Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Payne is a bit good isn't he? What on earth was he doing in League 2?
    Not bad at all. Pace, energy, chips in with goals. Bold prediction, he goes very close to being POTY 
  • Options
    Should have scored there
  • Options

26' Another good opening for Charlton as Jaiyesimi lines up his effort inside the box, but sees it blocked. #cafc 0 #qpr 0
  • Options
    Gilbey decided to dive right in front of the ref!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    We need more lethal players in that final area than DJ, etc sadly. His approach is hit n hope.
    He needs to have a go quicker, that's for sure.
  • Options
    Prick Gilbey. Hold. It. Up.
  • Options
    Let us hope we are not doing a Derby, all chances and no success
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Prick Gilbey. Hold. It. Up.
    He's a master at losing the ball, then looking shocked.

Enjoying the game though!
  • Options

30' It's been a promising opening half hour for the Addicks here at The Valley, but it remains goalless. #cafc 0 #qpr 0
  • Options
    Get Gilbey off for Kirk with Payne coming inside 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Let us hope we are not doing a Derby, all chances and no success
    The difference is, to use an Eddie Jones, we can empty the bench.  Derby couldn't. 
  • Options
    Any doubt that Clare is a right back? 
  • Options
    Get Gilbey off for Kirk with Payne coming inside 
    It's good he's showcasing himself I'd say.
  • Options
    LMAO commentator trying to give excuses for QPR
  • Options
    Listening on the audio is strange, but it seems that we are very much on top, and possession is high, we need to make this pressure count, all i can hear is the old boring "Your support etc" from the Rangers divs..still waiting for a shot on target it seems, but doing fine at the moment...
  • Options
    Actually think Gilbey and DJ have both been quite good. In fact I'd have Payne and DJ as the stand outs thus far.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JFC going for the 40 yard pass again - straight to goalie from a flat angle.
  • Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Attempt blocked. Ilias Chair (Queens Park Rangers) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked. Assisted by Macauley Bonne.

• Options
    1. 32'

Post update

Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 32'

Post update

Foul by Sam Field (Queens Park Rangers).

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Any doubt that Clare is a right back? 
    Wait for him to make one defensive mistake and then claim it proves he’s a midfielder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gilbey has done nothing.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    QPR have sold out the JS
    That is mental, Tuesday night and a nothing game. Great support
    No different from us playing away to a much bigger club to be fair 
    Having no London away day this season, we would probably have sold the maximum numbers tickets we were given if we played at Loftus Road today 
    We would have struggled to sell half of it on a Tuesday night, in a game where everyone was expecting us to play the kids
    Disagree, me and my lot would 100% been up for it had we been away to them, none of us could be arsed as we are at home 
  • Options
    DJ has been lively so far. I think O’Connell and Lavelle have been good too. 
  • Options
    Nice play and persistence by DJ.
  • Options
    DJ on a rampage. Gets Sam Field in the referee's notebook.
  • Options
    Actually think Gilbey and DJ have both been quite good. In fact I'd have Payne and DJ as the stand outs thus far.
    Don’t agree on Gilbey. Played well first 15 but now he’s running balls out, over hitting passes and generally just running round. DJ and Clare been very good 
  • Options
    1. 35'

Booking

Sam Field (Queens Park Rangers) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• Options
    Yep, DJ has had Sam Field on toast every time they’ve gone up against each other so far. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Been trying to find the pre  match sho on YouTube or the web site….where is it?
    No CATV today, Curbs is on holiday, again :-)

They can't stream it anywhere so not a lot of point.
    👍