Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you looking forward to the new season?

Comments

• Options
    No
  • Options
    I think we’ll run top six pretty damn close. Yes I’m looking forward to it.
    Are you predicting 7th then? Bloody great!
  • Options
    Yes.
    Going Accrington on Saturday
    Derby Saturday after then off on holiday and while I'm away trying to find out the scores with the missus moaning that all I think about is football.  :D
  • Options
    Looking forward to season beginning as that will give us agood idea how the team will play and perform against Division One sides.

Everyone will have a better idea come 5pm Saturday including manager and owner.
  • Options
    Unequivocal yes!

Few away games already being looked along with the season ticket! 
  • Options
    Saturdays and other game days have that extra edge when Charlton are playing.
    Yes, can`t wait for that old feeling to kick in again. COYRs.
  • Options
    Cant say I'm looking forward to the football but Sheffield and Bolton trains are booked 
  • Options
    Looking forward to the away days with me mates.
    Looking forward to having a few in the Rad at the home games. 
    Not looking forward to the football as I think we will finish mid table in this wanky division. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Yes looking forward to being back at the valley with family and friends and hoping for a decent team to watch. Have identified some away days to tick off new grounds and some enjoyable days out.
    Just hope we don’t have a poor start and the gloom and doom starts again - it’s the hope that kills you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll answer this 5pm Saturday. 
  • Options
    I’m still indifferent.  Willing to give all the new signings the benefit of the doubt and don’t know enough about them to offer an opinion, so hope they can come in and improve the team.  Want to see Garner do well as he seems like an intelligent bloke and has come across well in interviews so far and has a style he wants to implement, albeit one that comes with the need for high levels of concentration, movement and ability (imo).

On the flip side, I’m not a fan of a lot of the so called ‘better’ players we retained last year.  He may not feature much, but I don’t think Gilbey should be here.  Morgan has to show some consistency.  I don’t rate DJ.  Inniss & Aneke aren’t reliable, despite the latter being described as a cheat code and all this talk of what he can do off the bench.  JFC imo isn’t as good as everyone seems to think he is at this level.  I think Stockley is a handful, good in the air and must be very hard to play against, but I don’t think he’s that good with the ball at his feet and I am not sure he’s going to take to the style I assume Garner wants to play.

I hope Kirk, Lavelle & Fraser have good seasons, as we didn’t really see much of them for various reasons last season.  

I think it’s going to be better than last season, it absolutely has to be, I just don’t think we’ve plugged to gulf from where we finished last season to where we want to be this season.  

I hope I am wrong, and this lot go on to find the extra gear, I just can’t see it at the moment, even with whoever is left to come in on loan or whatever 
  • Options
    Not Really .
     For the first time in years we have nobody in charge or coaching that are linked with the club . If we don’t hit the ground running it might be a tough time for Garner . 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Nothing to suggest it will be any different from last season if you ask me.
  • Options
    I’m looking forward to it because a lack of football is boring. 
    I doubt I’ll go to many games and I don’t think we’ll get promoted, but it’s a new football season and that’s always a great thing. 
  • Options
    Can’t wait. New exciting manager. Well thought out signings, lots of promise shown against Swansea. I wish we’d got a couple more in but I don’t know a fan that doesn’t wish that of their team. Bring it on.
  • Options
    NO!
  • Options
    I think with our current squad we will finish 9th 
    I hope to be proven wrong and I'm generally excited for this season. It can't be any worse then last year that's for sure. UTA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    League one is a blocked toilet of a division 
  • Options
    Moderately. I'm pleased that we will see better football, having got fed up with other clubs passing so much better than us.

On the other hand, I'm not over optimistic about our chances of mounting a real promotion campaign though and after the excitement of being able to return to live sport last season, some of that enthusiasm has subsided, especially when a lot of our away games this season have a "same old, same old" feel to them.
    The away game fixture list doesn't exactly help either. Looking at a few of the games I'm most interested in

Port Vale - 22 Nov, the second day of the World Cup
    Pompey - NYD
    FGR - Tuesday evening in February (Valentine's Day too!)
    Both west country games - February and March
    Derby - February

Indeed 3 of the away games I'm most interested in, Exeter, FGR and Derby are all within 15 days in February!

• Options
    Yes, looking forward to a fresh start and new style - although have a strong feeling patience will be needed to get there 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Got a season ticket and off to Accrington for the weekend, but feel we are in for one of those mid table seasons again with improvement here and there but so far nothing to get me over excited that this is it.

Still think we are light up front and haven't seen the goalie yet which was an area i was concerned about last season. This division is going to get harder to get out of with all the potential big teams in it, we must get out of it ASAP.

• Options
    I'm honestly looking forward to this season more than any League 1 season I can remember despite thinking we could very easily end up mid table again. The intoxicating allure of champagne football and potential comedy is strong and I cannot wait.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Im looking forward to it. Im not looking forward to supporters clamouring for hoofball back yet our supporters at the same time claiming hoofball is dull. Some people thought our performance against Swansea was dull, I’m relatively patient when it comes to football and I thought it was a breath of fresh air the way we’re trying to play now.
  • Options
    As an old git, life long Charlton supporter, I reserve the right to be underwhelmed until proven otherwise.

We all have the measure of Thomas Sandgaard now.  We are not to be the new Man City and probably not even the old Charlton Athletic.  That is my disappointment - especially after the fanfare of Thomas's arrival - where he not only twanged his guitar, but blew his own trumpet too.

I am hoping for a 'decent' season, but what does that even mean now?  I doubt we'll bother the promotion candidates, but hopefully we can be in contention somewhere at the top half of the league.  Mmmmm.

I s'pose there is a slight stirring in my 68 year old bones as the season approaches, a stirring which has yet to reach my loins.

(I know too much information ... sorry  :| ). 
  • Options
    Yes because we start with a clean slate not knowing what's going to happen. I'm expecting more attacking football, but think we need another forward and a natural left back before the window shuts to make a go of it and mount a late promotion challenge.

My biggest concern is the number of injury prone players that we carry in the squad given that we experience crises every year. Promotion is won by players out on the pitch, not those spending large chunks of the season in the treatment room.
  • Options
    Always, that new season tingle is unavoidable.  A break from the misery is great but by late July/August I miss it.
  • Options
    I didn’t enjoy last season, more of a ‘endure’ last season, bricking it about this season.