Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Erling Haaland

Comments

• Options
    He is best price 11/2 (most places have him between 4/1 and 5/1) to score a hat trick on Saturday.

Can’t ever remember seeing a player that short to score 3 in a Premier League game.
  • Options
    He is best price 11/2 (most places have him between 4/1 and 5/1) to score a hat trick on Saturday.

Can’t ever remember seeing a player that short to score 3 in a Premier League game.
    Do they do odds on him not scoring?
  • Options
    You can lay Haaland to score anytime on Betfair and get a little less than 7/4 at the moment. 

I reckon you could get closer to 2/1 by Saturday afternoon.
  • Options
    Did Charlton have a haaland lookalike upfront during the Belgian years? 

As per usual, he got charltonised then he left 
  • Options
    Reminds me of Messi and Ronaldo 10 years ago when you just expected at least a goal a game from them.

Crazy numbers.
    17 in his last eight and a half games for City. The expectation has risen to him scoring a goal a half!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Haaland now has as many CL goals as Luis Suarez but in 51 fewer games

Getting silly now.
    He's a robot sent back in time to destroy football as we know it. 

He's got the finishing of Messi, the athleticism of prime Ronaldo, the skill and audaciousness of Zlatan.  
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Simon Makienok
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Simon Makienok

He had the neanderthal viking Scandinavian basketball player image. Just didn't have the goals.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Dave2l said:

Simon Makienok

He had the neanderthal viking Scandinavian basketball player image. Just didn't have the goals.

Or the pace, the touch…
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Getting silly now.

He's got the finishing of Messi, the athleticism of prime Ronaldo, the skill and audaciousness of Zlatan.  
    Does he have the skills and audacity of Zlatan? Show me clips otherwise I'm calling nonsense 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Getting silly now.

Does he have the skills and audacity of Zlatan? Show me clips otherwise I'm calling nonsense 
    I didn't say the arrogance of Zlatan, but he tries audacious things like his goal against Dortmund, He scored some very skillful goals when at Dortmund too. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Getting silly now.

Not sure either but Haaland's goal against Dortmund had the audacity of a Zlatan goal
  • Options
    The goal against Dortmund wasn't extravagantly audacious, it was simply doing what he could to get the ball into the goal  
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The goal against Dortmund wasn't extravagantly audacious, it was simply doing what he could to get the ball into the goal  
    I wish Charlton would simply do what they could to get the ball in the goal  ;)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Leuth said:
    Yes - it's all hype. We would soon see his weaknesses if he was up against Naby.
    In terms of brute efficiency, power, precision, there's nobody better. The hype is real, but he isn't what you'd call a poet
  • Options
    City scored 99 goals last season in the PL without Haaland. Terrifying how many they're going to score this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    bobmunro said:
    Leuth said:
    Yes - it's all hype. We would soon see his weaknesses if he was up against Naby.
    In terms of brute efficiency, power, precision, there's nobody better. The hype is real, but he isn't what you'd call a poet
    Are you talking about Haaland or BeckenSarr?
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Haaland reportedly on £865,000 a week!!!

Admittedly, that is according to Talksport 
  • Options

If true:

In a normal context it's ridiculous, no one needs £45m a year.

But then in a pure footballing logic it sort of makes sense given he was 'only' £51m given the clause compared to his actual value.

City will see it as £276m over 5 years for one of the best players in the world.  Neymar & Mbappe were £200m ish just for the fee, even Joao Felix was £100m odd for a kid with a lot of potential rather than the finished article.
  • Options

I'd be amazed if that's true given their highest earner before he arrived was reportedly De Bruyne on 375k a week.

You're probably going to upset a few of the squad if one player is on more than double the next highest earner, even if he is scoring every game.
  • Options

Said to be on similar basic wage to other City stars, it gets to that number with bonuses.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Said to be on similar basic wage to other City stars, it gets to that number with bonuses.
    That makes more sense. 👍
  • Options
    Scoham said:

City bosses worried the £10 a goal bonus may bankrupt them