Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 6th August 2022 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    Our 2 centre backs aren't good enough for the style of football we want to play. The Irish lad looks poor today. 
    You mean the style doesn’t suit the defenders 
  • Options
    Not only did Stockley manage not win a challenge, he misses a sitter, anyone that says he needs crosses and he will score might need to revise they’re thoughts. 20 goals from him in this system is a pipe dream.
  • Options
    Where is the high press...... yes thought so.
  • Options
    Bet we’re a goal down within five mins of the restart
  • Options
    We wont be playing Accrington every week so be happy with a 2-2 up there.

We wont be playing Derby every week.so be happy being mullered for 45 mins.
  • Options
    How this isnt 0-4 I will never know but just before ht we had two great chances Kirk and stockley
  • Options
    Ah well, at least it was easy to get a beer at HT in the NU.
  • Options

Firmly on top but, somehow, no breakthrough yet #DCFC
  • Options
    What throwing money at the league will get you vs 'being smart'. 

Derby will be in the Championship next year like nothing happened. We will be stuck here. 
    I've said it many times. Spend spend spend. Fuck the EFL. The penalty for overspending is not as severe as another year or 2 in league 1.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Half time summary: outclassed by a team cobbled together off the back of nearly going bust. Truly pathetic first half performance from Charlton 
    Cobbled together!!!

That is more a description of us on that showing, looks to me like Derby have made some very astute signings and they have played some lovely football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Defensively all over the place. Both centre backs all over the place, and we're being dominated down the flanks.

On the positive side it's still nil nil, and after vanishing for 40 minutes, Kirk had a bright few minutes 
  • Options
    They've run out of lager in the covered..shocking! 

Drinking John Smiths and I remember why I don't in the first place! 
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Where is the high press...... yes thought so.

More Trouser press.
  • Options
    It's been too hard to watch.

I'm going outside in the sunshine to paint the shed.

• Options
    Payne on for Morgan, Kirk showing some decent contributions. Hopefully we can get a foothold this half. Controversy incoming! Leaburn in for Stockley please
  • Options
    At least  TS knows what a poor team he has got
  • Options
    No changes ahead of the second half
  • Options
    Dogshit
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Payne on for Morgan, Kirk showing some decent contributions. Hopefully we can get a foothold this half. Controversy incoming! Leaburn in for Stockley please
    Reckon we'll see Payne for Morgan and Leaburn for Kirk as the main subs this half
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    ozaddick said:
    Our 2 centre backs aren't good enough for the style of football we want to play. The Irish lad looks poor today. 
    You mean the style doesn’t suit the defenders 
    No. We set out how we wanted to play, and then recruited/ retained these two. 
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Curtis Davies (Derby County) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 46'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    1. 47'

Post update

Joe Wildsmith (Derby County) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 47'

Post update

Foul by Corey Blackett-Taylor (Charlton Athletic).

• Options

47' Break in play after Wildsmith goes down despite no contact from CBT. He's fine to continue. #cafc 0 #dcfc 0
  • Options
    Cmon lads... Once you've beaten your opponent, stop being desperate to prove you can do it again!! - Feel CBT stalled our attack a bit then
  • Options

50' Chance! CBT crosses for Stockley who heads goalwards, but Wildsmith makes the catch. #cafc 0 #dcfc 0
  • Options
    Argh, no power on the header from Stockley, easy catch for the Goalkeeper 
  • Options
    Much better start to the second half
  • Options

50' #CAFC
    0-0 #DCFC Blackett-Taylor stands up a cross which Stockley heads at goal, but it's straight at Wildsmith who saves.
  • Options
    Good play from Kirk and Sessegnon to win a FK
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!