season ticket offer.

That's how new fans will engage with the club, almost no one goes straight in on a season ticket, most come to the odd game, then become regulars etc.

You can adjust the concessions for youngsters anyway you want, commercially its a negligible cost.

I agree with the principle but we have a very high percentage of ST holders to match purchasers considering the overall occupancy of the ground. That has been true for a long while; it’s not a function of current match pricing.

For that reason the season ticket offer is more important as a driver of home revenue than match tickets. The former bring in the most money. I’m not saying ignore the relationship but as the club doesn’t announce match prices until it has sold 95% of STs it’s not as if they are driving sales. I agree that recruitment of new fans is critical and that match pricing has to address that and isn’t.

I don’t agree with the lower tier season ticket pricing and I think it has encouraged people to downgrade, as well as pricing some people in who from the club’s perspective would likely be more lucrative as match by match purchasers.

We all agree that both the structure and the level of match prices currently is poor - and I would say the same of both the cheapest and dearest season tickets. It’s the work of people who have no clue about the fanbase and, apparently, little common sense.
  • Options
    Pudds said:
    Pudds said:
    colthe3rd said:
    colthe3rd said:
    MattF said:

Adult Concession U18 U11
    Adult Concession U18 U11

I agree with the principle but we have a very high percentage of ST holders to match purchasers considering the overall occupancy of the ground. That has been true for a long while; it’s not a function of current match pricing.

For that reason the season ticket offer is more important as a driver of home revenue than match tickets. The former bring in the most money. I’m not saying ignore the relationship but as the club doesn’t announce match prices until it has sold 95% of STs it’s not as if they are driving sales. I agree that recruitment of new fans is critical and that match pricing has to address that and isn’t.

I don’t agree with the lower tier season ticket pricing and I think it has encouraged people to downgrade, as well as pricing some people in who from the club’s perspective would likely be more lucrative as match by match purchasers.

We all agree that both the structure and the level of match prices currently is poor - and I would say the same of both the cheapest and dearest season tickets. It’s the work of people who have no clue about the fanbase and, apparently, little common sense.

Everyone agrees on here apart from the club themselves it seems!

I guess it would be very bold to change the pricing now / with the season underway but any criticism from ST Holders (even if valid) would be soon forgotten I guess.

I think the biggest issue is, given the financial climate generally, even a positive price change might not work as people make choices to stay away. They may only drift back if the team get on a good run etc. AND the pricing is more attractive.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    KYC - Know Your Customers.
  • Options
    How many ST did we sell.
  • Options
    horace said:
    How many ST did we sell.
    Around 8,000 but the club have not announced a figure. Maybe someone will ask that question at the Fans Forum meeting on the 15th September 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would have gone but not splashing out that amount
  • Options
    Would have gone but not splashing out that amount
    Same. Would've been up for going tonight, but I'm not spending £32 now to sit where I usually do. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Met 4 people in Bartrams this evening, all getting there at different times - before the game we saw one person buying a ticket during our 4 walk-bys. And that was a friend of our friend. 

• Options
    That must be one of the lowest (actual) attendances for a home league match for a long time? 
  • Options
    TS another clueless arsehole who seems part of a massive clan that wants to kill this club off once and for all 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    se9addick said:
    That must be one of the lowest (actual) attendances for a home league match for a long time? 
    Strange really only £29 for top notch entertainment, high quality time wasting, woeful attacking and a Refereeing performance to make your toes curl, why wasn't it packed out to the rafters- I hope they are going to show extended highlights on quest.

Im SO glad I didn't buy a Season Ticket this year, as I can't see me going to too many matches this winter, and I'm actually quite pleased I couldn't get the £tenner off 3 match deal to work as I think I would have wasted two tickets.