Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Under 2.5 goals in this one on the coupon ,  im going a hard earned 0-0 draw 
  • Options
    I thought Payne looked very handy v Derby and a bit lost v QPR.  I'm not sure I'd start him instead of Fraser.  Anyway, we'll see what Garner goes with which is the only thing that matters, of course.
  • Options
    Tough place to go against a decent rival. A point would be excellent but I think our first defeat if I’m honest. Sheffield Wed 2 - Charlton 0
  • Options
    0-1 with plenty of claims of terrible ref, diving and whatever else Wednesday fans cry about every time they lose to us. 
  • Options
    I think the heat will work in our favour. Wednesday like to play a hi tempo game at home and I think the heat will slow them down and possibly drinks breaks will break up play.

I would take a point so early in the season but three would be very welcome. 
  • Options
    Think Payne is a slightly better bet than Fraser. He’s much more dynamic. Having both available has to be a good thing though, especially in hot weather, when five substitutions are allowed. 
  • Options
    Would like to think I was the first to announce the Rak-Sakyi signing, by putting him on the bench for Saturday
  • Options
    The temperature's are going to be high 30 degrees, hopefully training down in London, where the temperatures are 35 degrees will give us an advantage!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    COYR
  • Options
    Hoping our pace will unsettle them.  Instead of pace they have good movement and passing and some clinical finishers. Need Dobson to disrupt their midfield play and stop killer balls into the front men from likes of Bannan. They don't have the pace to get behind our back line easily so stifle them.  I'm dangerously optimistic.
  • Options
    Hoping our pace will unsettle them.  Instead of pace they have good movement and passing and some clinical finishers. Need Dobson to disrupt their midfield play and stop killer balls into the front men from likes of Bannan. They don't have the pace to get behind our back line easily so stifle them.  I'm dangerously optimistic.
    They have Dele-Bashiru, who is probably as quick as CBT 
  • Options
    Ah man, I’d forgotten about Bannan, such a good player at this level. 
  • Options
    They have Dele-Bashiru, who is probably as quick as CBT 
    But he plays down the middle.
  • Options
    1-1 cbt on the score sheet again.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    They looked the better side against Sunderland last night - i'd take a draw - from FA's line up,  if mgrandles was a bit more up to speed, i'd play him in the middle and push Payne up in place of DJ. Will need everybody at full tilt for this one 

The Mackems were toothless last night IMO & were bullied by Wednesday IMO. 

The home side looked sharp on the ball but were not averse to rolling around ad infinitum when brushed by an opposition player....and I thought the ref was far too lenient in allowing them to get away with it.

Lee Gregory was subbed with the commentator indicating it looked like a hamstring niggle ...or worse if we're lucky ! 

Hopefully it will be a competitive  game, fairly officiated & another point or three for the Addicks.

The Fanackapans & friends will be there which, for us will be our last match in person until Exeter visit The Valley on September 10th , due to pet sitting for the family's 12 year old cavachon who can't be left home alone for any lengthy periods. 

Needs must but will be watching all the stream from either Wadhurst or "Tenerife"...

Onwards & upwards ! 
  • Options
    We need to stick Pratley on Bannan. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We always play better against the top teams. Confident, 2-1 to the Reds.
  • Options
    A decent(ish start), however i do think Sheffield Wednesday AKA The MASSIVE are going to be the team to beat this season, i said similar for Derby but think we will lose this one 2-1 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I have to be honest and say we have started more positively than I expected. We can't get too carried away IMO because we could have lost every game if luck tipped the other way, but conversely, we could have won every game too.

I can't see us getting anything from tomorrow but I don't think that is a rod to beat Garner with as it is probably up there with the toughest games of the season on paper.
  • Options
    Should always play to win and I think that will be our mentality for the whole no matter who we are against.

I would take a draw tomorrow as it will be difficult place to go. 

Honestly think we will sneak a 1-0 win after some intense pressure. 

Stockley to score.
  • Options
    People are way too confident for my liking, where’s the endless pessimism gone? 

5-0 to the Massive
  • Options
    I'd be happy to stay unbeaten, 1-1.
  • Options
    It is gonna be a warm un don't forget to hydrate yourselves down Kelham

Train strike, we've only sold about 700.
  • Options
    Enjoying the optimism on here, but would definitely take a point.