Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where will we finish next year?

Comments

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    Very underwhelming recruitment, and this division is now quite strong at the top. Maybe top 10, not top 6, not good enough.
    Agree.  I think I said 9th on another thread so will stick with that, but definitely no higher than that, and no lower than 15th (I hope)
  • Options
    Mid table. Not a chance in hell this squad is getting promoted, especially if we are only getting in another 2/3 players as Garner has said. 
  • Options
    Between 8th and 12th - a small improvement on last year.

We are depending on too much to come right to be challenging for promotion (new management team to work out, under-performing players from last year to step-up, new signings to work out, new style of play to work out). 

I think it will be more entertaining than last year, but I am not convinced there will be as many goals as Garner's attacking style suggests.
  • Options
    Based on the quality of the players then realistically towards the bottom of the top, midtable obscurity. But if Garner can replicate his success from last season and get a team that is more than the sum of its parts then perhaps scraping into the play-offs.

I'm certainly not expecting promotion this season but I equally certainly don't see venturing anywhere near relegation like last season.
  • Options
    21st.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    5th for me based on us getting a couple of decent loans and out scoring everyone :)
  • Options
    As it stands top half, just, but if   big if three quality players join why not aim for the top six,  by Christmas I'll probably be crushed and looking forward to the next golf season. 
  • Options
    I hope Charlton do well this season for obvious reasons, but I also hope we do well to reduce fanbase misery, including this forum, and the football itself can shut people up for once.
    It may force west stand st holders to eat a home made ham and pickle sandwich in normal absolute silence....instead of some typical routine one liners of negative mouthy drivel.

If things aren't going so well, garner can remind the squad to prove people - such as our fanbase, wrong.

It can be a short term injection of motivation. Garner can pick em up with this.

"That Phillip bloke behind the dugout in the west stand is mouthing off again. It is clear that he thinks the squad aren't anywhere near good enough.
    We need to make Phillip silent again....and make him dash off to get a train home on the 88th minute....instead of the 84th min" 

With that mad adrenaline fist punching teamtalk....We'll probably be 3-0 up throughout 10mins of the second half!
  • Options
    7th.

We miss out on the playoffs in the last game when Cheltenham’s Naby Sarr nods in a last minute winner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:
    7th.

We miss out on the playoffs in the last game when Cheltenham’s Naby Sarr nods in a last minute winner.
    Towering over Inniss, Millwall away style.
  • Options
    5th or 6th.
  • Options
    Two significant SIGNINGS away from top two finish

thats two players the manager wants us to go all out to sign from other clubs.

failing the above, anywhere between 5th and 12th
  • Options
    what a miserable bunch :)
  • Options
    3rd or 4th

• Options
    1st.

Stockley and Payne with 30 goals each. 
  • Options
    5th after a tricky start.
  • Options
    Don't think we'll finish top 2 but reckon we'll sneak into the top 6 this year. 
  • Options
    Always positive, so I think we will be so far ahead in 1st position that when we have a blip at the end of the season it won’t matter because we will win the league by at least 10 points. Sorry no Wembley this season.
  • Options
    Top 6 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this year we are bit more ahead in terms having had a slightly better preseason/ transfer window but I think the new style/manager will take time to bed in. I predict a slow start then a good run, ultimately falling short of the play offs and finishing around 8th to 10th but hopefully we will then build on that next year

• Options
  • Options
    We should be pushing for the playoffs with the business so far, so I’ll be conservative and say top 8. That will be a failure on Sandgaard and Gallen more than Garner as things stand. We’ve got a fairly strong first XI but limited squad depth. I’d like to see more cover at CB, RB and CF. 
  • Options
    When Saturdays Come predict 10th.
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Probably about right but only if we sign another couple of players. A striker definitely. Otherwise it will be lower. 
  • Options
    Hal1x said:
    Probably about right but only if we sign another couple of players. A striker definitely. Otherwise it will be lower. 
  • Options
    I am thinking around 6th place, if we sign a couple more bits of quality in particular a quick forward i think we could aim higher. Ever the optimist, but i do feel positive we have got it right with the signings so far this season. 
  • Options
    Top 2
  • Options
    Top 2
    You're a dreamer dick. A dreamer. 
  • Options
    Perhaps, but I have a good feeling in my waters. Get back to me in May !