Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will we finish next year?

Comments

• Options
    between 6th and 12th
  • Options
    11th
  • Options
    15th.  New manager by January. 
  • Options
    The general consensus isn't optimistic. 
    Shouldn't we, Charlton, be expecting better?
    Not saying we don't have to earn it, but midtable in League 1.
    THAT is the most depressing thing.
    I cannot accept or be happy with that.
    I WANT promotion.  At worst a play off spot. 
    Right now I see only mid table meh.
  • Options
    10th
    With a few goal fests littered throughout the season (3-3, 4-2 etc.)
  • Options
    In League One.
  • Options
    IF we add 4-5 more new signings, at least 3 of which are first team regulars and 2 of which have 10+ goals in them each - 4th…

If we already have our strongest squad and will litter the final places with back ups, 11th.

We should all come back to this in a couple of weeks as we near the season start. I think our opening fixtures are a really good test btw. I don’t think it will be anywhere near as bad as last year.  
  • Options
    As the squad stands there is nowhere near enough goals in it. Mid table unless we recruit at least 2 players who will score 10-15 each.
  • Options
    Well we were champions of the bottom half last season. Can’t see us bettering that 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4th

I'm an optimist and clinging to the hope that we make two or three excellent signings that will make the difference between mid table mediocrity and firmly in the Play Offs
  • Options
    4th

I'm an optimist and clinging to the hope that we make two or three excellent signings that will make the difference between mid table mediocrity and firmly in the Play Offs
    That would do it, if we did it.
  • Options
    I'm always optimistic before the season begins, the pessimism kicks in later. It felt like we were less than the sum of our parts last season. If Garner could turn that around and getting us playing more as a team, I'm sure we can do better. So much late transfer business these days, predicting is a fools game - so I'll say 6th at least, surely...
  • Options
    IF we add 4-5 more new signings, at least 3 of which are first team regulars and 2 of which have 10+ goals in them each - 4th…

If we already have our strongest squad and will litter the final places with back ups, 11th.

We should all come back to this in a couple of weeks as we near the season start. I think our opening fixtures are a really good test btw. I don’t think it will be anywhere near as bad as last year.  
    That's our favourite word on CL.
    IF.
  • Options
    Sorry to be a bore, but no one can make a realistic assessment until after the window slams shut. 
  • Options
    About the same as last year from what I have seen so far. 
  • Options
    Fans start to get disillusioned with TS around late October. Fans then develop sympathy with Garner as the team struggle in around 17th place. TS too much of a narcissist not to be upset with being booed when he appears, and sells the club in early December to Muir who immediately appoints Varney as Chairman and spends heavily in the window. Barclay invests some cash which also helps Charlton to make the playoffs and win a great Wembley final against Portsmouth. 
    In the real world I can see no grey area. We will either win this league and lose Garner who will then be wanted everywhere, or we finish at the bottom. Who knows. I think TS has not put his money where his mouth is, yet.
  • Options
    Mid table.......again
  • Options
    difficult to say at the moment. If this is, pretty much the squad for the season then in the bottom half. But lets hope they can improve the squad soon and not waist 25% of the season trying to bed in new players signed after the start.
  • Options
    hoping of course for promotion .. however, i m o the squad still lacks the required quality, especially amongst the strikers, to get us promoted 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the current squad mid-table 10th to 14th.

It is no-where good enough to be pushing for the top 6.

In fact, I think we might be surprised by how far we are behind the top teams.
  • Options
    I'm going 13th with Swordfish
  • Options
    It's almost futile to predict this when the whole dynamic of the squad could be transformed by the end of the window.
    Here goes anyway!
    At the moment, I predict outside the promotion places. 8th maybe.
  • Options
    21st.
  • Options
    I think 16th is right 
  • Options
    If I am Kirk, JFC, CBT et al with those giraffes up front I really won't be filled with much hope. If you know your forwards are going to make goals and find the net from anywhere that will spur the whole team on. I think if you were to ask the non forwards what their prediction is for 22/23 with the squad as it is today ~I doubt any would say automatic promotion and playoffs imo is extremely unlikely. I'm reasonably happy with the back four and midfield but the front line ~ not at all. Yes Stockley scores a few but I don't rate him. He's slow and fairly predictable.  Chuks is always injured. While I'm not expecting TS to buy the 2022 equivalent of Allan Simonsen and jeopardise the future of the club Or anything ... I do think we need two marquee signings up front. Real quality. Bust the bank. Otherwise it is yet another season down here in the pit. There is no way this current team will be scoring 80/90/100 goals this season. Which is what would be required for A serious promotion push. 

Of course Kanu and Leaburn up front banging them in would be a dream but it is just not how men's football works. They are boys with li

• Options
    They are boys with limited experience. Both need to go out on at least 3 month loans at league 2 clubs first. 
  • Options
    As the squad stands now I’ll say about 10th. We do need at least one out and out goalscorer and a bit more creativity in midfield. Get that and we could be pushing for the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Mid table. We have a mid table squad and manager.
  • Options
    Mid table with the squad as it is. Hopefully I will more optimistic once the window closes.