Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man Utd v Charlton 1986

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Can anyone remember if we played Forest that week as well…..
    Yes on a Wednesday night 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Missed this game as had a wedding to attend but went to the Forest game the Wednesday night before. Got stuffed 4-0 & soaked as it pissed down all night & no roof on the away end.  This was the first time I heard the yippeeio song sung as there was a good turnout of the boys for this game
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Missed this game as had a wedding to attend but went to the Forest game the Wednesday night before. Got stuffed 4-0 & soaked as it pissed down all night & no roof on the away end.  This was the first time I heard the yippeeio song sung as there was a good turnout of the boys for this game
    I was on holiday in N Wales with 3 mates in a caravan, there was an almighty storm on the Tuesday night and the roof of our caravan peeled off followed by the walls collapsing. We were drenched along with our belongings and had to spend the rest of the night in a camp site building. Even though we were offered an alternative caravan, we declined and decided to piss off home but not before I had managed to convince my mates that Nottingham was not too far out of our way (we were heading for Stockport) and talked them in to going to see us play Forest. We got absolutely soaked again on that uncovered terrace, I had 3 well pissed off mates that day!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Can anyone remember if we played Forest that week as well…..
    Yes on a Wednesday night 
    Pissed down the whole night. Stuck in the corner section no cover.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Where did/does the Yippeio song come from? One of the my favourites - proper old skool – and I know Villa sing it too. Does anybody else?
  • Options
    Was there with a mate who 'supported' United.
    Great day.
  • Options
    Went with me brother who’s a Leeds fan he said before game every time he had been to old Trafford Man Utd had never won had been with Leeds and some West Ham mates about 5 times. I remember saying well that will end today. 
    Unbelievable day bit like play off final with Sunderland didn’t think it was true and I was going to wake up. 
    Loved our adidas kits as well in them days. 
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Where did/does the Yippeio song come from? One of the my favourites - proper old skool – and I know Villa sing it too. Does anybody else?
    Think the original tune was from Ghost Riders in the Sky by Johnny Cash amongst others, but no idea how/why we adopted it. 
  • Options
    I was there and drank after the game in Altrincham.

We got the midnight train which used to almost go to North Wales and got to Euston for the Tubes opening the next day.
  • Options
    Following this game didn't we duly lose at 'home' to Wimbledon? Late doors from Dennis Wise 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Following this game didn't we duly lose at 'home' to Wimbledon? Late doors from Dennis Wise 
    Yep...following Tuesday. Talk about a come down. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Ferryman said:
    Yep...following Tuesday. Talk about a come down. 
    Last minute too.
  • Options
    801912601 said:
    Think the original tune was from Ghost Riders in the Sky by Johnny Cash amongst others, but no idea how/why we adopted it. 
    First time I heard it was at that Forest away game. Group of about 3-4 blokes near us started singing it a large part of the game - when they weren’t making monkey noises at Franz Carr as he tore us apart
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    801912601 said:
    First time I heard it was at that Forest away game. Group of about 3-4 blokes near us started singing it a large part of the game - when they weren’t making monkey noises at Franz Carr as he tore us apart
    Pretty sure I heard it (not the Franz Carr bit) at The Valley before we left…