Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Ebbsfleet Vs Fleetwood must be a potential TV game I'd imagine
    If that's on TV, I'll download the Captain Pugwash theme to play along with every Fleetwood goal  :D
  • Ipswich labouring against a resolute Bracknell side, 0-0 after 37 mins. Expect Ipswich fitness to tell in the second half
  • One of the pre season favs to win L2. Got some wedge behind them now. Won't be an easy game and if we rest players it is a definite upset possibility. 

• Home draw. Perfect. We might just have an interesting run in the cups this season. When has that ever happened in the last 30 years?
  • Yes, as commented, Stockport have an excellent following and will probably fill the Jimmy Seed stand. A good league two side with a progressive owner. Going to be a tough fixture. Hope we can get a good support on the day.
  • 6/10 draw, relatively tough and would fear for us away, but at home should go through?
    Dull draw all round I thought 
  • Every indication that Garner takes the FA Cup and League Cup seriously. I don't see any reason why we wouldn't field a team at least as strong as the one that faced Coalville on Saturday.
  • Still not convinced we will not balls this up!

Reckon we'll lose 0-1 to this lot and they will pull Tottenham at WHL in the next round.

OR...
  • Matt Holland does not fucking age!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    Stockport fans not really happy about the draw. They do not seem to fancy a trip to Charlton on their forums
  • Valley11 said:
    Home draw. Perfect. We might just have an interesting run in the cups this season. When has that ever happened in the last 30 years?
    We've had fairly favourable draws so far. The toughest game was QPR in the EFL Cup, but that was at least at home, otherwise we've had no team higher than L2.
  • edited November 2022
    Hadn’t realised they’d got back in the Football League. 

Had a couple of good away days at Stockport. They’re a decent club and will bring a good following. They won’t have had a decent London day out in a big stadium for a few years. 

Let’s hope a few more of ours show an interest 
  • Valley11 said:
    Home draw. Perfect. We might just have an interesting run in the cups this season. When has that ever happened in the last 30 years?
    We got to the quarter finals and lost to Middlesbrough, Operation Riverside.
  • Not a bad tie, winnable and they will think the same. Wonder if Stockport Addict will make the trip.

As a side note well done Ebbsfleet Utd another home tie, would be wonderful to see them get through to the 3rd round.
  • Ebbsfleet Vs Fleetwood must be a potential TV game I'd imagine
    I do hope so thats my 12 hr days weekend and cant go to Charton or Ebbsfleet so moving to a friday or monday night would be great, though maybe the consideration of the travelling Fleetwood fans may stop it.
  • Will TV be calling it the Fleet derby?
  • Is Jimmy Melrose involved with Stockport ?
  • One of the pre season favs to win L2. Got some wedge behind them now. Won't be an easy game and if we rest players it is a definite upset possibility. 

No reason to rest players, November's not a busy month. Play a full strength team and get the job done
    We'll have a big Papa Johns trophy last 32 game the midweek before Stockport. Draw for that is this week i think.

The quadruple is still on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have decent travelling support
  • 25th, 26th and 27th Nov all have 4 WC games on each day.

Saturday at 3pm would clash with France v Denmark

wonder what time/day will be selected
  • wont be able to attend this one as already got plans and will be hungover from the england game the night before probably. 

stockport will likely bring a large following and can see them turning us over
  • edited November 2022
    Not a bad tie, winnable and they will think the same. Wonder if Stockport Addict will make the trip.

As a side note well done Ebbsfleet Utd another home tie, would be wonderful to see them get through to the 3rd round.
    I certainly would have done @Chippycafc but I live in Portugal so my days of popping down to the Valley are long gone sadly. My phone was a bit lively for a couple of hours after the draw!

My son said last night about 15 of his mates have already said they are going who he will travel down with, they are looking in to a minibus for themselves or join one of the official coaches. If it's the latter, I'd love to be a fly on the coach wall when my son gets on with his Charlton shirt on, which no doubt he will lol.
  • Mike said:
    They'll sell out the JS we could well be outnumbered this time!
    Hard to judge crowds as it's in the middle of the World Cup group stages, but it's our only home fixture until the 2nd December, so surely that should encourage a few more?
    Avanti Rail is in a pretty shit state atm so might reduce their numbers.

I'm pretty sure English clubs don't care about clashing with that.
    well it's a better game than the lunchtime option (Poland v Saudi Arabia) so if I was to go to the cup game I'd rather it was a lunchtime KO
  • Not sure if this was mentioned on this thread already. But before the draw yesterday when they were speaking to Jermaine Beckford he said:

’The luck of the draw is on the side of the winners’

In my covidy state I’ve been trying to wrap my head around if that was the most profound thing I’ve ever heard or if Jermaine panicked and just made up some random crap on the spot.

I'm pretty sure English clubs don't care about clashing with that.
    well it's a better game than the lunchtime option (Poland v Saudi Arabia) so if I was to go to the cup game I'd rather it was a lunchtime KO
    Welcome to the board Thomas, I know you won't want to miss the Denmark game  ;)
  • wont be able to attend this one as already got plans and will be hungover from the england game the night before probably. 

stockport will likely bring a large following and can see them turning us over
    Do you mean on the pitch or terraces....or both?