Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Morgan & Fraser at 60ish?
    Never that old surely
  • Options
    JFC plays for himself to look good. 
  • Options
    1. 45'+1'

Post update

Attempt missed. Jake Forster-Caskey (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box.

• Options
    Payne wants a ruck - he's definitely all action!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    And fails 
  • Options
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Pretty lively.  Not bad.
  • Options
    We have played some good football in that half, just need a bit of enterprise in the final third.    
  • Options
    Half time stats:

CAFC-QPR
    Possession: 56-44
    Shots: 8-6
    On Target: 1-0
    Corners: 1-2
    Shots inside the box: 6-3
    Passing accuracy percentage: 91-86 (230/253-166/193)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I love the comments

25-30 year old player I like does something wrong/bad still learning the system init

25-30 year old player I don't like does something wrong "jog them on".

The bias, unconscious or not, is unbelievable. 
  • Options
    Good half of football. Playing some decent stuff and plenty of players putting in a good shift. Impressed with Clayden at left back. Had an early wobble but been good since. Leaburn caught on his toes a couple of times but that will come with more experience 
  • Options
    Few clear cut chances. We haven’t been shown up as markedly inferior but I’m not sure how much of their first team is out there. 
  • Options
    Decent enough half that with us more than matching QPR, especially for the first 25 minutes.

Payne, DJ looking very good for us.

Ive pointed this out previously, but why does JFC end up picking the ball up at left back loads? It was the same under Jackson and under Bowyer. It can’t be a tactical thing. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    mendonca said:
    Given he's not been on the bench for the first two games, I'd say thats very accurate given there is less than a month before the window closes - Not going to have many more chances to put himself in the shop window.
  • Options
    Surprised to see so many digging out JFC, thought he's been ok and really helped us tick. Gilbey is the one not really offering anything. We've looked decent but then lacking any kind of quality in the final third. 

I'd go Payne, JFC, Dobson in the middle and see if Kirk can do anything down the left with Clayden. 
  • Options
    That’s a very good half from Charlton. Watching on the Hesgoal stream and both teams seem evenly matched. Charlton have had the best of it. More attempts at Goal than QPR. We need to keep it going as I reckon QPR will go up a gear in the second half. All to play for #COYA
  • Options
    edited August 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I love the comments

25-30 year old play I like does something wrong/bad still learning the system init

25-30 year old player I don't like does something wrong "jog them on".

The bias, unconscious or not, is unbelievable. 
    Who is the one still learning the system at 25+?

JFC and Gilbey have been chuffed one because of his greed, the other because of his lack of positional awareness
  • Options
    I missed the first 45mins as my Son has been a pain in the Arsenal.

Has anyone really staked a claim for one of the starting eleven places in the League?
  • Options
    Payne looks a class above  the rest of our midfield
    Even with his back to goal he will turn smartly & find a through pass.
    The only one who plays with pace practically all the time.

• Options
    Half time replays repeatedly showing JFC pulling Field's shirt from a corner. He's a very lucky boy that the free kick went his way because that's a penalty on replay.
  • Options
    Good first half - far better than Saturday. Up against a strongish QPR lineup.

Payne looks very decent.
  • Options
    Thanks for the stream link, working well.

A lot to be impressed with in that first half.
  • Options
    Six of their team started on Saturday, and won.
  • Options
    just seen a replay … JFC lucky not to give away a penalty in that first half. He had hold of Field’s shirt when the ball came in from a corner 
  • Options
    Directors box face’s amongst others are Curbs, Mr Dangerfield, Chris Hughton, Carl Leaburn, Thomas Sandgaard, Rayleen Maloney, Lee Bowyer, Steve Avory, I thought I saw Dion Dublin and Jimmy Seed of CL wangled a posh seat too,
    Decent half of football.
  • Options
    I missed the first 45mins as my Son has been a pain in the Arsenal.

Has anyone really staked a claim for one of the starting eleven places in the League?
    DJ and Payne I'd say. Maybe Lavelle but I think he's had it fairly easy. Looked comfortable though.