Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Crowd Expected Tuesday?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah , it was very quiet from our fans , only started to get some chants together midway through the second half. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I was there with my son, who was presumably embarrassed. 
  • Options
    Very poor turnout, but that's probably what happens when you've got a long history of being pathetic in the competition. We've only got to the 3rd round once since 2007.
  • Options
    pickwick said:
    Dire home turnout, felt a bit embarrassing at times tbh 
    Suppose it will obviously depend on opposition, but wonder what the turn out would be for the next round if it was against a team of similar standard.

Assume naturally more because it’s a bit further into the competition, plus maybe a little bit more of boost because people will know we will put a competitive side out?

Well how do you think we could have got more Addicks through the door.
    Well, I wasn't there. My seasonal car park pass is only for league games. (It didn't used to be - or maybe I just sneaked in for cup matches without anybody realising). I'm not paying £45 (£36 last season) for a car park space for a low-level cup game. So the club didn't get the money for two tickets because it is trying to squeeze stupid money for a parking space. I would love to know how many parking spaces they sold for yesterday's match.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    pickwick said:
    Suppose it will obviously depend on opposition, but wonder what the turn out would be for the next round if it was against a team of similar standard.

Assume naturally more because it’s a bit further into the competition, plus maybe a little bit more of boost because people will know we will put a competitive side out?

Well, I wasn't there. My seasonal car park pass is only for league games. (It didn't used to be - or maybe I just sneaked in for cup matches without anybody realising). I'm not paying £45 (£36 last season) for a car park space for a low-level cup game. So the club didn't get the money for two tickets because it is trying to squeeze stupid money for a parking space. I would love to know how many parking spaces they sold for yesterday's match.
    I got a text from the club yesterday advertising West Stand car parking for £10.
  • Options
    I was at the game, was a cracking night out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    cafcfan said:
    pickwick said:

I got a text from the club yesterday advertising West Stand car parking for £10.
    I didn't.
  • Options
    Wasn’t really a reserve side, it was a competitive side. Garner had hinted that he’s going to take cup competitions more seriously than previous managers. 
    I think I enjoyed the last two home games more than at least 90% of the home games last season. We’re actually playing decent football, which helps. 👍
  • Options
    It does seem a bit silly to piss off people already paying daft sums to park at league games when most of them won’t turn up for this anyway.
  • Options
    I think that performance alone will stop the poor cup attendances. That was an excellent £15 spent last night 
  • Options
    What do people here think our average attendance will be this season? Down from last year?
  • Options
    What do people here think our average attendance will be this season? Down from last year?
    Sadly, yes. We’ve now got a fair number of people in the fanbase that didn’t want to get a season ticket but are now reluctant to pay Matchday prices. Suppose a lot will depend on if we are doing well and then a lot of those people may commit to a half season ticket. 
  • Options
    It’d be disappointing if it was, but our ‘cost of living crisis’ won’t help. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Depends on how many freebies will be given out for the 2 home Saturday games in December. (Would not be surprised if those 2 games are part of the 4 free tickets that season ticket are entitled to)

Matchday prices need to be reduced to a sensible pricing system and bin off the 3 pound nonsense as well.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I attended and it was great entertainment and lovely to win on pens, felt like Doncaster without the crowd 
  • Options
    Attendances will depend on results…
  • Options
    barstool said:
    I attended and it was great entertainment and lovely to win on pens, felt like Doncaster without the crowd 
    And without the tension. Much as I enjoyed it, I really wasn’t that bothered re the outcome - maybe about 10% compared to Doncaster. Think that was true of the squad as well if you watch their reaction after O’Connell’s penalty.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Same as always then. A team doing well will naturally attract more supporters.

If we're plodding along in mid-table in the new year then we'll get actual fans in the stadium well below 10k.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    barstool said:
    And without the tension. Much as I enjoyed it, I really wasn’t that bothered re the outcome - maybe about 10% compared to Doncaster. Think that was true of the squad as well if you watch their reaction after O’Connell’s penalty.
    That’s hit the nail on the head for me - although I ended up watching the second half and of course wanted us to win, the truth is I wasn’t that bothered whether we won or not before the match started and that’s the main reason I didn’t go - it’s treated like a reserve match for trying out squad players until the later rounds and I’ve been to enough of these games down the years to realise I don’t enjoy them - the game the other night may have been an exception as it turns out but I’m sure most didn’t go for the same reason as me - I want to turn up at a game where both clubs are throwing everything they have at it, not testing things out for the real matches 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Redhenry said:

If we're plodding along in mid-table in the new year then we'll get actual fans in the stadium well below 10k.
    High risk of going under 10k in the next month - comps and aways apart. None of the next four fixtures is going to pull paying supporters in at current prices. Portsmouth and Ipswich in October should be OK, by comparison.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Redhenry said:

High risk of going under 10k in the next month - comps and aways apart. None of the next four fixtures is going to pull paying supporters in at current prices. Portsmouth and Ipswich in October should be OK, by comparison.
    Do you think this would come as a surprise to TS? He seems to think we can hit 20K plus at the Valley if we are playing well regardless of who we are playing. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Redhenry said:

Do you think this would come as a surprise to TS? He seems to think we can hit 20K plus at the Valley if we are playing well regardless of who we are playing. 
    I think there is a big gap between his expectations and what is likely to happen, which the people around him have struggled to close. It’s really a very different market from US city sports franchises, which may be an explanation.

I’m very aware of the need to aim high - and led on that with tickets at Charlton for many years - but it’s very rare these days that ticket sales take off unexpectedly. I think we’re some way from circumstances in which that is likely to happen.
    Apart from free tickets or FFAF, I don't think there's any way we can get over 20K at home early or mid-season even if we were top and flying? As mentioned here before, even in 2018/19 crowds only increased moderately near the end of the season when it was clear we were on a (likely) promotion run.