Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warning: Appliances Direct

13»

Comments

• Options
    Bloke came today, said installers were a bunch of cowboys and said they hadn't done the hose properly. Put it on drain and spin and said leave it and it will work now. Less than 5 minutes after he left it all started lighting up with errors again. Called them and said I wanted a full refund. They said the would give a refund for machine and installation but not scrap of old machine. I said fine, I was going to sue you for the damage to my hall carpet for that anyway. They agreed to refund that if I left it there. I insisted they gave me all this in writing.

I will also get every detail possible from the collection driver before he leaves as the refund starts when they get it. He isn't going to enjoy the nth degree he is going to get but if they lose it it is hassle. His van is going to be photographed with washing machine in it :)

Hi,

We would like to let you know that we will collect the faulty unit on 19/8  Friday. To summarize all that we agreed for today , we agreed that you will get a full refund once the item is back to us and that includes the installation refund and the scrap refund. Also we are good for you to drain the washing before it gets collected . Please keep your lines open for further collection updates . Thank you .

Kind Regards
    Gladys
    Customer Services Team

Who is called Gladys anymore FFS!
    Watch Hi-de-Hi Season 8 Episode 6 Online - Stream Full Episodes
  • Options
    Carpetright returned for the 3rd time today and low and behold the replacement carpet had once again been cut too short. They are utterly utterly absolutely useless %&%$&%$ $%&%$.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I think one of the problems with Appliances Direct and other similar companies today is that nobody owns your problem. Somebody else picks up on it at every contact. So it is easier for the same errors to occur.
  • Options
    Carpetright returned for the 3rd time today and low and behold the replacement carpet had once again been cut too short. They are utterly utterly absolutely useless %&%$&%$ $%&%$.
    what before it got to you, or the fitter cut it too short in situ?
  • Options
    Bin them off and go and see CarpetsforLess in Orpington. Tony, say I sent you.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cut too short in the factory, from measurements given by the shop.
    Useless %$&%$.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Rob7Lee said:
    Cut too short in the factory, from measurements given by the shop.
    Useless %$&%$.
    Classic Spinal Tap at the factory or the shop?

• Options
    Carpetright are no better. The landing carpet didn't fit under the doorbars sufficiently and they made a 6 foot scratch along a newly painted bedroom wall.
    They came back and tried to stretch the carpet.
    It still wasn't fully under the door bar and the fitter was saying it was.
    We were getting nowhere, you can't discuss sensibly with someone lying to your face.
    Carpetright said take it up with the fitters as under their own (self employed) separate contract.
    Manager says talk to customer services, customer services say talk to the manager.
    They are now cutting new landing carpet and due to re fit.
    This is the short version.
    Also, their underlay and grippers are vastly over priced and I knocked them down by 30% before placing the order.
    Avoid.
    PS I paid the fitters in cash before I saw the 6 foot scratch along the bedroom wall.
    It was the day after the record temperature and still tooo hot.
    I painted the scratch with what I thought was a matching paint, but now have a clear paint line in stead of a scratch. Any suggestions apart from repainting the whole room?
    scrape off another chunk of paint at least as big as an old 50p piece, keep it whole and take it to B&Q to get a 'sample' pot mixed up by their paint matching service
    That sample pot will be plenty big enough for your scratch
    We did the same to cover a hole we had to cut through a partition to retro fit some electrics.  Sample pot was about £3.  You can see the join in certain light but the colour's a remarkable match.  They said they keep the paint code for time after, cos they're expecting you to go back and buy tins.