Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Big Crowd Expected Tuesday?

Just tried to see if there were many tickets left for the QPR game (and how much they were) 

Looks like there quite a demand!  :#

Comments

• Seems to be a YouTube All-stars match blocking the system. 
  • edited August 2022
    Seems to be a YouTube All-stars match blocking the system. 
    I didn’t know we had any YouTube all stars!

But cheers for the heads up AB, any idea when we can buy tickets to watch the Non YouTube no marks?
  • Seems to be a YouTube All-stars match blocking the system. 
    Sidemen are one of the teams playing, they're absolutely huge on youtube, some of their videos get 25 million+ views. A couple of them went to Bexley Grammar.

Not a bad thing for the club really, i assume they'll make some decent profit from it.
  • Great idea. Love Island vs Sidemen match.
  • Jeez I feel old. Who or what are Sidemen?
  • Stig said:
    Jeez I feel old. Who or what are Sidemen?
    They are the team that last sold out The Valley a few years back.
  • Yea just tried to get tickets for Tuesday and there are 67,000 people ahead of me, that would sell out the old Valley!
  • Ferryman said:
    Yea just tried to get tickets for Tuesday and there are 67,000 people ahead of me, that would sell out the old Valley!
    Been in the queue all night…
  • Sponsored links:

• I took my kids to the Sidemen game at The Valley a few years ago and i can honestly say , every single person on the pitch had two left feet. It was awful .  My kids knew everyone , i knew nobody and to add to my misery i had a family of Nigels in their stripey tops sitting next to us in the Jimmy Seed stand. 

I assume you’ll be going again?
  • Uboat said:
    I took my kids to the Sidemen game at The Valley a few years ago and i can honestly say , every single person on the pitch had two left feet. It was awful .  My kids knew everyone , i knew nobody and to add to my misery i had a family of Nigels in their stripey tops sitting next to us in the Jimmy Seed stand. 

I assume you’ll be going again?
    Definitely not! My kids are young adults now and thankfully they've grown out of watching Youtube nobody's. 
  • I took my kids to the Sidemen game at The Valley a few years ago and i can honestly say , every single person on the pitch had two left feet. It was awful .  My kids knew everyone , i knew nobody and to add to my misery i had a family of Nigels in their stripey tops sitting next to us in the Jimmy Seed stand. 

Not so different from the first half on Saturday then?  Apart from any nigels sporting their nauseating stripyness 
  • Demand for Charlton's contractual obligation 90 minutes in some irrelevant competition about which no beggar gives a toss?  Negligible
    Crowd will struggle to get to the PSF v Swansea
  • QPR have sold 2,427 with around 700 available tomorrow.
  • QPR have sold 2,427 with around 700 available tomorrow.
     So they'll probably have more there than us!
  • Lets say we sell 4,000 so crowd around 6,500 which would be pretty good for the EFL Cup
  • stonemuse said:
    Reckon it will be less than 5k … definitely outnumbered by QPR fans … amazed they are bringing so many … must be the attraction of a decent ground  :D
    It’s their cup final…
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    We had 2,500 Charlton fans when we played Forest Green in 2019 so it would seem distinctly odd if we had fewer for QPR three years later. I don’t think it was £15 in 2019 tbf.

There were also 2,800 home fans against AFCW last year. 

I don’t my think you can read anything into advance sales for this type of game.
  • I'm expecting Charlton to have 4,000 to 5,000, so, 6500ish overall.
  • edited August 2022
    Dire home turnout, felt a bit embarrassing at times tbh 
    Suppose it will obviously depend on opposition, but wonder what the turn out would be for the next round if it was against a team of similar standard.

Assume naturally more because it’s a bit further into the competition, plus maybe a little bit more of boost because people will know we will put a competitive side out?
  • edited August 2022
    Dire home turnout, felt a bit embarrassing at times tbh 
    Suppose it will obviously depend on opposition, but wonder what the turn out would be for the next round if it was against a team of similar standard.

Assume naturally more because it’s a bit further into the competition, plus maybe a little bit more of boost because people will know we will put a competitive side out?

Well how do you think we could have got more Addicks through the door.
  • I was there.

I wasn't embarrassed.

nor me
  • RobRob
    edited August 2022
    What was missing was the Covered End so not much singing. Strange. 
    That’s how it came over on the stream anyway.