Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Crowd Expected Tuesday?

13»

Comments

• Options
    There’s an obvious need for an offer around Exeter and FGR - very hard to stand up FGR in midweek whatever you do.
  • Options
    There’s an obvious need for an offer around Exeter and FGR - very hard to stand up FGR in midweek whatever you do.
    Tickets for those games and up to the Oxford home game on the 1st October are now on sale, with prices for all league games as per the Derby fixture. 
  • Options
    Forest Green Rovers are rubbish. Just create an offer that guarantees a minimum four goal win for Charlton or your money back and the punters will be flocking! 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Tickets for those games and up to the Oxford home game on the 1st October are now on sale, with prices for all league games as per the Derby fixture. 
    Grab em while you can!
  • Options
    What do people here think our average attendance will be this season? Down from last year?
    Sadly, yes. We’ve now got a fair number of people in the fanbase that didn’t want to get a season ticket but are now reluctant to pay Matchday prices. Suppose a lot will depend on if we are doing well and then a lot of those people may commit to a half season ticket. 
    Do we know how many season tickets were sold eventually? 
  • Options
    I see we are charging £15 adults and £5 kids for the Pizza Cup. 

Be interesting to see the crowds for our home games, will Gillingham have more fans than us? 
  • Options
    Depends what the object of any offers are I would have thought. If the object is to entice people to come again then it may actually be better to do an offer on a more attractive game. 
    Also need to focus on Saturday games to get kids involved.
    Having said that Exeter and FCG are both in same week. With some people struggling for cash a 2 for 1 offer may be an interesting try. 
    The balance is getting offers that work and don't piss off certain season ticket holders. IMO the club has slightly tied it's hands with free tickets to season ticket holders offer. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Depends what the object of any offers are I would have thought. If the object is to entice people to come again then it may actually be better to do an offer on a more attractive game. 
    Having said that Exeter and FCG are both in same week. With some people struggling for cash a 2 for 1 offer may be an interesting try. 
    The balance is getting offers that work and don't piss off certain season ticket holders. IMO the club has slightly tied it's hands with free tickets to season ticket holders offer. 
    I would concentrate on getting existing supporters to come to FGR. It's not always about new fans. The headroom in the adult season tickets against the match tickets is easily large enough to accommodate a 2 for 1 offer, which would also underpin Exeter.
  • Options

Be interesting to see the crowds for our home games, will Gillingham have more fans than us? 
    That isn't going to work, but to be honest I wouldn't go if it was free.
  • Options

I wouldn't go if they paid me.
    I've never been to one of there games and I never will. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Redhenry said:
    Attendances will depend on results…
    Same as always then. A team doing well will naturally attract more supporters.

If we're plodding along in mid-table in the new year then we'll get actual fans in the stadium well below 10k.
    High risk of going under 10k in the next month - comps and aways apart. None of the next four fixtures is going to pull paying supporters in at current prices. Portsmouth and Ipswich in October should be OK, by comparison.
    Do you think this would come as a surprise to TS? He seems to think we can hit 20K plus at the Valley if we are playing well regardless of who we are playing. 

The poor home sale against QPR - for a fixture that was significantly more attractive than AFCW and FGR - may be a warning of just how price sensitive people are currently (among all the other factors with the League Cup). 
    If it was priced at £10 I think that might have boosted the home attendance for QPR by a few hundred, maybe an extra 1k. Trouble is, the price increase to £15 has just nudged a game like that out of "so cheap I might as well go" territory. 

Ive seen the Papa Johns game is £15 now too, that could set a record for lowest ever home crowd for a first team (yeah I know...) game. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    What do people here think our average attendance will be this season? Down from last year?
    Sadly, yes. We’ve now got a fair number of people in the fanbase that didn’t want to get a season ticket but are now reluctant to pay Matchday prices. Suppose a lot will depend on if we are doing well and then a lot of those people may commit to a half season ticket. 
    Around 8K
  • Options

agreed - an insult of a competition 'come along and watch some premier league youngsters get some experience against your first team' - no thanks - just waiting for the premier league women to be invited in 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Around 8K
    Thanks. 

• Options

Not even if we got to the final?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

Not even if we got to the final?
    Not even then I promise. 
  • Options
    unless we have a serious downturn over the next few games, i don't think the home area attendance for Cambridge will dip much from the opening day  - plymouth will as its a night game 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    unless we have a serious downturn over the next few games, i don't think the home area attendance for Cambridge will dip much from the opening day  - plymouth will as its a night game 
    There is a National rail strike [RMT] on the day of the Cambridge game [20/8/22] with a very limited train service
    to/from Charlton station, this is bound to affect the attendance.
  • Options
    Exeter have put on sale their away tickets for their trip to us on September 10th. The same as Derby were charged last Saturday 

https://www.exetercityfc.co.uk/news/2022/august/charlton-tickets/
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Demand for Charlton's contractual obligation 90 minutes in some irrelevant competition about which no beggar gives a toss?  Negligible
    Crowd will struggle to get to the PSF v Swansea
    The level of interest from hoopy shepherds bushers was baffling and significantly higher than those paid to represent the club on the pitch
    A much smaller than expected loss on the fixture for CAFC but a 2nd round draw grimmer than grim, ho hum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    There is a National rail strike [RMT] on the day of the Cambridge game [20/8/22] with a very limited train service
    Fair enough, didn’t realise that 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Bus strike as well, so problems all round, as parking will be rammed.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    The bus strike action will affect workers based at the following London United bus depots: Fulwell, Hounslow, Hounslow Heath, Park Royal, Shepherd’s Bush, Stamford Brook, and Tolworth, so will not affect buses in South-East London.
    https://www.unitetheunion.org/news-events/news/2022/august/london-bus-workers-to-take-strike-action-in-pay-dispute/
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    airman will be buzzing - chance for a small crowd which will prove beyond any doubt that he is the ticket pricing oracle 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    clive said:
    DOUCHER said:
    airman will be buzzing - chance for a small crowd which will prove beyond any doubt that he is the ticket pricing oracle 
    Must be why we always have small crowds on Boxing Day. Oh, hang on…
  • Options
    redman said:
    I would concentrate on getting existing supporters to come to FGR. It's not always about new fans. The headroom in the adult season tickets against the match tickets is easily large enough to accommodate a 2 for 1 offer, which would also underpin Exeter.
    Absolutely agree. 2 for 1 is the way to go. 
  • Options

Appears there is a discount when buying these tickets. Season ticket holders pay £10.