Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but wasn’t Crystal Palace a bit better than awful last season because they loaned a player from Chelsea?
    And Wealdstone stayed up because of loans from Charlton?
    I bet we’re paying decent money to loan JRS so Crystal Palace should be glad we have rescued a player from their poor development system, got him to a place with better coaching, and they’re getting money for it.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Really exciting signing, I hope he’s more Connor Gallagher than Nathan Eccleston. 

It’s going to be entertaining to see Stockley try and keep up with both him and CBT. 

The good thing about tricky feet player like Rak Sakyi is by the time they have beaten defenders a couple of time if not 3 times Jayden will be in the central position.
    CBT is a power player who can go inside or outside on either flank of down the centre similar to Pompey away.  Can't see them being on the field at the same time too often but Rak Sakyi will find League 1 defenders quite ruthless and great that we can now play CBT to maximize his talents by not flogging him to death. Same for Rak Sakyi as both are impact players who will scare League one defenders.
  • Options
    Plays like Saka or a more attacking version of Aribo is how I'd describe him for now to those who have not seen him.

He left a defender on his arse when dribbling one on one. Quite glad he missed now (and we won) as keeps 'areas for improvement' which we need from our forwards - shoot on sight.
  • Options
    Can't think of a better Charlton debut off the top of my head.  He was magnificent & clearly a special talent.

Reminded me of Ronaldo's debut for Man Utd all those years ago.
  • Options
    JRS took the p*ss with the ball at times last night and made more than one or two of Plymouth’s players exceptionally dizzy. They are no slouches and will be a top half side. JRS now offers us another dimension and putting two on him won’t be enough, while hurting the opposition with the space it creates when teams try it. 

One hope I have is that CBT is treated very fairly and gets enough game time, as he deserves it, like Dobbo (when we were speculating McGrandles may move in). 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    CBT could learn a lot by watching JRS's movement along the line. Particularly the way he shapes his runs to stay onside and get in behind. (There'd be no catching CBT if he did that).
  • Options
    I have it on good authority (ex-cousin with links into Palace) that we've agreed a deal that he plays (subject to fitness) and that we are paying 50% of his wages.  Not sure if there is a minimum number of games or if we'll see him as a regular starter...but I suspect he will be...and after last night can't see a problem with that!
  • Options
    JRS took the p*ss with the ball at times last night and made more than one or two of Plymouth’s players exceptionally dizzy. They are no slouches and will be a top half side. JRS now offers us another dimension and putting two on him won’t be enough, while hurting the opposition with the space it creates when teams try it. 

One hope I have is that CBT is treated very fairly and gets enough game time, as he deserves it, like Dobbo (when we were speculating McGrandles may move in). 
    CBT should definitely get enough games. Garner now has good options where he can easily rotate.

For example:
    A game with Kirk/JRS
    Next game with CBT/JRS
    Next game with Kirk/CBT
    Next game Kirk/JRS

Not saying that's what will happen and it obviously will be dependent on form, but it's possible to not really weaken the team that much whilst giving each player a rest every 3rd game.

DJ i feel isn't at their level so he will mainly be a sub option or used in cup games.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    I have it on good authority (ex-cousin with links into Palace) that we've agreed a deal that he plays (subject to fitness) and that we are paying 50% of his wages.  Not sure if there is a minimum number of games or if we'll see him as a regular starter...but I suspect he will be...and after last night can't see a problem with that!
    these happen quite a lot, it doesn't mean we have to play him it just means when we do, we only pay 50% of his wages if we dont, it goes up/he goes back
  • Options
    This kid is a future star if he keeps his head down and grafts. What amazes me is when you look at him he looks about 15 and really slight but bloody hell he can play football. Hopefully we can keep him for the full season and he develops as it will be something to watch and admire. No wonder CP wouldnt let him go before signing a new contract.

As others have said the thought of him & CBT will have defenders shitting themselves this season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I bet that opening goal was satisfying for Gallen. Sounds like he had to do the full charm offensive to get him, with clubs higher up trying to sign him. So to see him score on debut must have made it all worth it. 
  • Options
    There is a case that CBT is more effective on the left.
  • Options
    As Curbs said in the post-match, the next manager is going to be watching those highlights thinking "Oh dear, that's a problem."
  • Options
    1min in. Whose skill was that in releasing Rak-Sakyi? Looks like Fraser. It's very good whoever it is.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We’ve had a fair few exciting debuts in recent years which have ended up with players being either unable to maintain those levels or develop further.

Feels like that won’t happen with this lad.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    1min in. Whose skill was that in releasing Rak-Sakyi? Looks like Fraser. It's very good whoever it is.
    Correct.
  • Options
    Rak - Sakyi will probably have been a bit of a surprise to Plymouth but Cambridge will be putting some plans in place for him this Saturday - whether they can do that for CBT as well is another matter so would be one reason for playing both at the same time - do Cambridge have enough defenders that can compete / double up on these two at the same time?     
  • Options
    Or do we flummox them and start him on the bench Saturday ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Can see where this is heading. Lets treat Palace with respect (as fans) as it's all we can do 
    Never. Scumbags.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Can see where this is heading. Lets treat Palace with respect (as fans) as it's all we can do 
    Just put my foot through the tele...you what?
  • Options
    I hope it does not happen, but sadly I feel like he will be moved into the championship if he absolutely dominates up until January and the right club coming looking. Palace will only care about his development. 
  • Options
    The amount of Palace bites in the replies to this tweet is glorious.
    Putting that on Twitter for Palace to see is cringeworthy imo. They are hardly 'bites' when they state the plain and simple awful truth of our comparative league positions with comments like this:

'You are making our players better and then sending them back to us. Say what you want it won’t make a difference'

We can't take the piss of out Palace - you're inversely taking the piss out of ourselves. It's best to keep quiet.
    Just a bit of harmless banter. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    A lot of his best bits of play happened in front of the JS stand, so it was quite hard to what was occurring from the Covered End. If he gets subbed on 60 or 70 mins we’ll end up feeling cheated. 

Also, when Gallagher got switched to Swansea, wasn’t it because we weren’t playing great football at the time, and he was doing a lot of donkey work?
    I think our new style of play is ideal for Jes’s development and confidence. Also, he seems quite a quiet young lad, and I doubt they’d want him switched to somewhere further away, where he might not settle in. 
    🤞
  • Options
    I hope it does not happen, but sadly I feel like he will be moved into the championship if he absolutely dominates up until January and the right club coming looking. Palace will only care about his development. 
    They do but I think that might actually work in our favour. A full season at League 1 level with familiar faces is probably better at his age than chopping and changing halfway through, plus Garner's reputation for development and improvement of players (and his links to Palace, plus those of Gallen and Sandgaard apparently getting on well with their CEO) probably means we get him for one season.

If we DO go up then maybe we'd even be the Championship club on question but that really is putting the cart before the horse admittedly.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    lots of people getting very excited about Ruk-Sakyi, cant help but feel we're carrying him a bit though
  • Options
    lots of people getting very excited about Ruk-Sakyi, cant help but feel we're carrying him a bit though
    Bags of potential though
  • Options
    Finally the term 'cheat code' actually has some meaning. Can't wait to see how he gets on over the season.