Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Derby County | Saturday 6th August 2022 @ 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Our 2 centre backs aren't good enough for the style of football we want to play. The Irish lad looks poor today. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Another poor miss from Stockley after the one he missed last game. 

Really needs to work on his finishing. 
    He was 5th in the league for missed chances last season and if he'd not got injured he'd likely have been at least 2nd.
  • Options
    Anyone else’s Charlton TV gone down? Probably doing me a favour to be fair…
  • Options
    O’Connell is awful. I can see why he’s been relegated everywhere he’s played. 
    He's been promoted just as many times as he's been relegated
    That was then. This is now. He was a liability last week too
  • Options
    Totally get that the football and playing out is going to take time, but we really aren’t helping ourselves here! 

O’Connell been shocking, and one of a few who have sold the goalkeeper ridiculously short! 

Sess and CBT been decent in possession, but rarely had the ball and the space to go, Fraser similar.

morgan been woeful, there’s the Morgan we all know! McGrandles looked alright but simply too attacking considering Morgan and Fraser want to be further up the field.

looked as if we’d be walloped here, but thankfully
    wallocot is decent and we’ve had our luck, where’s that been for a few years? 
    Big chance at HT- get Morgan off and swap innis for lavelle 
  • Options
    He’s single handedly trying to give Derby the win . It’s a good job they are shit too.
    Shit but a hundred times better than us.
  • Options
    Thank god games cant be won or lost at HT... Disappointing first 30mins, but we grew into the game

Derby showing that they've picked the right Championship / Premier League experience, rather than going for the Watson's and Gunter's of the world - Lack of a decent Striker themselves might be their undoing this season, as they should be ahead.

This game is far from over, but we cant come out of the blocks as sluggish as we started
  • Options
    Anyone else’s Charlton TV gone down? Probably doing me a favour to be fair…
    Yep. Lost mine too 
  • Options
    Attendance 17046
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't get the ball in their box till 21st minute. McGandles poor, glad he went off. O'Connell, oh dear. Wollacott outstanding. Couple of decent balls in from Kirk near the end, Stockley should have buried one. Didn't mind Kirk missing that chip, at least he tried, many wouldn't. So much to work on for Garner. This won't finish 0-0. Too early to see how this season will pan out but not encouraging so far and I include last week in that where I thought too many thought it a big step forward.
  • Options
    That was then. This is now. He was a liability last week too
    And this is the second game of the season... I'm inclined to go against the grain and give players longer to settle.

Its becoming bizarrely trendy to write off players after they've barely played for us
  • Options
    Well he won’t again playing like that !
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We are going to run out of luck in a minute 
    No, we've just had the luck that we've run out of minutes! :smile:
  • Options
    Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear. Derby are a good side. No doubt about that, but we have been shocking in possession. Once again both centre backs look a mess, O'Connell is looking a real carthorse at the moment. Clare all over the shop and the midfield is totally anonymous.

Garner has to show some nous here. We should have dropped CBT and Kirk deeper and gone 4-5-1 to try and contain them, but we have just kept doing the same things wrong over and over.

Stockley has to score that chance.

Injury jinx possibly kicking in already. McGrandles off with concussion and Innis appears to have lasted a game and a half before he has started limping.

Need a big improvement second half as if they score early this could be a complete tonking.

• Options
    O’Connell is awful. I can see why he’s been relegated everywhere he’s played
    He’s single handedly trying to give Derby the win . It’s a good job they are shit too.
    Didn't know this. Thanks for that comforting fact  :#
  • Options
    Garner has got to try something different in the second half.

Stay with this formation and it is game over.
  • Options
    Possession based football 38% :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think one of the biggest thing going against us, amongst many things I know, is our usual "muscle" players in Stockley and Innis are up against big players and losing out a lot. 

That and not being able to pick easy passes too..  
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Says a lot about Derby then seeing its 0-0 ;)
  • Options
    Back over first time in 3 years, gutted a family doo meant I couldn't make it today.

Not so gutted after catching up now though!
  • Options
    What throwing money at the league will get you vs 'being smart'. 

Derby will be in the Championship next year like nothing happened. We will be stuck here. 
  • Options
    I really don't know what everyone is moaning about. We've been told we'll be playing out from the back & will be playing attacking football with just 1 main striker. All as is expected. Just have to believe it in. Garner ain't going go change. 
  • Options
    No midfield
    Can't tackle
    Can't pass

Embarrassing 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Unfortunately happens when the other team is better than you..!
  • Options
    Superb half, some of our interplay has been mesmerising.  The new additions have changed the whole outlook of the team. Long gone are the open spaces allowing our players to be turned inside out and overun by bang average teams. Even our woodwork has stepped up and I thoroughly look forward to an exciting 45 minutes of Garnerball.
  • Options
    What throwing money at the league will get you vs 'being smart'. 

Derby will be in the Championship next year like nothing happened. We will be stuck here. 
    Dunno... They dominated that first 30mins and should have been 3-0 up.

I'm not sure where their goals are going to come from
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!