Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Options
    Good pricing really. 

£20 for me and the kids...save that on heating by being out the house for the day 
  • Options
    Stockport are effectively my second team so looking forward to this. Will be a tough game.
  • Options
    Stockport are effectively my second team so looking forward to this. Will be a tough game.
    Not a phrase I expected to read on here  :D
  • Options
    France v Denmark on at 4pm. 

Think I'll stay at home & watch that.

FIFA, EFL, FA have only themselves to blame. 
    Who would chose to watch an international game not involving their country over their own club in the FA Cup?

Bonkers 
    I'm not sure that's entirely fair. This isn't a friendly between Finland and Bulgaria, but rather the reigning champions first game in the World Cup, and against a decent side.

And seeing that there were only 3000-3500 home fans in the 1st round of the cup with no "TV" competition, it would hardly be a surprise if the TV wins out for this game.
  • Options

Who would chose to watch an international game not involving their country over their own club in the FA Cup?

Bonkers 
    Was you at the Bromley meeting with either Bowyer or Robinson?
    I was moaning about us playing too much of a strong side in the Fa Cup.
    One of them said there's about 3 or 4 1st teamers in.
    I said that's 3 too many.
    Even if the world cup wasn't on I would be going to the Stockport game
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Glad to see there have been some upsets after some rudimentary wins for Portsmouth | Forest Green on the TV and now Charlton.

Alvechurch went into the round as the lowest team left in the competition, and remain in the competition having beaten Cheltenham 1-2 (It was a repeat of Charlton vs Coalville in terms of Leagues), although Alvechurch are bottom four at present.

Boreham Wood | Buxton | Chesterfield | Chippenham | Kings Lynn | Ebbsfleet | Dag & Red | Farnborough will join them in the next round from Non-League - There are a couple of replays with the following Non-League teams (in bold) still standing a chance of getting through to the 2nd Round.

AFC Flyde vs Gillingham
    Barnet vs Chelmsford City
    Solihull Moors vs Hartlepool United

Of course there are still outstanding games tomorrow, and Monday so that number can increase.

Curzon Ashton vs Cambridge United
    Woking vs Oxford United
    Torquay United vs Derby County
    From the replays... So far Barnet are the only Non-League team to advance.

Both Curzon Ashton and Solihull Moors took their games to penalties, but failed to win them

Woking can join Barnet, their replay is tomorrow
  • Options
    People moan about cups losing their significance and then make zero effort to attend. 
  • Options

Bonkers 
    I'm not sure that's entirely fair. This isn't a friendly between Finland and Bulgaria, but rather the reigning champions first game in the World Cup, and against a decent side.

And seeing that there were only 3000-3500 home fans in the 1st round of the cup with no "TV" competition, it would hardly be a surprise if the TV wins out for this game.
    I think this world cup will be great at showing just how important the 3pm blackout is. 
  • Options
    Do clubs get compensated for playing games during the World Cup ?
  • Options
    Most of my family are still in Stockport...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:

Bonkers 
    Was you at the Bromley meeting with either Bowyer or Robinson?
    I was moaning about us playing too much of a strong side in the Fa Cup.
    One of them said there's about 3 or 4 1st teamers in.
    I said that's 3 too many.
    Even if the world cup wasn't on I would be going to the Stockport game
    This makes no sense. Did you mean to say " even if the World Cop was on I would be going to the Stockport game".  Because the argument is that because the World Cup IS on then people (like me) wont go to the game. Obviously if the WC wasn't on I'd probably go......unless I was washing my hair.
  • Options
    Most Charlton fans wouldn’t attend this fixture if it was the only game being played in the world at this time, never mind against the World Cup. Shopping, sleeping, eating and drinking will all take precedence.
    You forgot hair washing.
  • Options
    Having read this thread I’m now torn between getting out, going to the game as intended, having a few beers, watching Charlton or sitting at home watching some multi millionaire footballers from two nations I won’t give a shit about who wins but who will no doubt make some pointless political statements or gestures we will all ignore and following the game at the valley on charlton life because that’s really the only game I’d be interested in. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Having read this thread I’m now torn between getting out, going to the game as intended, having a few beers, watching Charlton or sitting at home watching some multi millionaire footballers from two nations I won’t give a shit about who wins but who will no doubt make some pointless political statements or gestures we will all ignore and following the game at the valley on charlton life because that’s really the only game I’d be interested in. 
    Might just join you.....🤭

Edit.

Actually, one if the main reasons for not wanting to go much is that Golfie Jnr is away that weekend & I find going to football on your own isn't that much fun.

Over the 50 years I've been supporting the  club I've always gone with others, either with my parents & siblings or then when I had children with them. @LargeAddick has already indicated that he probably wont be going so it would mean me going on my own, sitting on my own (in a different seat in a different part of the ground so no vaguely familiar faces) and then coming back home on my own.

Add to that the weather & the fact the WC is on then is it no surprise I dont have "FA Cup fever". 

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Might just join you.....🤭

Edit.

Actually, one if the main reasons for not wanting to go much is that Golfie Jnr is away that weekend & I find going to football on your own isn't that much fun.

Over the 50 years I've been supporting the  club I've always gone with others, either with my parents & siblings or then when I had children with them. @LargeAddick has already indicated that he probably wont be going so it would mean me going on my own, sitting on my own (in a different seat in a different part of the ground so no vaguely familiar faces) and then coming back home on my own.

Add to that the weather & the fact the WC is on then is it no surprise I dont have "FA Cup fever". 

I can’t remember the last time, if ever, i went to the Valley on my own, because friends/family couldn’t make it, and I still didn’t end up talking to at least one person, or often more than one, even if it’s just a few words. 
  • Options
    There is now a train strike on 26th November 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    The strike was announced last week & as i mentioned earlier in this thread, the strike is by ASLEF drivers & means that there will be no Southeastern services but Thameslink trains should be calling at Charlton station as normal.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-action
  • Options
    clive said:
    shine166 said:
    The strike was announced last week & as i mentioned earlier in this thread, the strike is by ASLEF drivers & means that there will be no Southeastern services but Thameslink trains should be calling at Charlton station as normal.
    https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/industrial-action
    Fair enough, I only saw it yesterday.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree, bought my ticket today.
  • Options
    Stockport are effectively my second team too.

You have heard it twice now @killerandflash ;)
  • Options
    Stockport are effectively my second team too.

You have heard it twice now @killerandflash ;)
    Dirty Northern Bastards  ;)
  • Options
    The train strike that day will lower the crowd numbers. As there will be no trains to Charlton from London and non or few from Keny.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    msomerton said:
    The train strike that day will lower the crowd numbers. As there will be no trains to Charlton from London and non or few from Keny.
    Except that there will be, Thameslink to London Bridge and east to Dartford and beyond.
  • Options

The Covered End Fans’ Bar will open at 1pm on Saturday for our Emirates FA Cup second round tie against Stockport County (KO 3pm GMT) and will close at 6pm - one hour after the full0time whistle.

The Fans’ Bar will be showing live football all day with two World Cup fixtures being shown - Poland v Saudi Arabia (KO 1pm) and France v Denmark (KO 4pm).

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/fans-bar-opening-times-changed-stockport-tie

• Options
    Anyone know how many County are bringing? Been very well supported in recent years but no details on their website.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ebbsfleet vs Fleetwood on ITV in 15mins - Chris Solly starts for the hosts

Wiredu starts for Fleetwood
  • Options
    They just said Fleetwood have two hundred fans here; about a hundred more than they bring to the Valley over the last couple of visits.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Good to see the player coach of Ebbsfleet Chris Solly playing CB where he can use his height.🤔