Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Decent half for this new look team and tactics (for me). Defence looks ok, goalie hasn't had to make a save. Midfield is busy and working hard. Leaburn has had four half chances but not made anything of any of them yet. Apologies now but I will be calling him Carlo all season I suspect! Changes will come after an hour or so with Stockley a certainty along with Kirk. We have as good a chance as we have had for many years of progressing...COYA!
  • Options
    Nothing to dislike about that performance. Playing it out of the back with ease but then again QPR aren’t exactly pressing. O’Connell doing much better than his 1st half efforts on Saturday. Looks like we have able replacements to back up the first team squad!
  • Options
    Payne looks a class above  the rest of our midfield
    Even with his back to goal he will turn smartly & find a through pass.
    The only one who plays with pace practically all the time.

He's very very good
  • Options
    Watching stream.  Clayden nervy start but grown into it well.  Payne a little rottweiler.  Clare and Jayesimi working well together.  Dobson always everywhere.  Some nice touches from Leaburn.  JFC looking enthusiatic, Gilbey less so.  Apart from lack of goals - have enjoyed our play.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    DJ really has to get better a getting his passes past the first defender. 
    He's failed maybe twice? He's out about 6 balls in the box of 8?
    A lot seems to stop with DJ. I'm not getting why he is getting so much praise. Frustrating player in this game for me so far.
  • Options
    Few clear cut chances. We haven’t been shown up as markedly inferior but I’m not sure how much of their first team is out there. 
    Apparently QPR made 5 changes from their team that started their previous League match.

Charlton made 8 changes from theirs.

• Options
    Clayden has done fine. He needs a bit more of a plan about his game and what he wants to bring. But some good runs and crosses.
  • Options
    At the Valley and whatever else DJ worries them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    A lot seems to stop with DJ. I'm not getting why he is getting so much praise. Frustrating player in this game for me so far.
    He has had some good openings, but he doesn't buy himself the half-yard before he shoots. Makes it too easy for the defender. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    is it penalties if a draw at full time?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    He has had some good openings, but he doesn't buy himself the half-yard before he shoots. Makes it too easy for the defender. 
    I agree with that, needs to either get the shot away quicker or make a yard first. That or side pass.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I love the comments

25-30 year old play I like does something wrong/bad still learning the system init

25-30 year old player I don't like does something wrong "jog them on".

The bias, unconscious or not, is unbelievable. 
    Who is the one still learning the system at 25+?

JFC and Gilbey have been chuffed one because of his greed, the other because of his lack of positional awareness
    I would love to do some sort of statistical analysis of the words used in the match thread, and post match thread, and compare them with the statbank. 

Confirmation bias is much more prevelant in description than in actually rating the performance. 
  • Options
    DJ's delivery / finishing need to improve.
  • Options
    Stop calling him mcbeale
  • Options
    Enjoyed that first half. We take so much more care with the ball than in the last few years. You can see we’re still bedding this new style in. And that we need more of a cutting edge. 
    Payne looks good. 
  • Options
    Is the commentator on the stream saying ‘Mick Beale’ or ‘McBeale’.

Either are weird. 
  • Options
    Anyone got a stream? I'd be happy with commentary but even that has gone,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to the relative number of home and away fans, it's the sort of fixture which is more attractive to away fans, wherever it is played.

If tonight was at Loftus Road, it would be a decent away day for us while many of the QPR fans would just see it as a home game against a 3rd division side in a devalued cup
  • Options
    Is the commentator on the stream saying ‘Mick Beale’ or ‘McBeale’.

Either are weird. 
    Was wondering the same. 
  • Options
    Dobson in the way there
  • Options
    5629 attendance (2587 away, 3042 home).
  • Options
    Good idea from JFC not the best execution
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Sam Lavelle (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 46'

Post update

Foul by Ilias Chair (Queens Park Rangers).

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I missed the first 45mins as my Son has been a pain in the Arsenal.

Has anyone really staked a claim for one of the starting eleven places in the League?
    Clare proving he is one of the best right backs at this level. 

O'Connell looks significantly better.  And justifying me calling him as player of the year. 

Payne looks good.

JFC and Gilbey look like they haven't played in nearly 3 weeks...... 

Leaburn isn't a league 1 center forward, yet. 

Clayden something to work with. 
  • Options
    1. 47'

Post update

Diallang Jaiyesimi (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 47'

Post update

Foul by Niko Hämäläinen (Queens Park Rangers).

• Options
    Adoma* is a poor crosser
  • Options
    Leaburn has deceptive pace.