Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Match Preview | Tuesday 13 September 2022

Comments

• Options
    Home win .. try Thomas at left back where Clayden is pretty ordinary and that is being VERY kind
    I'd like to see a 4 4 2 with Raki pulled back to right wing, Blackett-T on the left and Leaburn alongside Stockley .. this will not happen of course
    FGR have made a poor start to the season under a new manager and have lost a couple of the better players from last season

I was thinking of coming down by train for this one, staying overnight in Greenwich Travelodge .. the  problem is Tuesday night in a 'cheap' hotel in the area would cost me a minimum of £125, maximum £192 ..  Greenwich High Street is fully booked, must be the FGR army come to town .. so. I will be online from N E Lincs

CAFC 2 v Forest Green Rovers 0
    @lincsaddick on occasion, we could put someone up for the night who can’t get back after an evening game. 
  • Options
    Home win .. try Thomas at left back where Clayden is pretty ordinary and that is being VERY kind
    I'd like to see a 4 4 2 with Raki pulled back to right wing, Blackett-T on the left and Leaburn alongside Stockley .. this will not happen of course
    FGR have made a poor start to the season under a new manager and have lost a couple of the better players from last season

I was thinking of coming down by train for this one, staying overnight in Greenwich Travelodge .. the  problem is Tuesday night in a 'cheap' hotel in the area would cost me a minimum of £125, maximum £192 ..  Greenwich High Street is fully booked, must be the FGR army come to town .. so. I will be online from N E Lincs

@lincsaddick on occasion, we could put someone up for the night who can’t get back after an evening game. 
    very kind offer A A .. I might take you up on that sometime .. I am pretty nearly house trained  o:)
  • Options

London hotels will be booked out for the next week with visitors coming down to pay respects to her Majesty
    true, but hotels all over the country have almost doubled their prices anyway
  • Options

Used to be able to find a few cheap nights at the Greenwich TL but they seem to be keeping prices higher since summer.
    T/Ls everywhere are (I reckon) 80% more expensive since the lockdowns .. made it too expensive for me to go to many games  :'(
    I got three nights in the Greenwich high rd TL in July for £160 - in the months prior to that I managed to get £120 and £140.  Now there is nothing over the next 9 months for less than around 200 - often more like 300.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.

Seth Plum MUST WIN the Euro lottery so he can carry out his manifesto to make Charlton great again.

In Seth Plum we trust.
  • Options
    Definitely has the potential to be our lowest league attendance for years. Mid week, poorly supported away side, on Charlton TV, country in mourning, tickets over priced & due to piss down with rain.

Other than that, I reckon it will be quality & we’ll win 2-1. Big Chuks in the last minute.

Don't forget Greenwich Council and the London Mayor's ongoing war against private transport.
    Do you perhaps mean their ongoing attempt to stop unnecessary deaths caused by air pollution?
    With the reawakening of cancerous cells now being linked to air pollution.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Used to be able to find a few cheap nights at the Greenwich TL but they seem to be keeping prices higher since summer.
    T/Ls everywhere are (I reckon) 80% more expensive since the lockdowns .. made it too expensive for me to go to many games  :'(
    I got three nights in the Greenwich high rd TL in July for £160 - in the months prior to that I managed to get £120 and £140.  Now there is nothing over the next 9 months for less than around 200 - often more like 300.
    Try Dartford. The Royal Victoria in the centre of Dartford has rooms under a £100 for tomorrow night. Centre of town, reasonable beers and not far from station. 
  • Options
    We should win this.  They’ve not had the greatest starts, and we should have enough to get the win.  It’s a big test.  Stockley needs a goal from open play, and the players need to show the Plymouth game was a one off.  Taking into account the win against Derby, you can’t say we’ve played particularly well so far this season.  Some okay results, but Plymouth aside, I’ve not seen anything to excite me.

• Options
    cabbles said:
    We should win this.  They’ve not had the greatest starts, and we should have enough to get the win.  It’s a big test.  Stockley needs a goal from open play, and the players need to show the Plymouth game was a one off.  Taking into account the win against Derby, you can’t say we’ve played particularly well so far this season.  Some okay results, but Plymouth aside, I’ve not seen anything to excite me.

should there be a 'not' before a one off.?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Feel like we need a win to get back on course for overachievement. I hope the long break has given players a chance to reset because we've had too many out of form recently. 

It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow, but my wife says I should go to the match and she doesn't mind.

... Is it a trap?
    Think she's banking on you being a happy chappy at approx 11pm!
  • Options
    John Busby did not officiate at either of our Accrington games in that season nor the next season nor this season
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

He's in his sixties but might still give Stockley a race over 100 yards....
    Haha nothing would surprise me. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Definitely has the potential to be our lowest league attendance for years. Mid week, poorly supported away side, on Charlton TV, country in mourning, tickets over priced & due to piss down with rain.

Other than that, I reckon it will be quality & we’ll win 2-1. Big Chuks in the last minute.

Don't forget Greenwich Council and the London Mayor's ongoing war against private transport.
    Do you perhaps mean their ongoing attempt to stop unnecessary deaths caused by air pollution?
    The Woolwich Road reworking has been an excellent example of this, with more traffic jams than ever before and only a mid-works observation by a local business that prevented the trees impacted from being taken away as opposed to replanted in the new pavement area (which thankfully they now are).

Hopefully a good game to come, as this is now the only home game of the month, fingers crossed we get both a good attendance and a good performance. The next 3 at home are Oxford, Pompey & MK, so a win is very important

I would love to see BG make a change up top, with either Miles, Payne or DJ given a floating False 9 role to try and get around the JS issue.

Infact between now and 2023 are home games are:
    FGR
    Oxford
    Pompey
    Mk
    Ipswich
    Cheltenham
    Bristol Rovers
    Peterborough
    ??Exeter??

Next home 'banker' after tomorrow is not until 3rd December... at which point we could be hearing stats like, haven't won at home in the league since 16th August... 
  • Options
    Bailey said:

Indeed. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I think we can keep up a push until the point where our squad size can't sustain it. It is still early days so expect us to be in the top half battling for a play off place for a month or so at least. I can't see us going up though sadly unless we are incredibly lucky with injuries. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Busby did not officiate at either of our Accrington games in that season nor the next season nor this season
    He definitely did. He was a late replacement for the sky game when we lost 2-0 on the Friday night in January 2021. 

And did the Forest Green game we lost in the cup on penalties as well. Championship referee now. 
  • Options
    Interesting on the injuries. I’m going to guess Egbo and Aneke are the ones back, and Innis and Sess are a little further back.

Need Sess back ASAP. 

Also interesting about the change of formations and setting up differently for different teams. That will keep the ‘plan b’ lot happy - if it happens.

All in all I do feel like we are in a strong place, but the lack of a striker and the last 3 performances are really a bit of a hanging cloud.

Again, need a big performance tomorrow night
    if we have any aspirations for challenging top 6.
  • Options
    0-1 and Putin is the least of our worries...  Well on here anyway!
  • Options
    A should win game and a must win game but who knows.

I suspect it will be in front of a very small crowd though 
  • Options
    Just hoping chucks comes on and surprises us all by staying fit for the foreseeable - if he does and Egbo, Sessignon, CBT, mgrandles and Payne come in and make an impact as well then I might just lift out of a charlton gloom 🤞🤞
  • Options
    Would like to see Kirk and Morgan ‘rested’ for a bit 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Feel like we need a win to get back on course for overachievement. I hope the long break has given players a chance to reset because we've had too many out of form recently. 

It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow, but my wife says I should go to the match and she doesn't mind.

... Is it a trap?
    More likely an affair than a trap mate. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    First game back at The Valley for over 3 years tomorrow after a series of unfortunate events.

Nailed on for a 0-0 draw and to pour down with rain.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!