Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match day ticket prices for 2022/2023

Comments

• Options
    redman said:

All over the prices are insane, a Chelsea mate told me he'd regularly been paying £90 last season. We've all been saying for a long time it's hard to see how the bubble survives but soon this will literally be for the rich and tourists to go and watch.
    This certainly already true to some extent and becoming truer for the big premiership clubs. That however is where there is gap in the market for clubs like Charlton so long as we get the pricing and marketing strategy right. 
    Oh the irony.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Tweet not visible for me. Presume it was about the 3 pack deal. Saving of £10 over 3 games before 31st Dec, based on early prices. So for covered end lower, 3 x 23 - 10= £59 outlay against 3 x 26 = £78 if buying on matchday. 

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/score-hat-trick-tickets-new-addicks-3-pack
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Tweet not visible for me. Presume it was about the 3 pack deal. Saving of £10 over 3 games before 31st Dec, based on early prices. So for covered end lower, 3 x 23 - 10= £59 outlay against 3 x 26 = £78 if buying on matchday. 

It's not a terrible idea for a promotion but it still doesn't get round the fact that prices are too high. Just using the zone 2 ones it works out at £26 a game which I believe is still more than last season. If my maths is correct a season ticket in the same zone averages out to £18, while of course ST should be getting discounted rates the disparity is far too large imo.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    MattF said:

It's not a terrible idea for a promotion but it still doesn't get round the fact that prices are too high. Just using the zone 2 ones it works out at £26 a game which I believe is still more than last season. If my maths is correct a season ticket in the same zone averages out to £18, while of course ST should be getting discounted rates the disparity is far too large imo.
    And not a massive reduction anyway, especially as the £10 discount is the same whether you are in the cheapest Lower CE seats or the overpriced halfway line seats
  • Options
    Doesn't help entice the casual fan either. Money conscious would be regulars like me maybe but it won't pull in causals or new fans for league 1 football.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    MattF said:

And not a massive reduction anyway, especially as the £10 discount is the same whether you are in the cheapest Lower CE seats or the overpriced halfway line seats
    Yeah, in terms of percentage discount for each zone its 17% zone 3, 11% zone 2 and 10% zone 1. Surely would have made more sense to just say 20% saving and apply it to all 3.
  • Options
    As the replies to the clubs tweet say. It’s still way too expensive. Ipswich are doing a 3 games for £45 package. So much better value than even the cheapest seats we have on offer and better football to watch as well 
  • Options
    If you buy this mini-mini season ticket, you'll meet Doucher's minimum requirements for a real fan, so just do it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like the idea, but agree with the above comments it's still too high a price to have a massive impact. 
  • Options
    Still too high, but the sort of offer that suits my circumstances so will probably take up the offer.

Good idea, which shows they are listening, but still a bit too high
  • Options
    I have just tried to do this and there was no £10 discount deducted, bloody typical!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    How do you go about getting the tickets for games two and three?

Do you buy a ticket for game one plus receive vouchers / codes for the other two games that can be exchanged for a ticket at future matches of your choice?

Surely a system like that makes more sense than forcing you to choose the three games up front? For one the tickets in December aren’t on sale yet and two, how will people know what their plans are up to three months in advance?
  • Options
    MattF said:

3 x 23 = 69
  • Options
    for balance am off to halifax town tonight and a seated ticket is £23.00 alternatively a terrace ticket is £18.00
  • Options
    You buy the 3 game pass first with a booking fee.

Then when you buy a ticket for a specific game it uses one of the passes and no charge or booking fee.

• Options
    MattF said:

3 x 23 = 69 , sorry didn't read properly!
  • Options
    Taken inspiration from Boris, buy a kettle, save £10 
  • Options
    It’s a step in the right direction but committing for 3 games is still expensive  in the current climate for many. I’d stick to a buy one get one free type offer. 

I like you can select the 3 games. 

It’s not a big enough discount though. 

But does show something of a positive change. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    clb74 said:
    If we make it back to the premiership in my lifetime you wont see me.
    That's the sad truth for me too. Will have to make do with watching us in the pub whenever we play one of the Sky Six.
    As it's about as likely as me smashing Amanda Holden up the arse I wouldn't worry about it. 
    Everything Charlton seems so depressing since the close of the window I haven’t bothered looking on here much - all that talk about trying this formation and the free agent market and all that nonsense it’s all a bit pointless but this is a refreshingly direct and accurate observation and wonderfully put 👏👏
  • Options
    Nah,  s'alright thanks.

Oh AND,  BUY A FUCKING STRIKER!
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    clb74 said:
    If we make it back to the premiership in my lifetime you wont see me.
    That's the sad truth for me too. Will have to make do with watching us in the pub whenever we play one of the Sky Six.
    As it's about as likely as me smashing Amanda Holden up the arse I wouldn't worry about it. 
    True, you’re no Les Dennis
    She might not have left it him if he did - if I had been married to I’d of got hold of anything that weren’t fixed down and whacked it straight up her Gary - she wouldn’t be looking elsewhere !!!  
  • Options
    other than my observations on Amanda Holden I have nothing to add - I will continue to go and support and live in hope but have zero expectation - probably how les Dennis feels 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    If you buy this mini-mini season ticket, you'll meet Doucher's minimum requirements for a real fan, so just do it!
    If seasons lasted 3 games you would be right - there’s no way round the rules I’m afraid 
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Was planning on coming Saturday with 3 kids. Unfortunately they're all 11 now so need a U18 ticket, which is three times as much. £64 to watch third division football. 

Will be back to Dulwich Hamlet and Peckham Town for the rest of the season. 
    I paid £22 at the gate to watch Bromley vs Eastleigh on Saturday, so even National League is eye watering.
  • Options
    I paid £22 at the gate to watch Bromley vs Eastleigh on Saturday, so even National League is eye watering.
    Did you buy a burger and fries at £12.50 too?