Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you looking forward to the new season?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Clear ability at league 1, apart from at charlton!!🤣🤣….. I’m being flippant😜
  • Options
    It's come around a bit too quickly for me to be excited yet as I can't believe it's this Saturday, but of course I'm excited. How can you not be? I support Charlton, Charlton are about to be playing again. Season might go well or might go badly but that's the deal when you follow a football team. I'm excited about the possibility of Charlton having a distinctive attacking style and having some concept of how we're going to play. I am slightly concerned that our crowd aren't going to be prepared for slow passing round the defence and aren't going to give the style a chance to bed in before they turn on the manager and the players. I think Sandgaard will stick by Garner as long as possible but the players can be affected by that much negativity and we don't want a team of Simon Francises hiding from the ball. Overall though, the football's back! We'll have good days on here and bad days. We'll have happy Saturday nights and runs where we feel like we're going to sweep up the league. We'll have terrible match results and possibly runs of form where we're begging for something to change to stop the losing but it's happening. Bring it on.
    Great post Gary……it matches how I felt back in 1958 as a 10 year old, it’s there irrevocably in my DNA and I wouldn’t change that feeling of unabated enthusiasm I have had ever since.
  • Options
    Can't bloody wait. Will try to stream the game from paphos on Saturday. Look forward to Charlton ruining my holiday.
  • Options
    I’m also really looking forward to getting back to The Valley, and to pints of Pride in The Pilot with my brother and friends. That would be the case regardless of what’s happened since last season, but I’m optimistic about the style of football and happy with the signings so far, and expecting more. COYR!
  • Options
    No... I have a hangover from last season's performances and 3 people I sit with aren't getting STs, so I'm feeling extra apathetic. Before Xmas I have 6 home games where I have nothing else potentially planned, will do 1 or 2 aways, then see about a half season-ticket.
  • Options
    Can't bloody wait. Will try to stream the game from paphos on Saturday. Look forward to Charlton ruining my holiday.
    Giving me horror flashbacks of streaming the infamous Millwall Pigott game from a Cypriot holiday home, this 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Yes of course, the football's back. Looking forward to getting into it on the post match views. :-)

I’ll be in the air flying to Seattle for the duration of Saturday’s game so hoping for some decent in-flight wifi.

Wonder how many strange looks I’ll get for watching what’ll look like park football to the Americans around me.
  • Options
    I'm in limbo with how I feel at the moment. If we beat Accrington then I'll be cautiously excited  
  • Options
    In this league? No chance.
  • Options
    I think it’ll be emotional 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always look forward to a new season.
    It's a clean slate and I always enjoy that walk down Floyd Road, always with at least some degree of excitement, anticipation and hope.
    That first home game is often a shirt-sleeve affair and sometimes it doesn't take long for the sun to disappear taking the hope with it!
    I am excited and enthused by Project Garner, was always hoping it would be a "young up and coming" with something about them this time and not another veteran whose best days are gone or a complete rookie.
    That said, it remains to be seen if he can make the step-up to a a higher league at a bigger club with a certain weight of expectation. It's a big challenge for him and for many of the players he has brought in.
    The squad is unfinished, we trust that will change by September, but the season starts Saturday.
    I feel that the football will be more pleasing on the eye, but ultimately the primary objective is to win games.
    Somebody said the crowd need to be patient. That may be so, but I'm not making any promises  ;)
    I'm sick of this shit league and I want us challenging this year.
  • Options
    Not especially, but then I never really do until we've got a couple of proper games under our belt, and see how we're shaping up against our peers. At the moment I'm a bit concerned about where the goals are coming from though.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Looking forward to it, but would be happier if we had a new striker. 
    Not the Top 20 podcast predicts 12th. Hoping we could do better than that, but won’t be all that surprised if we don’t. 
  • Options
    No. Might even sell my number plate by Christmas. 
  • Options
    Looking forward to the new season just as I have since the '70s.
    Everyone starts on the same points and everyone can dream of a better season than last.
    If you dont have a positive attitude at the start of the season you might as well pack up following a side like ours a just sit in front of the TV on a Saturday afternoon watching and listening to pundits talk about 6/7 teams.
    Plenty of time after October to get miserable.
  • Options
    Have to admit, I didn’t realise so many people would base their excitement upon things like transfers, formations etc.

Every year I can’t wait to get my Saturday ritual of going to football back, regardless of who we have at right wing, or center back or whatever.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    No. Might even sell my number plate by Christmas. 
    We've all been there  ;)