Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Derby vs Torquay (BBC)
    Salford City vs Peterborough (ITV)

Are the replays picked for TV coverage - Decent job from ITV picking their tie when there are five replays involving Non-League teams!! 
  • Ebbsfleet Vs Fleetwood must be a potential TV game I'd imagine
    Confirmed.  12.30 kick off live on ITV on the Sunday
  • The live UK television schedule for the Emirates FA Cup’s second round proper has been confirmed, and it can be seen in full below.

SATURDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2022

• King’s Lynn Town v Stevenage at 12.45pm GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport online

• Forest Green Rovers v Alvechurch at 3pm GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport online

SUNDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2022

• Ebbsfleet United v Fleetwood Town at 12.30pm GMT on ITV and ITV Hub

• Newport County v Torquay United or Derby County at 3.15pm GMT on ITV and ITV Hub

Live broadcast fees of £60,000 will be distributed to these clubs in addition to any payments from the competition’s prize fund.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/nov/09/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-proper-broadcast-ties-confirmed-20220911

• clive said:

The live UK television schedule for the Emirates FA Cup’s second round proper has been confirmed, and it can be seen in full below.

• King’s Lynn Town v Stevenage at 12.45pm GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport online

• Forest Green Rovers v Alvechurch at 3pm GMT on BBC One, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport online

SUNDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2022

• Newport County v Torquay United or Derby County at 3.15pm GMT on ITV and ITV Hub

Live broadcast fees of £60,000 will be distributed to these clubs in addition to any payments from the competition’s prize fund.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/nov/09/emirates-fa-cup-second-round-proper-broadcast-ties-confirmed-20220911

Smack in the middle of the World Cup group stage, when the BBC and ITV have a ridiculous number of games to cover, so not ideal. Both days have FOUR WC games as well, so I can't imagine the viewing figures will be great, indeed this is one occasion when the sensible thing would have been to not televise any of them, and give non football viewers something else to watch!
  • Looks to me like ITV will have World Cup coverage on Saturday and the BBC on Sunday… :-)
  • So they can show a live game at 3pm on the Saturday? 
  • clive said:

The live UK television schedule for the Emirates FA Cup’s second round proper has been confirmed, and it can be seen in full below.

SUNDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2022

Derby are getting well and truly sucked off by the BBC and ITV arent they

Nice that Alvechurch are getting a tie on the box this time round
  • clive said:

SUNDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2022

Derby are getting well and truly sucked off by the BBC and ITV arent they

Nice that Alvechurch are getting a tie on the box this time round
    Yes someting not quite right about the way the money is distributed for TV. Derby will have made about £125k from TV for playing non league sides. 
  • Let's hope Torquay do them in the replay.
  • Sponsored links:

• ASLEF have called a strike on Saturday 26/11/2022, if we play on this day it will mean no Southeastern services stopping at Charlton, Thameslink services between Luton/Rainham via Central London via Charlton should be running a normal service.
    https://aslef.org.uk/publications/aslef-announces-another-day-strike-action
  • clive said:
    ASLEF have called a strike on Saturday 26/11/2022, if we play on this day it will mean no Southeastern services stopping at Charlton, Thameslink services between Luton/Rainham via Central London via Charlton should be running a normal service.
    https://aslef.org.uk/publications/aslef-announces-another-day-strike-action
    A pity for the Stockport fans (and, indeed, for ours who live further afield), as the rail strike is bound to depress what would otherwise have been a very healthy away following. 
  • Ebbsfleet Vs Fleetwood must be a potential TV game I'd imagine
    I do hope so thats my 12 hr days weekend and cant go to Charton or Ebbsfleet so moving to a friday or monday night would be great, though maybe the consideration of the travelling Fleetwood fans may stop it.
    TV kindly considering the Fleetwood fans and giving them a 250+ mile trip for a 12.30 Sunday kick off!
  • So... when are we playing? 
    Tomorrow 3pm at Burton😁
    According to the FA website 15.00 Saturday 26th November, but it would be good if either of  the clubs could confirm this, especially for the Stockport fans who need to plan their travel around the rail strike planned for this day.
    https://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures
  • 25th, 26th and 27th Nov all have 4 WC games on each day.

Saturday at 3pm would clash with France v Denmark

wonder what time/day will be selected
    I'm pretty sure English clubs don't care about clashing with that.
    But the BBC do. Couldn’t give a monkey’s over Div 1 , Div2 and FA Cup as final score not on until after Christmas.
  • The Addicks will host Stockport County in the Emirates FA Cup second round on Saturday, November 26th (3pm) and tickets are now on sale.

Tickets for the cup clash will be available in the Covered End Lower and West Lower. 

Click here to get your tickets for Charlton v Stockport County.

PRICES:

Adult: £10

Over 65/U21: £5

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/stockport-fa-cup-tickets-sale-now

• At these prices it would be nice to see a decent turnout 
  • France v Denmark on at 4pm. 

Think I'll stay at home & watch that.

FIFA, EFL, FA have only themselves to blame. 
  • Sponsored links:

I'm sure they care about you 
  • Derby vs Torquay on the BBC tonight... Imagine Lucas Ness will be involved with the latter

Who would chose to watch an international game not involving their country over their own club in the FA Cup?

Bonkers 
    Have to admit I’m not going to trek up from sunny East Sussex for it for a number of reasons with one of them being, but not the main one, that the World Cup is on. When the World Cup is normally on there is no Club football and I’d watch as many games as is humanly possible. Stockport is not a big enough draw for me especially when the Club will only open stands that they want you to sit in, not where you’d prefer to sit, nor run Valley Express as they normally do.
  • Thank fuck that wasn't Ness who just scored that magnificent own goal.
  • edited November 2022
    France v Denmark on at 4pm. 

Who would chose to watch an international game not involving their country over their own club in the FA Cup?

Bonkers 
    Because its the World Cup which only happens every 4 years. And we are playing Stockport. And we have half our team injured. And our owner decided not to spend any money in the summer & so brought it on himself. And the "big leagues" were able to pause playing but the lower league ones had to continue playing. And as I am not allowed to post Premier League scores on match threads because its "oh so important" half a dozen people want to watch Match of the Day 5 hours after games have finished & dont want to know the score I cant be arsed.

Care for any more reasons. 

Bonkers 
    Because its the World Cup which only happens every 4 years. And we are playing Stockport. And we have half our team injured. And our owner decided not to spend any money in the summer & so brought it on himself. And the "big leagues" were able to pause playing but the lower league ones had to continue playing. And as I am not allowed to post Premier League scores on match threads because its "oh so important" half a dozen people want to watch Match of the Day 5 hours after games have finished & dont want to know the score I cant be arsed.

I’d like three more reasons please and can the middle one begin with a “g”?

Bonkers 

No that’s fine. Apologies, it’s completely my fault, it should have been obvious that the reason you won’t attend to support your club is because around 13 years ago someone said not to post scores from another league on an Internet forum thread :-) 
  • Most Charlton fans wouldn’t attend this fixture if it was the only game being played in the world at this time, never mind against the World Cup. Shopping, sleeping, eating and drinking will all take precedence.