Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - June 2023: 1 year contract extension confirmed (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Lavelle has one more year left remaining on his contract so unless you want to pay him off he’s here next season alongside Jaiyesimi, Kirk and McGrandles.

Someone needs to want those type of players for their squads otherwise it’s going to be an expensive business paying them off.

Bide your time and they will eventually leave. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I would resign him if all 3 of the following are met.

1) We don't have a "Man City of league 1" budget.

2) Holden wants 5 senior center backs.

3) We are prepared to take a "hair cut" on Lavelle and he isn't part of our squad next season.

As with a lot of places in the squad the right looks significantly better than the left.

Hector                  standout 1st choice
    Ness                     Hector
    Inniss                   Ness
    Thomas               Inniss
    Lavelle                 Thomas

We absolutely have to take a hair cut on Lavelle. We should let them remove our entire head if that's what it takes. He's collapsed so badly that it took 4 minutes for Burton to decide he wasn't good enough. They brought him on on 86 minutes to preserve a point against Pompey and subsequently conceded on the 90th minute. They brought him on in midfield, presumably applying the Deji principle of putting him equidistant between the two goals to cause as little trouble as possible but it didn't work. He then played 89 minutes in a 0-0 draw where they took him off before the end, again presumably to preserve the draw, which is fairly damning for a centre back. He's made the squad on just one other occasion. This is a team sat in 18th position, not entirely free of relegation fears who deliberately put MacGillivray in goal every week, and they don't even want Lavelle protecting their bench. League 2 beckons for him where he can hopefully rebuild his career as he was on an upward trajectory before he met us. I really don't enjoy seeing our players fail or giving up on them, but I've never seen a player regress as badly as Lavelle, he genuinely looks like all his instincts as a defender have left him. If Lavelle is in our squad next season in any way other than literally no-one would take him so we built the squad as if he wasn't there anyway then I give up
    There it is. There's the Garrymanilow we know and love. He had some weird opinions on Macauley Bonne but he's back. And whaddaya know, Bonne is Good Now too! Also Sprach Zarathustra and all that

(Lavelle surely came off injured though lol) 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I would resign him if all 3 of the following are met.

1) We don't have a "Man City of league 1" budget.

2) Holden wants 5 senior center backs.

3) We are prepared to take a "hair cut" on Lavelle and he isn't part of our squad next season.

As with a lot of places in the squad the right looks significantly better than the left.

Hector                  standout 1st choice
    Ness                     Hector
    Inniss                   Ness
    Thomas               Inniss
    Lavelle                 Thomas

We absolutely have to take a hair cut on Lavelle. We should let them remove our entire head if that's what it takes. He's collapsed so badly that it took 4 minutes for Burton to decide he wasn't good enough. They brought him on on 86 minutes to preserve a point against Pompey and subsequently conceded on the 90th minute. They brought him on in midfield, presumably applying the Deji principle of putting him equidistant between the two goals to cause as little trouble as possible but it didn't work. He then played 89 minutes in a 0-0 draw where they took him off before the end, again presumably to preserve the draw, which is fairly damning for a centre back. He's made the squad on just one other occasion. This is a team sat in 18th position, not entirely free of relegation fears who deliberately put MacGillivray in goal every week, and they don't even want Lavelle protecting their bench. League 2 beckons for him where he can hopefully rebuild his career as he was on an upward trajectory before he met us. I really don't enjoy seeing our players fail or giving up on them, but I've never seen a player regress as badly as Lavelle, he genuinely looks like all his instincts as a defender have left him. If Lavelle is in our squad next season in any way other than literally no-one would take him so we built the squad as if he wasn't there anyway then I give up
    There it is. There's the Garrymanilow we know and love. He had some weird opinions on Macauley Bonne but he's back. And whaddaya know, Bonne is Good Now too! Also Sprach Zarathustra and all that

(Lavelle surely came off injured though lol) 
    Trust the process. Bonne is great, except when he isn't, which is constantly.
    The Lavelle sub was described as 'tactical', which seems fitting. He was on a yellow and Accrington thought he should have been sent off (hauled a man down after being turned, standard) so any other foul probably would have been a red. To be fair to him it looks like he was subbed for a midfielder and he was third CB so seems they were going for the win, but 'Burton Albion's most sub-able defender' isn't something I'd love to see at the top of my footballing CV, so still not great.
  • Options
    Oh right. Yeah. He'll always have that winning penalty I guess! 
  • Options
    Lavelle will end up on a season loan or a move away on a nominal fee. Probably one the clunkiest CBs I've seen for some time. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'm really enjoying Thomas at left back. He's like a better version of Ben Purrington. He's more solid defensively and has much better distribution. Some of his passing is excellent and he's not afraid of pinging a flat ball through a small gap to break the lines.
    If Holden decides to return to his favoured back 3 then Thomas could be ideal for the left centre back position. Would probably still rather he be backup but I feel like that is quite similar to the role he is playing now by not really overlapping and crossing 
  • Options
    He looks comfortable in that position. Certainly giving Holden something to think about.
  • Options
    Currently captaining Saint Lucia in their Gold Cup pre lim v Martinique on ESPN 

Ex addick Hackett Fairchild also playing for Saint Lucia 
    St Lucia got turned over 3-1, so Terrel should be back soon to sort out his future. That was one of the strongest ever St Lucia squads. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ferryman said:
    Currently captaining Saint Lucia in their Gold Cup pre lim v Martinique on ESPN 

Ex addick Hackett Fairchild also playing for Saint Lucia 
    St Lucia got turned over 3-1, so Terrel should be back soon to sort out his future. That was one of the strongest ever St Lucia squads. 
    I mean I watched the match

I wouldn't say they were turned over

It was extremely tight and first half was hard to tell which team were playing in Nations League A and Nations League C last year, 2nd half the international experience of Martinique came into it and they scored in the 74th minute which meant Saint Lucia had to push on and they were hit again 

But it was a very valiant effort from them and I think they will grow as a nation the more games they play think they had 3/4 players making international debuts and couple of others playing for only the 3/4 time, its a very inexperienced squad internationally
  • Options
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Good news. Think he found his position at LB at the tail-end of the season and can provide cover at CB. Solid defensively and good distribution. 
    Ditto.
  • Options
    Good news..
  • Options
    Good  signing . Play in a few positions ideal to have around the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4th choice centre back. 2nd choice left back would be my ideal…
    I agree, he's not a regular starter for me.
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Happy with that, will make a good squad player 
     Because of course, were going to sign bigger and better players than Terrell Thomas...aren't we?

• Options
    4th choice centre back. 2nd choice left back would be my ideal…
    This, not a bad signing...

• Options
    Happy enough with this, more than adequate cover across a couple of positions. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    cabbles said:
    cabbles said:
    Happy with that, will make a good squad player 
     Because of course, we’re going to sign bigger and better players than Terrell Thomas...aren't we?

For me, this is very much our 2023 Adam Matthews 
     I do worry that we are heading down a path trodden many times before.
     Why do so many assume that Thomas is being lined up as just a squad player that will just be cover for when our 'big guns' get a knock??
  • Options
    I thought he looked out of his depth most of the time last season but I won't be too negative as will assume he has been re-signed as cheap back up and will hopefully make most of his appearances in the paint trophy. 
  • Options
    Good back up. Good with the youngsters and another man in the dressing room.