Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    More people, consistently is surely the only real  measure of success. I dread to think how things would be, if we never had the Premier league years spawning young fans.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    £30 ticket, £20 travel, £10 food/drink. You're looking at £60 a game for the average person attending on there own. 
  • Options
    League 1 football isn't an attractive way to spend 20 odd weekends every year...except for the die-hards who will buy a season ticket.

I can't get to every home game, maybe I'll do about 12 a year. Suddenly a season ticket is available for about the same price. Once I have the season ticket I might feel more obligated to show up...spend more in the ground etc. Then there are those who show up for two or three games a season and a £5-7 increase in ticket prices is unlikely to put them off. 

All of that may ring true to TS but this is how it affects my rationale. I'm in the fortunate position where the increase in prices on the gate from £25 to £32 will not be particularly noticed but even I feel like I'm being rinsed. Owing to that, if I'm 50/50 on attending, I won't be going this season. That price rise may be manageable for me but it crept over the edge of decency and now feels unpalatable. Put quite simply, even for a fan of the club for 30+ years, I will forgo watching the team that sits 5 mins from my house because of the new price structure and if the club is losing my support on matchdays, I'm pretty sure they're losing a lot more revenue besides.
    Absolutely.  Affordability is only part of the issue. I just paid £30.50 for a ticket to watch us play Forest Green on a Tuesday night. 

Whether you can afford it or not, that just feels wrong 
    Spot on
  • Options
    NHS staff are being offered £5 tickets for the Exeter match on September 10.

(haven't they had a hard enough time, etc)
    Good news for NHS and Greenwich Council employees 
  • Options
    …or you could see another ‘Charlton’ for £15 if you have a Railcard:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It does go up by £2 on the day from £8 in advance (including day before, ie today) to £10, or FREE in advance to men's season ticket holders. At VCD it does make sense to encourage people to buy in advance or charge a round sum. A lot of people paying £8 would give long queues. There is no seperate ticket office so you pay at the turnstile. 
  • Options
    League 1 football isn't an attractive way to spend 20 odd weekends every year...except for the die-hards who will buy a season ticket.

I can't get to every home game, maybe I'll do about 12 a year. Suddenly a season ticket is available for about the same price. Once I have the season ticket I might feel more obligated to show up...spend more in the ground etc. Then there are those who show up for two or three games a season and a £5-7 increase in ticket prices is unlikely to put them off. 

All of that may ring true to TS but this is how it affects my rationale. I'm in the fortunate position where the increase in prices on the gate from £25 to £32 will not be particularly noticed but even I feel like I'm being rinsed. Owing to that, if I'm 50/50 on attending, I won't be going this season. That price rise may be manageable for me but it crept over the edge of decency and now feels unpalatable. Put quite simply, even for a fan of the club for 30+ years, I will forgo watching the team that sits 5 mins from my house because of the new price structure and if the club is losing my support on matchdays, I'm pretty sure they're losing a lot more revenue besides.
    Good point well made. You can either afford it or you can’t depending on your circumstances and for many the current climate will sadly render the new prices unaffordable. But for me affordability is only part of the issue. The real decider is whether it’s worth it regardless of affordability. As a matter of principle, I simply do not believe that league 1 football is worth the thick end of 40 smackers. I’m largely irrelevant as my circumstances dictate that I simply can’t go at the moment but if I could it would not be a regular purchase at these prices. I’ve stopped using my local and much loved Indian takeaway as a chicken madras has slipped over 12 quid and passed the point where I thought “wow, it’s not worth that even if I do love it”. Same principle Thomas me old mucker. Have a think about the value rather than the price. 
    Over 12 quid for a chicken Madras. What, do they ship it in from Delhi? 
  • Options
    Fulham v Chelsea tomorrow, these were the match prices to Fulham fans with a previous purchase history. Adult prices behind the goals £65 and £70, on the sides £90 and £100. Bonkers

• Options
    If we make it back to the premiership in my lifetime you wont see me.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Please go up in two seasons.
  • Options
    Fulham v Chelsea tomorrow, these were the match prices to Fulham fans with a previous purchase history. Adult prices behind the goals £65 and £70, on the sides £90 and £100. Bonkers

All over the prices are insane, a Chelsea mate told me he'd regularly been paying £90 last season. We've all been saying for a long time it's hard to see how the bubble survives but soon this will literally be for the rich and tourists to go and watch.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

All over the prices are insane, a Chelsea mate told me he'd regularly been paying £90 last season. We've all been saying for a long time it's hard to see how the bubble survives but soon this will literally be for the rich and tourists to go and watch.
    100 % correct. 
    When the gas and electricity bills start dropping through the letter box this winter along with the shopping Bill going through the roof plenty of what I call normal income families will just not be able to afford to go.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    colthe3rd said:

Been like it for years, it'll never change.  It has long gone past the point of no return.
    People of my age, 56, and upwards have f****** it off.  The Sky fans and day trippers are replacing us.
    I loved football, being brought up with it in the 80's and all that went with it.  Now, it's finished and all to do with money.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Been like it for years, it'll never change.  It has long gone past the point of no return.
    People of my age, 56, and upwards have f****** it off.  The Sky fans and day trippers are replacing us.
    I loved football, being brought up with it in the 80's and all that went with it.  Now, it's finished and all to do with money.
    Agree, we've basically gone down the US sports pricing route. I went to an NFL game over there and the prices are eye watering, not just ticketing which is easily over $100 but the prices in the stadium. Seems fairly self sufficient over there. As with most things it's the knock on effect down the pyramid over here that causes the real problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    The fact that people want Sandgaard to spend just to get us to the Championship and if he did and was successful as soon as we saw how much it would cost many would be priced out anyway!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    That's the sad truth for me too. Will have to make do with watching us in the pub whenever we play one of the Sky Six.
  • Options
    Was planning on coming Saturday with 3 kids. Unfortunately they're all 11 now so need a U18 ticket, which is three times as much. £64 to watch third division football. 

Will be back to Dulwich Hamlet and Peckham Town for the rest of the season. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    clb74 said:
    That's the sad truth for me too. Will have to make do with watching us in the pub whenever we play one of the Sky Six.
    As it's about as likely as me smashing Amanda Holden up the arse I wouldn't worry about it. 
    I was thinking similar. 
    Fans that rarely go moaning constantly.
    Fans moaning about going into administration. 
    Fans moaning about won't be going to Charlton when we get in The Premier League. 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    clb74 said:
    As it's about as likely as me smashing Amanda Holden up the arse I wouldn't worry about it. 
    I was thinking similar. 
    Fans that rarely go moaning constantly.
    Fans moaning about going into administration. 
    Fans moaning about won't be going to Charlton when we get in The Premier League. 
    Tbh I moan whatever s happening
  • Options
    VAR is enough for giving up when we make the premiership 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    clb74 said:

I have seen you in action Rambo, with your charms I think you may have a chance.
  • Options

This certainly already true to some extent and becoming truer for the big premiership clubs. That however is where there is gap in the market for clubs like Charlton so long as we get the pricing and marketing strategy right.