Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    Meh! they couldn't take a few more back with him, that might help.
  • Options
    He’s not going to have developed much surrounded by a team of failures is he
  • Options
    That's why he left Palace.
  • Options
    We’ve become a feeder club for the spanners, who are a feeder club for the nigels. 🤮
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    That's why he left Palace.
    Ha ha nice 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Do loan players always have to play for clubs that are doing well? Surely, part of a young player's development is learn that things aren't always so easy. If I was at Palace, I'd leave him be because he's playing EVERY week and normally getting lots of minutes too....not just 10 mins here and there. Opponents also now know some of his tricks and that he tends to turn inside a lot. It's up to R-S to find a way to keep one step ahead. Being a sub for Millwall isn't going to help much in that regard. 
  • Options
    He’s also getting Charltonised 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Do loan players always have to play for clubs that are doing well? Surely, part of a young player's development is learn that things aren't always so easy. If I was at Palace, I'd leave him be because he's playing EVERY week and normally getting lots of minutes too....not just 10 mins here and there. Opponents also now know some of his tricks and that he tends to turn inside a lot. It's up to R-S to find a way to keep one step ahead. Being a sub for Millwall isn't going to help much in that regard. 
    Remind me why Gallagher went to Swansea.
  • Options
    Of which he is one.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Remind me why Gallagher went to Swansea.
    I didn't agree with that either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of which he is one.
    Well he is now, but that’s my point.
  • Options
    Rumours on social media that he's being recalled and sent on loan to Barnsley
  • Options
    Rumours on social media that he's being recalled and sent on loan to Barnsley
    Started off like a house on fire ended last year like a damp squib. Hailed as the next Zaha but has flattered to deceive in a struggling side. If he’s on his bike good luck to the lad, thanks for the highlights and all the best for the future which I’m sure will be rosey.
  • Options
    Good luck to him still young and we're a shitshow so not really fair to judge him too harshly 
  • Options
    No great loss in my opinion , as long as we get in another option to replace 
  • Options
    Have really enjoyed some of his performances - he has a class touch, but some of his misses and choices prove he is a rookie at this stage who perhaps we cannot afford to rely upon while battling away from the drop zone. Hope he stays on balance, but if a more wiley forward was the trade off, would make sense I suppose. 
  • Options
    Makes us weaker losing him. I can see why Barnsley would be interested. Up there earlier in the season he was very effective against them in another generally lacklustre defeat. He’ll do better there than at our shitshow. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    He could frustrate at times but he looks like the confidence has been drained out of him since he's been here. Makes sense that they move him on to a side that's winning games. Watch him start to waltz this league again soon. 

A lost opportunity and leaves us even shorter. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It might be a mutual-consent type of thing. Perhaps we've also decided he's not what we need in a relegation scrap and are confident of replacing him. 
  • Options
    I shan't miss him, thought he was average with occasional spasms of good feet in the box, but not what we need.
  • Options
    jams said:
    No great loss in my opinion , as long as we get in another option to replace 
    That's our usual MO
  • Options
    I am frustrated but can understand why Palace want him moved on. He was very much a Garner signing.

I did wonder when we were linked with Shane Ferguson whether this might occur. JRS has also been on the bench for the last couple of games under Holden as well.

• Options
    Last few games he couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

If we're playing 352 he doesn't get a look in anyway as he's not a striker or a wing back, at least CBT has played LWB before
  • Options
    I know a youth coach at Palace. They’re really concerned that his development has stalled with us and he only really went to us in the first place because of Ben Garners reputation with them.

Ultimately losing him means we’re left with Kirk, DJ and CBT as wingers which is a disaster in a relegation battle.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Would you want your young talent to be exposed to this shit show? I certainly wouldn't.
    Would think the Leaburns are thinking along the same lines.
  • Options
    We probably need to bring in 7 or 8 players just to change the mentality around the players. (Not saying that is going to happen). No doubt that confidence (of all players) is on the low side. So if he needs to go to free up a squad place then fine.